Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Photographer issues

I booked my photographer a year ago and had discussed the different packages that she offers. Recently my FI e-mailed her to set up a timeline for our wedding day and make sure everything was clear about the package we were choosing.

Our original package included 8 hours of coverage, two photographers, engagement photos, rights to images, & an 8X10 album

She changed the package to be, 8 hours of photography, ONE photographer, engagement photos, rights to images, & a proof box

I'm not happy with the changes, we chose her and the original package because we thought it was a deal. I'm also not fond of the idea of getting a box with pictures on it instead of an album. Can she make these changes and just expect us to pay the same price and get less from her? Anyone else have problems with photographers changing their packages?

Re: Photographer issues

• Options
    What does your contract say?   She is obligated to provide what you both agreed to when you signed your contract.
  • Options
    DItto PP.  What does the contract state?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_photographer-issues-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1b4bac36-e2bd-4028-b991-b69144356b98Post:dd1d17d8-f84c-443c-bf59-69bb616a0d7d">Re: Photographer issues</a>:
    [QUOTE]What does your contract say?   She is obligated to provide what you both agreed to when you signed your contract.
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

That's the worst part, we can't find it! I know we signed one & that she has a copy of it, but we moved and have no idea where it ended up.
  • Options
    Well, without a contract proving you agreed to the original deal, you're hosed. I'd suggest you rip the place apart and find it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    Ask her for a copy of your contract.  She has to have it on file somewhere.
  • Options
    I would ask her for a copy of the contract.  Just e-mail her and say,

"Hi Photographer.  I am contacting a few of my vendors to get copies of my contracts because we recently moved and misplaced a few of our contracts.  We just want to make sure all of the details are covered leading up to the wedding.

If you could please mail/email a copy of our signed contract, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!

Twinkie
  • Options
    I'd look for your contract.

BUT, she has to have  a signed copy of your contract as well.
  • Options
    I think asking for the contract might be a good idea. I really don't want to burn a bridge with her before our wedding. I just want to approach it in a way that we get what we want and she doesn't hate us so we get good pictures.
  • Options
    oh dear i am sorry to hear that. Good luck in getting the contract. I hope you get the package that you originally signed for.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely get a copy of the contract. Hopefully you can get what you originally were offered!

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Couldn't she theoretically forge a contract, though? Or she could say she lost it too and then what? I think finding your copy is the safest bet. If you do have to ask for one, I wouldn't say "we moved and lost ours." There's got to be a better excuse.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    for you to misplace/ loose the contract is ok but not the best (stuff happens). For her to misplace or loose a contract is bad business (she should have the original contract and maybe even a copy of it). 

She should know that the packaged has been changed and that you sighned before the change. I hope even if contracts can't be found that she is willing to still give you what you paid for. Good Luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If she doesn't have a signed and DATED copy of the contract then I say try to find someone else. To remove a photographer and not create an album saves her a lot of money. I assume that she is asking for the same amount of money.  If you are like me, then you will want to have an album because I know I won't get around to making one, and I think having 2 photographers is always a smart idea.
  • Options
    You need to find your contract. Without it, you are screwed. I have never heard of a photographer entering into a contract for one package and then changing it. Perhaps you were mistaken about your package.
  • Options
    The photography package that we booked changed after we signed and it was no problem getting our original package. Did she say to you that she was doing y now instead of x, or do you just know that her packages have changed and are concerned?
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Did you begin your contact with through email? perhaps you have a copy of the original email with the package you bought. (I know gmail keeps things forever) I had horrible problems with my photographer so I understand the stress. I hope it works out!
  • Options
    Though I do have to say, I got a proof box with 100 of her favorite pictures and dvd's with the rest and she didn't pick the ones to print that I liked the best so I am glad I didn't pay for an album (david's bridal gave me a free one for buying a dress through them which I didn't learn until a month after the wedding so I was happy!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards