New York-New York City
Options

PLEASE HELP - lost location in brooklyn

hii just found out today that we did NOT get our permit to have our ceremony in the brooklyn bridge park on july 31 because the Liberty Challenge kayak event that was holding 3 different dates in july just confirmed that weekend. i am totally devastated. we are having our reception right there across the street from the park at bubby's so it was a perfect set up and we were so excited about it. i am desperately searching for other nearby outdoor location ideas - another park, a rooftop, a garden, a terrace...anything in that neighborhood. the parks office offered the brooklyn heights promenade to us but im not really familiar with it. any thoughts or ideas???
thanks so much!

Re: PLEASE HELP - lost location in brooklyn

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How about Valentino Pier in Red Hook?
  • Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    the promenade is gorgeous, you might want to check it out.

there are a few other parks in the area:
    cobble hill park (probably a 10-15 minute walk from Brooklyn Bridge Park)
    prospect park (you'd would need to drive or subway, but it isn't far)
    brooklyn botanic garden (same as above).
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out these loft-type spaces:

Smack Mellon
    The Foundry
    Stage 6

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i checked out bubby's in the early stages of my planning, and i'm pretty sure that they allow you to have the ceremony there.  is that an option for you?  that would be really convenient for your guests - no travel time in between.  good luck!
  • Options
    lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could check out the Ethical Culture Society in Park Slope, it's on Prospect Park W. and the corner of 2nd.  I know they do weddings there and they have a large outdoor gated yard.  It's worth checking into even though it's a bit away from bubby's.  Good luck!!!
  • Options
    trehaktrehak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you all so much for the suggestions!  yes, bubby's said they could definitely accommodate us for an indoor ceremony but we were really hoping so much for an outdoor ceremony with a beautiful view before being indoors the rest of the evening.  i am definitely going to start checking out some of these ideas, thanks again!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Bargemusic.  It's just on the other side of the Brooklyn Bridge, and I'm pretty sure they do a short rental for ceremonies on the barge (outdoors, but maybe covered...).  Sorry about the permit - that stinks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards