Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Why did I agree to this?

Ugh... so from the beginning I was having doubts about a bridal shower. I just didn't want one. 

I'm studying abroad up until a few weeks before the wedding and knew there wouldn't be time to plan one. Well, anyway, at Christmas time my Aunt said she wanted to throw me one this summer. I thanked her but declined.

Then my other Aunt called me up and told me to have one - it means a lot to my grandma etc. So I agreed.

So this shower is in full force and it's happening next week (just before I leave). It's been nothing but an annoyance so far. 

My ggrandma was offended that I registered.

Then just now, my FSIL (who I'm not the biggest fan of) and my BM just wrote on my wall: Hey bud, can you tell your aunt I am coming to the shower. I don't know who I am supposed to respond too.

I want to tell FSIL that AUNT'S NAME, PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS ARE ON THE STUPID INVITE! PLUS - YOU ARE A WEEK PAST THE RSVP DEADLINE.

UGH! Thanks for letting me vent. I just want it to be over. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Why did I agree to this?

• Options
    And you have reaffirmed my desire not to have a shower.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My advice would be to drink lots of champagne.
  • Options
    It's not just people in your age range that do this, for DDs first shower we had all kinds of middle to older age adults not RSVP to the hostess.  I ended up calling everyone (this shower was pretty much our side of the family) and asking whether they were coming or not. I was pretty offended at how many of my SIL's and friends did not RSVP and they all know better.  I think people just don't take it seriously.
  • Options
    Drink champagne or wine or whatever they're serving and smile, smile, smile.

I have friends that don't know the concept of replying. I had to email two this morning. One can't come and she's a putz anyway, so I was a bit passive aggressive with her. I just said something along the lines of "I know some ladies had some problems with the phone number not working, so I wasn't sure."

Another just forgot, but that's how she rolls. We love her anyway.
    planning

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards