Wedding Etiquette Forum

RAGE. If only it weren't rude, I'd...

(you fill in the blank)

Me?  To tell people I am inviting out of obligation to begin with that it's not my responsibility to coordinate, host, and fund a family reunion.  I feel like this wedding isn't about me and FI anymore. 

You go.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: RAGE. If only it weren't rude, I'd...

• SB1512SB1512 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Tell my neighbor's what complete a-holes they are.  They had a dog that they were crating for 10-12 hours a day, never took it outside for exercise, etc.  We went over there a couple months ago to let them know the dog was going nuts all day long when they were gone and were concerned it might hurt itself banging around in it's crate and maybe it had separation anxiety.  They got rid of the dog about 3 weeks ago and then when FI and I brought home our rescue puppy on Saturday they had the nerve to walk up to us and say they can't believe we got a dog and that they got rid of their dog because we told them it made noise.  The said the first peep they hear out of our dog (condo complex so you can hear a lot between the shared walls) they are filing a complaint with the association.  Seriously? 
  • Tell my parents to stop calling me 5 times a day. I know  you're super excited to see me next weekend and  you want to go over the details (my dad is the officiant), but I thought one conversation was sufficient. I really do have tons of work to finish before next week!

Also, I'd tell FI's uncle he's a jerk and shouldn't even bother coming to the wedding if he's going to through a tantrum like a 2 year old. He was actually offended that we required an rsvp and he yelled at FI's mom when she delivered the invite. Then he refused to send it in. FMIL wasn't much help b/c she kept pestering him to send it in. I tried to tell her that he never had to fill out the actualy card, a verbal yes or no will do, but I don't think she ever told him that and so he's still butt-hurt that they had to fill out a "stupid" card and mail it in.

To make it worse, when he finally did send it in, he actually sent in his daughter's card (they were numbered so I knew which one it was). He was supposed to deliver separate invites to his two ADULT daughters, but obviously those invites never left his house! I'm so mad. The rsvp included Mr and Mrs, along with the two daughters, but we know the daughters have SO's and they were invited on THEIR invites. Now we're trying to track down the daughters on FB and see if they're bringing their SO's. Ugh. Jerk, jerk, jerk.
  • ...tell my CW/OM to go buy herself a vibrator, so she will get some and stop being such a Class A twatwaffle.  And stop coming into work crying about her finances, and how she never has any money, yet she can drive 8 hrs. to TN every other weekend, and buy large Starbucks coffees on a daily basis.  It is not my problem you moved so far away from your kid, and honey, the world and the workplace do not revolve around you and your custody issues.  Suck it up.
    Anniversary
  • My co-worker said she loved my STD, she loved my invitation, she RSVP yes that she is coming last week. Why did she come to my desk today asking "When is your wedding again?"

I wish I could say, are you serious? Maybe it's just me, but when I commit to something I mark my calendar....just a thought.

Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    tell my SIL I think she is a nasty, manipulative, petty b*tch and to grow up.

Background: We chose a wedding date 18 months in advance so she could give her employer notice for a day off (she works in a post office, so that's about right for a day before a federal holiday).  After all of that, she boycotted the wedding b/c her other two sisters replied YES and she's been in a decades-long fight with one of them.  Grrrr ....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards