Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I can't seem to get past this.

13»

Re: I can't seem to get past this.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cant-seem-past-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:1c09aa84-b240-4472-89ad-026f904f99b4Post:9780aed4-917a-492b-baa3-8ae9453bc9cb">Re: I can't seem to get past this.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can I give Nebb and Sun cookies?  Because I really want to give them cookies for their wonderful, intelligent, insightful responses.
    <p>Posted by wadingmoose[/QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p>Do you have any of those pumpkin cookies that people were talking about recently? I want to try!</p>
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cant-seem-past-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:1c09aa84-b240-4472-89ad-026f904f99b4Post:75e4e3cf-bb0e-4152-a23a-287226853ca4">Re: I can't seem to get past this.</a>:
    [QUOTE]He's not a bad or mean person. He is a loving, caring, wonderful person.  I don't come here to brag about the good things he does, I come here for help talking out my problems. I guess you guys wouldnt understand because you all have conflict-free marriages.
    <p>Posted by jessjo04[/QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p>Jess, you'll notice that I specifically said that I didn't think he was horrible or not meant for you- I just need to emphasise that the way he treats you isn't right. This isn't simply a matter of him not being over-the-top fantastic, as you've changed your OP to suggest- it's about the fact that he treats you in a way that is without the respect and love that you deserve. </p><p> </p><p>You can either continue to defend him and play the victim, constantly feeling saddened by the situation, or you can seek some help for the two of you to move beyond this to a better place in your relationship.</p><p> </p><p>And, you know, I tell you this because I care about you- and it's frustrating to read you effectively saying that we're all being 'mean'. You deserve better treatment, but that<strong> will not happen</strong> until you make steps towards changing the situation.</p><p> </p><p>The reason the rest of us are horrified by some of the things your H says/does is because a person who treats you with respect simply would not act in that way. A random that you're sleeping with shouldn't say, 'I don't care, I'm horny' in response to you saying that you didn't feel like sex as you feel fat- let alone your H. That's far beyond the conduct of someone who supports you, and you guys need to work together to mend these issues, because they're simply not yours alone. I'm sorry if you're not in a place where you can see that what I'm saying is coming from a position of caring. It's not easy to say confronting things, and I understand it's hard for you to read them, but I believe that in this case you have to face the reality of the situation if you want it to get better- and you deserve for it to be better. </p>
  • Options
    Is this a joke?
  • Options
    She edited her original post, which is why it doesn't make sense. If you read through the posts themselves, you can get a gist of what the original post has said.
  • Options
    This whole thing makes me very, very sad.
  • Options
    Even reading the whole thing it sounds like a sad joke.  Who even says that they don't want to have sex because they "feel fat"?? That's just a weird thing to say in general whether it was to yh OR a one night stand.  And if you really ARE fat, do you want your husband to lie to you about it?  If it's necessary to fish for compliments or not have sex because you feel fat then you have bigger problems than yh saying he wants to do it anyway because he's horny.
  • Options
    Oh there are many problems TSD.

I am curious as to whether her husband continually offers comments about her weight or how she should go to the gym (as she has said in the past), or if it is her constantly talking about being fat and maybe he is sick of hearing it and has finally taken to just agreeing or trying to offer solutions to make changes if she is unhappy so she can feel better about herself or just STFU.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards