New York-New York City
Options

LImos - Staten Island/ brooklyn

Has anyone used Romantique or double diamond. We met with both of them and are trying to decide which one to use. or if you have any other suggestions that would be great too we are getting married on SI.

Thanks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: LImos - Staten Island/ brooklyn

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I heard some good recommendations from people who used Romantique but I think they were more expensive than other places.  I heard bad things about Double Diamond from people.  I'm using A-Class limos, which is located on Hylan Blvd.  The owner was very nice and helpful.  I haven't used them yet but so far things have been great with them.  I'd look into them over Double Diamond.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I looked at both limo companies and went with double diamond.

I did not have the best experience with romantique. I thought the guy was a total jerk. We wanted a party bus. The owner (forget his name) said he can't offer us the bus because it's the night of high school proms and would make more $ off of them than us because their nights last longer etc. He was pushing us into limos but he couldn't offer us the larger ones (again due to prom) so he wanted to separate the guys and girls AND us. It was ridiculous. Then he's all "you won't find a deal as good as this". Dude, we do not want 3 separate limos! Yeah. It was May on that appointment (well in advance) and said how do you even know it will be the same weekend? The school year doesn't start until Sept! But he said he just knows from years past. I'm sorry I went on a tangent but we have friends that used them and were happy so I'm sure there are flip sides to my story.

Double diamond offered us what we wanted at a price we were happy with.

There is a new limo co called New Heritage on the south shore that is supposed to be pretty decent too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LuvC, would you mind sharing the bad things you heard from double diamond?
    I'd like to make sure we bring up those negative points to the driver or people that work there prior to our wedding. Obviously I would just say I heard from "a friend" and not mention this site.  Thanks :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     Off the top of my head, I think the driver was rude and may have asked for a bigger tip?  I have a horrible memory.  I'll re-ask the people who gave me stories and get back to you on this.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, I appreciate it. Page me if anything, I'm more frequently on the jersey board since i'm getting married in jersey.  
    I feel like I read that in this forum too and hoped it was only a one time occurrence. So tacky that story is.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    To be fair, at least the owner was honest.  Many boards advise you to book early because of prom issues.  And some places, even with a reservation, may and do cancel if they get a better off from prom kids.  Just an fyi.  It does sound like he was pushing for extra limos but his reasoning, even as early as it was, wasn't without some accuracy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Slbriz, I do agree with you that's why limos were one of our first vendors. It wasn't even just his reasoning, it was the way he came off rudely, trying to force the 3 limos, and claiming we won't find anything better than them. It just rubbed us the wrong way.
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i've heard good things about Romantique... some of my cousins used them.  I used AMEX in Brooklyn, only b/c we splurged and got the Ford F-650 limo.  It's HUGE!  Bigger than a hummer and nicknamed "The Hummer Killer"
  • Options
    CristycarsonCristycarson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would look into Pro Latin Entertainment. They have an amazing fleet and its a newly developed company. They are listed on the Projectwedding.com and gigmasters.com web sites for reviews and photos  of the limos as well.

Cristy C
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards