Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Outdoor wording for website?

Our ceremony and reception will be outdoors, primarily in the grass. Is there a nice way to let our guests know this on our wedding website?

Of course I do not want to tell the guest what to wear- just more of a heads up that we'll be outside/in the grass. Thanks!

Re: Outdoor wording for website?

• Options
    Maybe you can put up a picture of the reception space? That way they'll see it's outside but you're not referecing guest attire. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    I put up pictures of the venue to let people know. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I have a picture on the website, I guess that may be enough. It's at my parents house so maybe people will just assume it's in a tent? (Since my parents house can't hold everyone.)
  • Options
    You could always add a caption with the picture that says something like, "My parents have generously offered their beautiful yard for our reception!"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    I would just state point blank the wedding and reception will be held on the lawn of the home at the parents f the bride. That might make it click more than just a picture.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_outdoor-wording-for-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2aeba934-8fbe-475b-9873-873b65b4616ePost:87271a3e-5cda-4a9c-9a15-b852353e7783">Re:Outdoor wording for website?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would just state point blank the wedding and reception will be held on the lawn of the home at the parents f the bride. That might make it click more than just a picture.
    Posted by MoxieMickie[/QUOTE]
    This.  My ceremony is planned for outdoors with an indoor reception.  I have "The ceremony will be held on the lawn in the back of Reception site at 6 pm."
  • Options
    NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    You can put it on the invitation for location of the wedding, just as if it you needed to tell them what/where the church is. It is: The Garden (or Rear Garden) 2100 Someplace Street New York, New York
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards