Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Just FYI.

Re: Just FYI.

• Options
    Hugs, whit!! Stay strong! If you need us every single day, we'll be here!
  • Options
    I'm sorry this happened :( I don't know what else to say other than I wish you the best of luck in all this. 
    panther
  • Options
    wow, you're really brave for doing this. i hope you get through everything ok.
  • Options
    Megan, I'm so sorry! It sounds like you are doing the right thing, though, and if you ever need a group of ladies to pull Shane's mustache off (remembering what OWN said a few months ago), you know where to find us. It sounds like he and his mother don't deserve you.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    Does his mom have a moustache, too? Because I'll take one side if someone else has the other...
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I bet we could find something painful to pull off his mom. If she doesn't already have a moustache, we could put one on, and then pull it off.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    Oh Whit, ::hugs::.  I'm sorry that you're going through this but good for you to stick to the decision.  As PPs said, you can know that you're making the right one.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_just-fyi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:1e798f50-4a94-4b10-8890-8c6ba143d472Post:e26071b7-ae0d-4b39-80d5-bca309c22abf">Re: Just FYI.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can I ask why his mom was going all momzilla on you? She's never seemed to treat you very well.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Shane had minor surgery on Wednesday and was home by that afternoon, and was up and walking and running errands on Friday. On Saturday, they had a funeral to attend and a wake after, and supposedly his mom refused to attend the wake because she didn't want Shane to be alone that long (I was in Nashville and he was stayin at his mom's since the surgery). So she didn't attend and came back home. Apparently that made her mad and that's what turned her into a momzilla.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    She was mad because she couldn't attend a funeral when Shane was RUNNING ERRANDS THE DAY BEFORE?

Crazy train, ticket for 1?
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    She's a fuucking twatwaffle. They both need to cut the cord.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_just-fyi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1e798f50-4a94-4b10-8890-8c6ba143d472Post:e149c011-8ae8-466a-b9b3-b42cac44cb4f">Re: Just FYI.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does his mom have a moustache, too? Because I'll take one side if someone else has the other...
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

*snort*

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_just-fyi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:1e798f50-4a94-4b10-8890-8c6ba143d472Post:c9539985-c47d-4265-94e6-5fa0b6c879c3">Re: Just FYI.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bet we could find something painful to pull off his mom. If she doesn't already have a moustache, we could put one on, and then pull it off.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

Oh, shane gets his mustache after his mom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_just-fyi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1e798f50-4a94-4b10-8890-8c6ba143d472Post:c13c6a75-4c19-420f-8c0e-2323e67872aa">Re: Just FYI.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just FYI. : Oh, shane gets his mustache after his mom.
    Posted by mwhitson14[/QUOTE]

bwahaha
  • Options
    This works out well for Shane. 

Now mommy can take care of him while he fails at a bull riding career.  I hope he gets impaled by a horn! 
  • Options
    So she got upset that she came home to take care of someone who wasn't in need of care in the first place? 

What a lovely woman.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_just-fyi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1e798f50-4a94-4b10-8890-8c6ba143d472Post:c13c6a75-4c19-420f-8c0e-2323e67872aa">Re: Just FYI.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just FYI. : Oh, shane gets his mustache after his mom.

Ha!

In that case, I volunteer to get the other side.

*Cracks knuckles*
  • Options
    Whit, Shane's family sounds like a buncha crazy hillbillies. Believe me, I know my fair share of crazy hillbillies.

Have you been staying at your parents, or what? They're totally behind you, right? If I was Shane, I'd be worried about Daddy Whit coming after me.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_just-fyi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:1e798f50-4a94-4b10-8890-8c6ba143d472Post:040f41a9-856d-4c1a-af19-640e2310ebc4">Re: Just FYI.</a>:
    [QUOTE]So she got upset that she came home to take care of someone who wasn't in need of care in the first place?  What a lovely woman.
    Posted by banana468[/QUOTE]

He said he was in a lot of pain Saturday, but I was already in Nasville. Shane said he had an issue with me going to Nashville (actually, ran off was the words he and his mom used, though the trip had been planned about three weeks), but he never told me he didn't want me to go.
  • Options
    Whit, I'm so sorry to hear this. Kudos to you for standing up for yourself though. You will make it through, because you know you deserve better. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Oh.My.God.  Whit, I am sending you the biggest Swedish hugs ever (which are the best ones, after all).  I am so, so glad that you've kept your pride and not let him and his psycho mother destroy you. 

If you change your mind on this, I'm totally flying over to kick your butt.  Or maybe, I'll stuff you in a bag and bring you over here. Hmmm.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_just-fyi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1e798f50-4a94-4b10-8890-8c6ba143d472Post:acd7a936-d608-4472-8001-830ba2843cee">Re: Just FYI.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just FYI. : He said he was in a lot of pain Saturday, but I was already in Nasville. Shane said he had an issue with me going to Nashville (actually, ran off was the words he and his mom used, though the trip had been planned about three weeks), but he never told me he didn't want me to go.
    Ooh... does this mean we get to trash talk him as much as possible now?! *rubs hands in glee*
  • Options
    Holy crap Whit.  I'm sorry to hear that.  But, I'm proud of you.  And I think that Shane's mom is such a whoreface biitch.  I'm glad you'll be rid of that fuckked up famly.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_just-fyi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1e798f50-4a94-4b10-8890-8c6ba143d472Post:acd7a936-d608-4472-8001-830ba2843cee">Re: Just FYI.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just FYI. : He said he was in a lot of pain Saturday, but I was already in Nasville. Shane said he had an issue with me going to Nashville (actually, ran off was the words he and his mom used, though the trip had been planned about three weeks), but he never told me he didn't want me to go.

He probably didn't have a problem with it until she told him that he should.  She sounds like a trouble maker.  I can't imagine having to deal with that Whit, I'm sorry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Whit, I'm so very sorry you are going through this, but really proud of you for getting out now. I've been through something similar and if you need to vent feel free to PM me. Huge hugs and take care of yourself.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_just-fyi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:1e798f50-4a94-4b10-8890-8c6ba143d472Post:50ddf83a-5f36-462f-9af7-fe973e5604f5">Re: Just FYI.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whit, Shane's family sounds like a buncha crazy hillbillies. Believe me, I know my fair share of crazy hillbillies. Have you been staying at your parents, or what? They're totally behind you, right? If I was Shane, I'd be worried about Daddy Whit coming after me.
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

It was all I could do to keep my brother and dad away from that house. But as a teacher, I knew it might come back to haunt me if anything happened. And yeah, I'm at parents.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_just-fyi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1e798f50-4a94-4b10-8890-8c6ba143d472Post:536828b8-169c-4940-a61b-2d0e5b6732ea">Re: Just FYI.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just FYI. : It was all I could do to keep my brother and dad away from that house. But as a teacher, I knew it might come back to haunt me if anything happened. And yeah, I'm at parents.

Can one of them go back with you to get your stuff?  I agree with PP, you shouldn't go into that house alone.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    SnippylynnSnippylynn member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_just-fyi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1e798f50-4a94-4b10-8890-8c6ba143d472Post:536828b8-169c-4940-a61b-2d0e5b6732ea">Re: Just FYI.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just FYI. : It was all I could do to keep my brother and dad away from that house. But as a teacher, I knew it might come back to haunt me if anything happened. And yeah, I'm at parents.

So, after this shool year's out, do you think you'll start looking to get out of the area?

ETA:  I don't know if you've been around since I "came back", but it's Amoro, so you're not wondering who the hell this newbie is.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_just-fyi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:1e798f50-4a94-4b10-8890-8c6ba143d472Post:29b140b9-ec69-4309-aeb2-f4499dc9ac0f">Re: Just FYI.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just FYI. : He probably didn't have a problem with it until she told him that he should.  She sounds like a trouble maker.  I can't imagine having to deal with that Whit, I'm sorry.
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

winner winner chicken dinner
  • Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2010
    Are both of your names on the lease?   I'd be asking the divorce lawyer for a TRO for HER!  She sounds like a BSC biitch. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    bay, I'm actually tempted to take a cop friend of mine to the house after what happened.

snippy, yeah, that's the plan.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards