Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

How to delete from WeddingChannel.com?

We'd like to delete our profile on WeddingChannel.com, but I can't figure out how.  It only lists one of the places that we're registered at (they aren't "partners" with one of the companies we registered at), and we generally just don't want to be on there.  The trick is that I don't think I ever gave them any info about me - I can log in because I have a TK account, but I don't remember ever setting anything up there, and I certainly didn't register through there or tell them where I registered.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: How to delete from WeddingChannel.com?

• Options
    Sorry, no ide :( I still haven't figured out how to removemy name from my bio/ profile.
  • Options
    I just emailed them, so we'll see what happens.  It's funny - all the crap on that page, and the button for "Help" is like a 6 font at the bottom, then there's a link to "Contact Us", but it just loops me back to their main page.  Grr.
  • Options
    Thats irritating. I've pretty much given up on my problem. I meant to ask KA but I forget.
  • Options
    I don't think you can. TK and WC are the owned by the same company, I believe. Like KFC and Taco Bell.
  • Options
    Yea, I saw that they're owned by the same company.  I don't remember giving either company the names of the places I registered at, though.
  • Options
    My registry is on WC too.  I definitely did not tell WC where I'm registered.  I assume that buried deep in the terms and conditions novel, written in legalese, is some clause that they can share information with third party companies.  That blows.
  • Options
    My guess is that they're mining the info from the companies that they're "partners" with.  So if you registered with a company that they're not "partners" with, that registry isn't reflected on their "profile" of you.  Which does blow - especially since they're publishing it as though it's something you've told them to tell the world (calling it a profile), when in fact they and the companies they "partner" with are the ones who've decided to aggregate and publish the information.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_delete-weddingchannelcom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:249dd56d-3b4a-4b5a-a73a-6d41fc71b6c4Post:fa92ba33-38c1-4693-9616-67472feae4bf">Re: How to delete from WeddingChannel.com?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My guess is that they're mining the info from the companies that they're "partners" with.  So if you registered with a company that they're not "partners" with, that registry isn't reflected on their "profile" of you. 
    Posted by carrieoz_76[/QUOTE]

I think that is the case.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you want it down, you actually have to call and ask them to take it down. When we first registered, it pulled our info from the places we registered at---and showed up in google (if you googled my name or Rich's) within a day, with our full names, date of our wedding, and location of our wedding. We were so creeped out that we called and demanded they take it down---they acted like no one had ever made such a request, but---they pulled it from google the next day, and it was down after that. 

It's a PITA, but it's worth it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Rach - That's helpful.  Did you call WC to do this, and if so, do you happen to have the number you called?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards