Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

This is how serious the Superbowl is in New Orleans

My boss just handed me a legal document to read over. It's an order for pushing back a trial. I'm going to quote it verbatim here:

"Considering the historic victory of the New Orleans Saints, the Court finds that the trial will not be able to proceed as originally scheduled.  The Court takes judicial notice that Saintsmania (I swear to God that word appears in the order) permeates the City of New Orleans.  Many prospective jurors for the Parish of Orleans, several attorneys involved in this litigation and Court personnel planon traveling to the promise land-the Superbowl in Miami, Florida. The Court recognizes that this pilgrimage enhances the chances of the Who Dat Nation to acquire the long sought after Holy Grail-the Vince Lombardi Trophy."  Then the continuation is granted, and it's signed by a real judge. I'm not making this up.
Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince

Re: This is how serious the Superbowl is in New Orleans

• Options
    Hahahahahaha, too bad they're going to lose to the COLTS!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ha! That's kind of awesome.

It reminds me of the year a few years ago when St. Patrick's day fell on a Friday during Lent, and all of the Catholic decision makers (sorry I fail at knowing who's in charge of that stuff, I don't think it went as far as the Pope though) said that you couldn't eat meat on Fridays, except for St. Patty's because corn beef and cabbage is a more important tradition. 

At least that's how H explained it, don't flame please :)
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Dani, Peyton Manning is one of my favorite football players ever. So is Drew Brees. So I'm pulling for the offense during the Superbowl :) I've loved the Colts for years and I'm so glad they're playing the Saints. I think it'll be one of the best football games I've ever seen.
  • Options
    wow, hahaha
  • Options
    When I lived in Louisiana, I tried to renew my license on my birthday, which fell on Mardi Gras that year. The DMV was closed, as was every other government office. Don't plan on getting anything done then, either!
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Yeah, pretty much everyone around here loves the Saints too so a few people I know have been struggling and will just be happy no matter who wins, which I think makes it more fun and exciting.  I mean, it's great to play your rivals, but it's also great to play a team that you love and that loves your QB.  It should be a good game!
  • Options
    I kinda don't even believe you :)

But that IS awesome!! I am such a bandwagoner and proud of it.
  • Options
    In Super Bowl news, some of you guys might find this funny (if dorky):
    http://www.artsjournal.com/man/2010/01/art_museum_director_super_bowl.html

The art museums of the two cities have set up a wager based on the outcome of the Super Bowl.

I'm just rooting for a good game. I don't have strong feelings about either team, and I thought last year was one of the most exciting games I've ever seen, so if it gets to that level, that would be cool.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    I love that Saintsmania, Who Dat Nation, and Holy Grail are all mentioned in this one legal document.
  • Options
    Missy, you definitely can't get ANYTHING done on or around Mardi Gras. It's insanity and people take it way seriously.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-serious-superbowl-new-orleans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2ac47ce6-88fa-453a-a775-0fa318598206Post:3519d711-e09d-4342-a145-acc49f3af892">Re: This is how serious the Superbowl is in New Orleans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha! That's kind of awesome. It reminds me of the year a few years ago when St. Patrick's day fell on a Friday during Lent, and all of the Catholic decision makers (sorry I fail at knowing who's in charge of that stuff, I don't think it went as far as the Pope though) said that you couldn't eat meat on Fridays, except for St. Patty's because corn beef and cabbage is a more important tradition.  At least that's how H explained it, don't flame please :)
    Posted by tlv204[/QUOTE]

Known thereafter as "The Great Saint Patrick's Day Fight of 2007" (not really, but it could have been). It goes by Bishop & Diocese: I was flying between Chicago & San Francisco that day, so if I'd wanted Corned Beef for breakfast (ugh) I could have had it then-- but not for dinner.

(Of course, sometimes you have days of equal "importance" coinciding...In 2005, Good Friday fell on the feast of the Annunciation (March 25th). In the middle ages, that was always taken as an omen of the end of the world... being a medieval historian, I was a little disappointed in the lack of a response.)

As for the Super Bowl legal response... wow. Just, wow. But, then, having been in Chicago in 2007, I can believe it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sarah - I live in Indianapolis and just saw that on the news last night.  It was funny!  I think it's awesome.
  • Options
    My dad and I (and I'm sure a million other people) always called the Saints the Aints when they were bad.  It still makes me giggle though.
  • Options
    I'd been there a month.  No one warned me..... I lived up the road in Natchitoches.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    My friend had that posted on her tumbler yesterday. Its great!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Yeah Coco, that's what killed me too: all the dramatic wording. Proves lawyers do have a sense of humor :) and Meaghan, I kind of thought it was a joke until my assured me that it definitely wasn't. The lawyer who wrote the document is one of my boss's friends. They swear up and down it's real.
  • Options
    (Checking calendar) In fact, *if* they win, the celebrations will just lead right into Mardi Gras with nary a rest for the weary partier...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It's true, Morfudd. Fat Tuesday is the sixteenth, a mere 9 days after the Superbowl. It's a good year to live in New Orleans. Or an hour away in Baton Rouge, like me.
  • Options
    I hate the Colts because they gave up perfection just to rest a few guys. I hope the football gods reign their fury down. I like Peyton, though, I just want them to lose. It would have been sweet justice if they lost to the Jets last Sunday.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    Lol Lauren! Too funny.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options

Wait, so that's not a proposed order but one that's already been entered???  Wow, I'm very impressed with that Judge - good for him for not being all high-and-mighty.

• Options
    I have to root for the Colts, because the Saints beat my beloved Vikings and I just can't bring myself to root for the guys who kept us out of the Superbowl.

Also, Peyton Manning is f*cking HILARRRRIOUS in every commercial and skit he's ever been in. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    Nuggs, that's also why I love Peyton so much too. He's a friggin Boy Scout and hilarious to boot. And humble, even though he's one of the most talented athletes in the history of the NFL. But then, Drew Brees is also beyond sweet. I love both of them and I honestly don't care who wins. I'm kind of a bandwaggon Saints fan as well. Believe me, I was the first to poke fun at them when they sucked most of my life.

And yes T1, the order has already been signed and the trial has been pushed back. It was signed by the judge yesterday.
  • Options
    We can't root for the Saints in our house because of my BF's hate for the Kardashian clan.  He can't get behind any team that has some sort of affiliation with that family.

Oh, but have you heard about her limo?  <-- click there for the armored limo goodness.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-serious-superbowl-new-orleans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2ac47ce6-88fa-453a-a775-0fa318598206Post:b57c335c-ef5d-4b86-a6c6-8f39783a5bcf">Re: This is how serious the Superbowl is in New Orleans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nuggs, that's also why I love Peyton so much too. He's a friggin Boy Scout and hilarious to boot. And humble, even though he's one of the most talented athletes in the history of the NFL. But then, Drew Brees is also beyond sweet. I love both of them and I honestly don't care who wins. I'm kind of a bandwaggon Saints fan as well. Believe me, I was the first to poke fun at them when they sucked most of my life. And yes T1, the order has already been signed and the trial has been pushed back. It was signed by the judge yesterday.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

Lauren- I would have a hard time believing you too, if my lawyer aunt hadn't drafted up something similar to get one of her trials pushed back to after the Superbowl. Anyone that isn't a Saints fan just doesn't get that

New Orleanians+ The Saints+ Superbowl= ABSOLUTE INSANITY.

I am pretty sure they are going to try and shut down the city the day after the Superbowl!

**Geaux SAINTS**
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-serious-superbowl-new-orleans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2ac47ce6-88fa-453a-a775-0fa318598206Post:b57c335c-ef5d-4b86-a6c6-8f39783a5bcf">Re: This is how serious the Superbowl is in New Orleans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nuggs, that's also why I love Peyton so much too. He's a friggin Boy Scout and hilarious to boot. And humble, even though he's one of the most talented athletes in the history of the NFL. But then, Drew Brees is also beyond sweet. I love both of them and I honestly don't care who wins. I'm kind of a bandwaggon Saints fan as well. Believe me, I was the first to poke fun at them when they sucked most of my life. And yes T1, the order has already been signed and the trial has been pushed back. It was signed by the judge yesterday.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

Lauren- I would have a hard time believing you too, if my lawyer aunt hadn't drafted up something similar to get one of her trials pushed back to after the Superbowl. Anyone that isn't a Saints fan just doesn't get that

New Orleanians+ The Saints+ Superbowl= ABSOLUTE INSANITY.

I am pretty sure they are going to try and shut down the city the day after the Superbowl!

**Geaux SAINTS**
    Photobucket
  • Options
    New Orleans will be craaaaaazy, whether they win or not. Actually, I can't imagine the insanity that will ensure if they do win.

And Smokey, Kim Kardashian is clearly a self centered nut job if she thinks ANYONE will be paying any sort of attention to her at the Superbowl. I mean yeah, she's Reggie Bush's girlfriend and all, but seriously, NO ONE CARES. Or maybe it's that she knows everyone hates and her and wants to kill her which is why she feels a need to have a tank drive her around Miami.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards