Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Wearing white to wedding?

I have a bit of an issue that I'm not sure how to handle. 

I've recently discovered I have a friend who is wearing white to my wedding. I'm not going to complain if someone wore like...a white top and a black skirt or a dress with a white background and a print all over it...I mean that's not a big deal (although I was at a wedding recently where someone had a white top and it definitely caught me off guard for a second, just because that's been such a social no-no.) This friend however, is wearing a white dress...assuming this picture isn't lying, it's made from some sort of satiny, sort of shiner fabric. 

I'm very traditional, so I'm a little bit upset by this, but what makes it worse is that I've had problems with this friend in the past, and we've recently "reconciled" I guess you could say. Probably about a year ago. But high school drama like it was, we fought quite a bit. We are mostly fine now. 

Another thing that really bothers me that she bought it SPECIFICALLY for my wedding. I'm really trying to think he best of her since we've both changed and grown up a bit since high school, but at the same time she's one to want the spotlight, and I can't help to think that this maybe an "I'm going to upstage the bride" moment.

I've been toying around with the idea of telling her (privately of course) that she not wear this dress to the wedding. Or any wedding for that matter since I don't think that's very appropriate, but at the same time I don't know if I should be telling her what to do. She's changed her profile picture to her wearing the dress so every time she posts something it's just kind of staring me in the face. Don't get my wrong though either, I don't want other people trying to think she's trying to "upstage the bride" Unless that's your goal...I can imagine it would be very embarrassing...

I'm not really sure what to do here, or what to say...any help?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards