Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

WTF?? Are people REALLY that stupid?

Alright...

So I was hanging out on my "home forum"... and there was a thread started by a girl asking *why* some of us (myself included) never ever ever *ever* want children.  Everything was all fine and dandy until our resident idiot spoke up...  And since I have to behave over there and can't *really* express what I think about this... I thought I would bring it here and let you guys have a go at it, haha (I know, I'm going to Hell, I've already accepted this.)

She said:

I never wanted kids for as long as I can remember but now that Im married and have had a few scares that I might have been pregnant (which I wasnt) I have changed my mind. BUT... if I ever have a kid Im praying its a girl cause I honestly think if I have a boy I wont have a bond or relationship with him or that I might even not want anything to do with him.

Seriously my DH and I had a talk about this the other day and I told him I just feel as if I have a boy and not a girl I just have this deep down feeling in my gut that I wont "love" him the way a mother should, like Id love him cause hes my kid but Id force myself to not be close to him. I think the main reason is I see how A LOT (not saying all)  of guys are mamas boys and I was watching Tyra about it once and this guy left his girlfriend and his child to go back to live with his mother at the age of 26 and he didnt care that he was leaving his child and didnt care how the girl felt cause his mom was the only important one to him. Then another one he hung out with his mom more then his girlfriend and acted like she was more of a friend then his mom and even told his gf his mom came first before her even if they were married and had kids. And another one moved right by his mom and brought her on dates with him and whateveer girl he dates.

And my mom plays favorites with my brother he can do nothing wrong to her and everytime shes on the phone with him she always tells him she loves him, besides for at my wedding she hasnt told me she loved me since I was little, my DHs adopted mom is psychotically "obsessed" with my husband (she trys to put things in his head so he will want to go back to her and not have his own life, and sometimes it gets so bad he cant tell how bad shes manipulating him and its sad).

Now I know not every mother and son are as bad as that and Im not saying I wouldnt want a close relationship with my "son" its more so for how he would act once he was older cause its not fair to the girls he would date or possibly marry if he was stuck on mommy his whole life so I just feel that in order to make him not be like that is to not be as close with him as I would if it was a girl.

...How f***ing brilliant is that?

Re: WTF?? Are people REALLY that stupid?

• Options
    I could use some CN's here...cuz I'm not about to read all that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow...

So what happens if she had a boy, does she just give him away?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Someone on the bump is a nurse and told her patient that there was toothpaste on the side of the sink.

A few minutes later, in the middle of brushing, the patient complained that it tasted funny.

She used hand soap. 
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wtf-people-really-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a9b8684-6fa8-4ce3-9357-23405a146769Post:6af2729a-52c7-4b40-b40f-726562ff7ac5">Re: WTF?? Are people REALLY that stupid?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not so sure if she should have any kids at all.
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna have to agree with you on that...

What the hell is she gonna do when she has 5 boys and miscarrys a girl?

I mean... I know that people sometimes have a "preference" of which they'd like to have... but she takes that to a whole new level....
  • Options
    Wow....

Dh and I have always wanted a girl,  but I will love any child unconditionally. I can't believe she would think "I'll love him because I have to"

Dh is a momma's boy too, but he was also raised to put family first, and (as he's told me) I'm his family now and his immediate concern.
  • Options
    CN's

OP doesn't want to have a boy because he'll grow up to a momma's boy and screw any girl who loves him

Because obviously no man with a mom in his life grows up well balanced...
  • Options
    I mean, she saw it on Tyra and all. 
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Someone should tell her that there's a nice surgery to prevent anymore "scares"

Since she obviously shouldn't breed.

Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sooooooo.....she is afraid she will not love a baby boy because she fears he will grow up to love his mother too much????

That's so, uh, logical.  Because it would be so much better of he grew up to hate her and other women.

I second CS.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well, if she wouldn't raise a boy to be a mama's boy, he probably won't be.

What about daddy's girls, that expect their husbands/boyfriends to tend to their every wish and whim?
  • Options
    She should go on ahead and get her tubes tied now and save society the hassle.
  • Options
    Thanks, Katie!

In that case, I'm with CS--she she probably hold off on the reproduction process all together. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wtf-people-really-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a9b8684-6fa8-4ce3-9357-23405a146769Post:5b5235f1-5fc5-4cb4-a15b-35d2ecf4fc99">Re: WTF?? Are people REALLY that stupid?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, if she wouldn't raise a boy to be a mama's boy, he probably won't be. What about daddy's girls, that expect their husbands/boyfriends to tend to their every wish and whim?
    Posted by mocha beans[/QUOTE]

Haha, I wanted to ask that too... but the MODs would smell me stiring up trouble a mile away... so I didnt....
  • Options
    Sounds like a brilliant one, relying on Tyra for information
    Planning bio My DIY blog The Maine Bio

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Jaime has read 18 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wtf-people-really-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a9b8684-6fa8-4ce3-9357-23405a146769Post:dcb1fe26-ae21-4f50-bf05-099a96807f73">Re: WTF?? Are people REALLY that stupid?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like a brilliant one, relying on Tyra for information
    Posted by jaimebeth9[/QUOTE]
    Doesn't everyone?

Tyra is my hero!

I base my relationship around her ideals...
  • Options
    Yikes.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    Yes , some people are really that stupid.

A (former) friend and neighbor of mine was 100% sure she was having a boy.  She loved little boys to death!  She had a girl and unfortunately a colicy baby.  Her second child was also a girl. She refused to try for another child although her husband wanted at least 4 kids and she had agreed before they were married.

These two girls are all grown up now,, 6 marriages between the two of them and no relationship with their mother.

I simply cannot figure out why.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wtf-people-really-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a9b8684-6fa8-4ce3-9357-23405a146769Post:34b51b97-8e14-4e2e-8f06-577cb15bbdc2">Re: WTF?? Are people REALLY that stupid?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes , some people are really that stupid. A (former) friend and neighbor of mine was 100% sure she was having a boy.  She loved little boys to death!  She had a girl and unfortunately a colicy baby.  Her second child was also a girl. She refused to try for another child although her husband wanted at least 4 kids and she had agreed before they were married. These two girls are all grown up now,, 6 marriages between the two of them and no relationship with their mother. I simply cannot figure out why.
    Posted by ootmother2[/QUOTE]
    gooood, gooooood.....
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wtf-people-really-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a9b8684-6fa8-4ce3-9357-23405a146769Post:dcb1fe26-ae21-4f50-bf05-099a96807f73">Re: WTF?? Are people REALLY that stupid?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like a brilliant one, relying on Tyra for information
    Posted by jaimebeth9[/QUOTE]

That show makes me want to throw things at my tv.  Then I remember Food Network and life gets better.

Seriously, this chick shouldnt have children. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    My sister in law has this relationship with her son. It's the fucking weirdest thing I've ever seen. She is almost unhealthily obsessed with her son. My mom isn't allowed to watch him because SIL is afraid that her son might end up loving someone more than her (yes, she actually told my mom that). She's about to have a girl any day now and she's totally convinced she will never love another child as much as she loves her little boy. It's disgusting.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wtf-people-really-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a9b8684-6fa8-4ce3-9357-23405a146769Post:48b3a02b-6e84-4f12-b69b-3c025013f73f">Re: WTF?? Are people REALLY that stupid?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My sister in law has this relationship with her son. It's the fucking weirdest thing I've ever seen. She is almost unhealthily obsessed with her son. My mom isn't allowed to watch him because SIL is afraid that her son might end up loving someone more than her (yes, she actually told my mom that). She's about to have a girl any day now and she's totally convinced she will never love another child as much as she loves her little boy. It's disgusting.
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

Why do people who *clearly* shouldn't reproduce...do... and people like me who have very valid and legit feelings against *ever* having children, get judgemental lectures??

At least I *know* I'm too selfish to want to deal with children and will proceed to take the necesarry steps to keep from concieving...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wtf-people-really-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a9b8684-6fa8-4ce3-9357-23405a146769Post:48b3a02b-6e84-4f12-b69b-3c025013f73f">Re: WTF?? Are people REALLY that stupid?</a>:
    [QUOTE]She's about to have a girl any day now and she's totally convinced she will never love another child as much as she loves her little boy. It's disgusting.
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

Good grief.  Why did she get pregnant with a second one if she didn't think she could love it?  And, how old is the son?
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    WIth the odds at 50/50 i would say this girl needs not reproduce...you can't pick what you have so why risk hurting a child for your gamble..
    I have 2 boys myself, I can't believe someone with this narrow minded opinion would even consider having a kid! Get a dog, you can pick a female then...geeze!
  • Options
    He's around 2. I don't know that she realized she would feel this way. I don't know, she's not right.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    I think that this chick's MIL knows her son married a whackadoodle.  Anything she's saying to her son to try to get him to move home is, essentially, an attempt to keep her from ending up with absolutely messed up grandchildren.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    The post remids me of a favorite saying of mine
    " not the brightest crayon in the box"
  • Options
    Maybe she shouldn't be procreating?
  • Options
    Last time I checked, babies didn't come with a money back guarantees...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wtf-people-really-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a9b8684-6fa8-4ce3-9357-23405a146769Post:48b3a02b-6e84-4f12-b69b-3c025013f73f">Re: WTF?? Are people REALLY that stupid?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom isn't allowed to watch him because SIL is afraid that her son might end up loving someone more than her (yes, she actually told my mom that). She's about to have a girl any day now and she's totally convinced she will never love another child as much as she loves her little boy. It's disgusting.
    <p>Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p>A girl who is in my circle of friends has told us before that she's worried about having kids because she will be jealous if her husband loves their baby as much as he loves her. I went to a party recently with her where there was a gorgeous little baby. She exclaimed loudly, with the mother (a stranger who she'd never met) present that the baby looked like danny devito, that she thinks most babies are ugly and that she's not maternal at all. </p><p> </p><p>She also just told our friends that she and her H will be trying to get pregnant at the end of the year. Sounds like a great move.</p>
  • Options
    people like that should be sterilized.
    Kate ~ Mommy to Matthew 3/29/07 & Kylie 12/30/08 & Chase 3/31/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards