Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Wedding Favors

I'm having a hard time picking out appropriate wedding favors to give my guests.  I want to give pillow mints and personalized match books but I was starting to consider giving out those wicker fans that theknot.com has for sale. 

It's an outside wedding in late May and I live in Houston so it tends to be pretty warm and humid outside.  Do you think it's necessary to place a fan on each person's chair outside for the ceremony or do you think it's a silly idea that I should not do? 

I thought the guests could use these as a wedding favor but now I'm afraid that they will just go to waste.

Thanks!

Re: Wedding Favors

• Options
    I agree with the program fans... there are a lot of free templates out there.  Also maybe post it on the DIY board :)
  • Options
    I agree with the previous posters.  Unless it's a cookie, I tend to throw away favors.  I skipped them altogether at my wedding and no one missed them.  As one of my friends' husbands pointed out "you're giving everyone a great meal and free drinks all night, they don't need a favor, too."
  • Options
    I know you didn't ask this, but I would be fucking miserable at an outdoor wedding in late May in Houston. Please tell me you are going to have this in the shade or under a tent.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wedding-favors-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:18c4c929-901d-409f-8c26-4823f5f8750aPost:7e360551-4bea-448c-a86b-10aae3fd1f9c">Wedding Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having a hard time picking out appropriate wedding favors to give my guests.  I want to give pillow mints and personalized match books but I was starting to consider giving out those wicker fans that theknot.com has for sale.  It's an outside wedding in late May and I live in Houston so it tends to be pretty warm and humid outside.  Do you think it's necessary to place a fan on each person's chair outside for the ceremony or do you think it's a silly idea that I should not do?  I thought the guests could use these as a wedding favor but now I'm afraid that they will just go to waste. Thanks!
    Posted by csumler[/QUOTE]

I agree about doing fans as programs.

But may I ask if there's going to be shade? As a fellow Houstonian and a victim of going to a wedding in May, it's just <strong>SO HOT</strong> in May. I don't know that fans will too effective when you think about the humidity as well as the lack of wind.

That's JMO, but I can't stand outdoor weddings in this area between May-September. Possibly April, too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wedding-favors-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:18c4c929-901d-409f-8c26-4823f5f8750aPost:41d0621b-29dc-4d38-bf70-a00882fc684b">Re: Wedding Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Wedding Favors : I agree about doing fans as programs. But may I ask if there's going to be shade? As a fellow Houstonian and a victim of going to a wedding in May, it's just SO HOT in May. I don't know that fans will too effective when you think about the humidity as well as the lack of wind. That's JMO, but I can't stand outdoor weddings in this area between May-September. Possibly April, too.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

It's going to be under an Oak Tree at Oakland Farm and Ranch out in Tomball.  So there is plenty of shade.  The ceremony is only about 20 minutes long and the reception is indoors.  But yah, Houston heat sucks and I would hate for everyone to get all dressed up and pretty and then they sweat all their makeup off.  LOL  Gotta love Houston!  It's hot from April to October!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards