Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

selling my davids bridal dress

I am selling a davids bridal dress. the style is 2295E  email me if your interested :)  vitabon3@gmail.com

Re: selling my davids bridal dress

• Options
    danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2010
    You might have better luck on the Trash to Treasure board and your local Craig's List.  Also you should post pictures in the post if you want to get any interest.

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/5440370/ShowForum.aspx

Also, it's against Knot Community rules to spam the boards so please don't post this on every board or it will be deleted.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Has anyone heard of altering a wedding gown into a regular dress?  I almost think I could pull it off with my DB dress.  I'm thinking about shortening it and maybe even dying it.  Would that work, or would it be a disaster?  I would sell the dress, but the fabric got some runs in it lower down where my bracelet caught on it.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_selling-davids-bridal-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:24866bab-c27a-457c-8f2e-ab480e3b34d9Post:0c8bfd23-14aa-428a-9cea-02ea8db7d172">Re: selling my davids bridal dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone heard of altering a wedding gown into a regular dress?  I almost think I could pull it off with my DB dress.  I'm thinking about shortening it and maybe even dying it.  Would that work, or would it be a disaster?  I would sell the dress, but the fabric got some runs in it lower down where my bracelet caught on it.
    Posted by cocoreo3[/QUOTE]
    I would have loved to try this with my wedding dress, but I think my FIL threw it out :(
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_selling-davids-bridal-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:24866bab-c27a-457c-8f2e-ab480e3b34d9Post:109f4c2c-6ba9-447b-a555-a59caa359dc4">Re: selling my davids bridal dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: selling my davids bridal dress : I would have loved to try this with my wedding dress, but I think my FIL threw it out :(
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]
    He threw it out?!   That's awful.  I might as well try it because I could probably only sell it for $50 at the most.  It would be so much fun if I could actually wear it places! 
  • Options
    I kind of want to shorten my dress once I'm done with it.  It's a trumpet shape, so it wouldn't be too hard to shorten it into a cocktail dress with a pencil shape.  I don't know...I was thinking about saving it in case I have a daughter who wants to wear it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_selling-davids-bridal-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:24866bab-c27a-457c-8f2e-ab480e3b34d9Post:6ed8319a-6ea0-4c89-b9e5-4d6533b15fc3">Re: selling my davids bridal dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: selling my davids bridal dress : He threw it out?!   That's awful.  I might as well try it because I could probably only sell it for $50 at the most.  It would be so much fun if I could actually wear it places! 
    Posted by cocoreo3[/QUOTE]
    I'm pretty sure he did because I can't find it and it was in his house.  Oh well, I couldn't figure out what to do with it anyway.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Cocero, I'm sure you can. I'm in love with my dress and want to shorten it, but I think it would still be too bridal-y.

If you have a link to the style, we could probably get a better idea.
  • Options
    Coco, my grandmother died my aunt's first communion dress blue to turn it into a "party dress" when she was a kid. I bet if you took it to a drycleaner they could tell you more about the fabric and help you with it.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards