Wedding Etiquette Forum

Writing Thank You Cards...

Before my wedding one of DH aunts contacted me (she has her own dental practice) and asks if I would like some teeth whitening strips. I said "sure" and she sent them my way. When I called her to let her know I received the samples that the company had sent her, her response was "thats your wedding present"

One of his cousins had posted a comment on facebook that she had just made a dessert and I asked her for the recipe. She insisted it was a family recipe and it was top secret but agreed to send it to me bc I was soon to be family. She then emails it to me and says its our wedding present.

My question is: how do I write thank you cards for these "unique" gifts. Both relatives did not attend the wedding so I cant thank them for that ....
BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Writing Thank You Cards...

• Dear Aunt,

Thank you for the whitening strips you sent.  I used them before the wedding and my smile was amazing!  I have pictures to prove it.  We missed you at the wedding, but we look forward to getting together with you soon.

Dear Cousin,

I am so ecstatic that you have sent me this super secret recipe. I truly feel like I am part of the family.  I look forward to making it for my family and friends.  I would love to have you over to sample it soon.  Thank you again.

By the way, even though these are not registery or typical gifts, they are still gifts.  A little graciousness would be appropriate.  The fact that you are having problems figuring out how to say Thank you for these items is  distressing.  We got some unique things for our wedding, but we still knew how to say thank you for them and we were gracious for everythingwe received, no matter how small or "unique". 

ROCK IS KING!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards