Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Adore/Abhor - Poll-ish

I'm having a black and white kind of day. What do you adore and what do you abhor on this random Tuesday?

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko

Re: Adore/Abhor - Poll-ish

• Options
    Adore: seafood gumbo. That's what I'm having for lunch today, and I cannot wait.

Abhor: canned green beans. Fresh ones are fantastic, but the canned crap is just way too gross.

Clearly, I'm very hungry, because all I can come up with right now is food.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    I abhor Bank of America and it's customer service department.

I abhor the headache I have right now. (see above)

I adore the tator tots I'm stuffing into my mouth right now.
  • Options

Adore- New clothes
    Abhor-Being broke

• Options
    Adore- Icelandic style skyr yogurt that I found at Sprouts this weekend. Better than Greek yogurt, and I LOVE Greek Yogurt.

Abhor- the diet coke craving I am having. I haven't had one in months and i really want one now and it is totally distracting me from my work.. more than TK.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Adore: Puppies, kittens and rainbows

Abhor: Stupid people
  • Options
    JessAndTravJessAndTrav member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2010
    Abhor: Having to get a TB Skin test for work.

Adore: I know someone who is actively trying to foster or adopt a child from Haiti. There was a woman who went to get her child that she'd been waiting to adopt, and they let her bring back 4 other children. The person I know is trying to find out how she can bring children in need to her home. This is a family with plenty of money and plenty of room in their home, and adopted their children instead of having them.

Abhor: People in grad-school that say, "I'm on a ROLE instead of I'm on a ROLL."

Adore: Sleeping in.
  • Options
    I abhore smoke detectors with battery backups that die at 5 am and the dogs that assume said beeping is the oncoming of armageddon.

I adore my BMs who are coming over Thursday night to put together wedding shiit.  Especially since they asked to do so.

I abhore the idea of trying to list my house for sale in the midst of wedding-ness.

I adore that FI is taking me skiing for my birthday.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Kiki, cute sig picture!  I wish I could enlarge it.  Can you do a PIP?
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Adore: Biggest Loser's on tonight!

Abhor: How people are always talking about "sending vibes" and "needing vibes" around here.  I get this image of someone stretching out their arm into the distance, closing their eyes, and chanting, and then these vibrations go through the air or something.  Yeah, I'm weird, what about it?

• Options
    Lauren, I actually adore canned grean beans. It's one of those gross-ish foods that I like because it's nostalgic (i.e., cafeteria food from elementary school), like Chef Boyardee or Ramen noodles. It's weird because I agree, they are gross.

Jess, ITA re: role vs. roll.

Here are mine for today:

Adore:
    - My cat sleeping upside down in my lap
    - The big pot of New York deli-style cabbage soup I'm about to make

Abhor:
    - The job search
    - My wedding florist who still owes me money

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    Adore: The fact that FI and I are renting a house in LBI for a week in July and the lease should be coming today. We haven't taken a vacation since 2006.

Abhor: The fact that I got into an accident on Dec. 24 and I am still dealing with fixing all the damages and have officially put more money into the car than it's worth.

Adore: Dunkin Donuts ice coffee.
  • Options
    Oh Beatles, I definitely love me some nostalgia food. I eat Ramen pretty regularly, even though I can cook and have enough money to buy proper groceries. Also, I looooove Kraft Three Cheese Mac and Cheese.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Angie and squirrly - Those trips sounds wonderful and relaxing!

Capri - Hope your headache goes away/BOA gets its act together. So convoluted, that place.

Lauren - I think some of these food companies are marketing geniuses. They get us hooked as kids, being fed Beefaroni by our moms on cold snowy days, and then we're hooked for life into buying their nasty, bad-for-you foods. Mmm, Beefaroni.

• Options
    Abhor: feeling sluggish and gross today.

Adore: running into old friends at Starbucks!
  • Options
    Adore: Pollo Tropical, just had it for the first time today.  The restaurant was so clean!

Abhor: Being out of the US.  I miss Target :(  And gas that costs less than $4.14 a gallon.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Beatles, provided that I don't fall on my head too frequently, it should be!
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Adore: flirty babies (babies in the store today keep staring at me and smiling)
    Abhor: people who work in the salon next door that charge $95+ for a haircut have the nerve to say our cards are too expensive. We sell gorgeous cards made by hand.  They aren't going to be cheap.
    planning

• Options

It's thursday, and I abhor the fact my kitty is in the hospital and I don't know how he's doing, as well as the headache I woke up with this morning. Oh, and the tests I have to go for later today.

I adore: everything else. 

• Options
    Panda where are you?
  • Options
    Abhor:  most of the people I work with.

Adore:  knowing that we plan to move shortly after the wedding.

Abhor:  having to eat a Lean Cuisine for lunch because I didn't have anything else to bring.

Adore:  my fiance.  just because.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    Haha squirrly, it's fun to fall in the snow in skis. It's just not fun to try to get back up. I'm still jealous of your trip. :)

Janobean - I adore the term "flirty babies." Thank you for that.

Panda - Where do you live? I don't know what I'd do without Target.

Sun - Oh no, what's wrong with your kitty?

• Options
    adore: the dried mango I picked up from the store last night

abhor: the stress fracture I apparently picked up at my workout last night

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    Erm. . . I usually do pretty well.  If I crash, it'll be here:

Double black diamond with moguls as big as VWs.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Options
    Oops, didn't see people asked me.

I'm on Grand Bahama Island until the end of April.  We just got here after our HM, FI goes to med school here.  After this semester he gets to do his last semester in Miami, and they have Target.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    beatles, we're not sure. Came home yesterday to find him hyperventilating and panting with a really high fever. The vet thought heatstroke, but I'm wondering if he has been bitten by something. Yesterday afternoon our vet said they'd managed to get his fever down some- hopefully he's still doing well this morning. I hate that it's still early and I can't call to find out yet!
  • Options
    Whoa, double black diamond. Have a great time squirrly, you're way ballsier than I am. :)

Sun, I'm so sorry! I hope they pinpoint what's wrong with your kitty. Glad they got his fever down at least. Poor baby. Good luck today on your medical stuff as well.

• Options
    Adore: sleeping in today and not having any classes

Abhor: Reading 2 chapters from a research methods book for class tomorrow :(
    Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Adore - snuggly puppies
    Warm chocolate chip cookies. Or, basically any warm cookies.

Abhor - said puppies who ignore/forget the word "No" and pretend they don't know their names.
    Also, bloody noses and the accompanying icepick headache. :(
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Psy, what year are you in (presuming you're doing a psych degree)?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards