Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Thank You Cards

Did you order thank you cards that matched your wedding invitations or did you buy some from the local store? If you ordered them, how far in advance did you order? I really love our wedding statationary, and since our save-the-dates and wedding invitations matched, I am tempted to order the matching thank you cards, but I don't want to overestimate...

Re: Thank You Cards

• Options
    Ours didn't match. I found our 'Thank- you's' while browsing a clearance aisle of a craft store. Picked them because it has our outdoor concept and matches the color of my dress.
  • Options
    I'm buying matching. I keep buying parts of our invites whenever I find a VP groupon, so I've ordered 20 so far. I'm anal and will be pre addressing them (I have tons of envelopes I already don't need so I won't be out any) so it'll be less work later. I really don't think matching matters though.
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I used these, with a 4x6 photo from the wedding with "Thank You" photoshopped in.

I know not everyone is a fan of picture cards, but I've always loved getting a photo of the couple with a wedding thank you.

http://www.amazon.com/Strathmore-Photomount-Cards-White-Pkg/dp/B0027AAVA0/ref=pd_sbs_hg_3

With these cards, photos (printed from Shutterfly), and postage, the cost was less than $1 apiece.
  • Options
    Mine are not matching.  I have more girlie bridal ones i will send for the bridal shower thank you's and the wedding thank you will be created with a wedding picture afterwards.

Anniversary
  • Options
    We'll have two weeks between the wedding and the honeymoon, and I'm determined to get them all written and sent before we leave! 
  • Options
    I wanted to, but to save money, I just got some from Hobby Lobby with a pair of silver hearts on them. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I ordered matching ones only because when I was ordering my invitations from Vistaprint, they were having an awesome deal, so I only paid like $15-20 for 50 of them.  I figured I couldn't do too much better buying them in a store.

SaveSave
  • Options
    Mine definitely do not match. I bought wholesale ivory cards and blue envelopes and then ordered a stamp that says "merci" along with an orange ink pad from Paper Source. Essentially, I've bought 250 thank you cards (that I just need to stamp) for about $70.

Our invites do not look anything like these thank you cards will, but I doubt anyone will notice whatsoever.
  • Options
    So, for those who ordered their thank you cards, how far in advance did you order and how many did you order in relation to your guest list?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thank-you-cards-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:211443d0-4f18-4fe2-a9a5-fce3db13b83ePost:93f50372-9191-4782-b09a-6db383f30630">Re: Thank You Cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]Considering we got 100 TY cards for $4 at Dollar Tree, I would not have been okay with paying 5 times that or more for matching cards that no one would likely even realized matched.  But that's just me.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>LMAO I know it's silly, but I'll only be sending out thank you cards for my wedding once. I intend to get nice stationary with our last name on it for other thank you stuff later (which will be much cheaper). I just want to splurge now. PLUS I love our wedding stationary SO MUCH :P</div>
  • Options
    I just got some generic, cheap ones at Target.  
  • Options
    Ours match.  It was like $25 bundled with the rest of our wedding stationery.  We did a joint monogram, and it's not super bridal actually, so we should be able to use it after the wedding if we have leftovers.  Actually, my FI and I each have personal stationery that is more formal.  It's nice having joint stationery, though, for joint gifts going forward.

We ordered the same number of thank you notes as we ordered invitations - we figured having leftovers isn't bad (like I said, it's not super formal), and that should give us enough for goofs.  I've been sending out thank yous on my personal stationery, but probably starting on Saturday I'm going to start holding them to mail after the wedding because it will finally be close enough.  At that point I'll switch to our official thank you notes for the remaining gifts that come in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    And I just have to say... my issues with the picture ones is that you don't get them until the wedding is over, and so most couples who do this don't even start them until then.  I've written more than 50 thank yous so far... and that would have added a lot of time on the back end if we waited.  At a certain point I think it's fine to hold off - a lot of gifts come in at the end and the couple has a lot of other things to do at that point - but for gifts that come 2 or 3 months out?  I don't think guests care enough about the picture thank yous to warrant a delay.  I mean, we have joint monogram stationery that can't go out until after we're married.  So we're using a different set of stationery for early gifts.  I think that anybody who wants to do the photo thank yous should have a set you can send out beforehand.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards