Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Feeding vendors

For the vendors who will be at the wedding the whole time (band, video/photographer, etc), are they expecting a meal?  Between feeding vendors and tipping waitstaff, I've realized there a lot of unexpected expenses.

Re: Feeding vendors

• Options
    Yes, any vendors there more than a couple hours must be fed.

Band, photograper, DJ,etc.  Check their contracts as this is probably included
  • Options
    Yup,. you should definitely feed your vendors.  You might want to check with your caterer/hall to see if they will give you a price discount for vendors, and if there is a private space for the vendors to have their meal.   Our venue will give us a complimentary meal for up to two vendors. 
  • Options
    Yes, you need to feed them. We also offered a dinner choice to them since we had a plated meal. We fed our photographer & assistant and DJ and his assistant. Our videographer only did our ceremony.
  • Options
    Most vendors have it in their contract that you provide them and their assistant a meal.
    Just a heads up - my friend fed her photographer and other vendors in the hall outside of her reception room. Dinner was 2 hours and she was pissed off when the photographer didn't take any pictures during dinner.. Umm hello, he can't take pictures from another room :) 

I'm making sure my photographer and assistant are at a good table where they will be able to see the action.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Also adding you don't have to feed them what you feed your guests- my first wedding my guests had filet mignon, and vendors had a salad, sandwich and some crisps, and were perfectly happy! Ask your venue/caterer about vendor meals. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feeding-vendors-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f331115-c1e3-414d-b132-6d8c9d788faaPost:8d117955-9909-409c-bef6-04d8196a5ad1">Re: Feeding vendors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also adding you don't have to feed them what you feed your guests- my first wedding my guests had filet mignon, and vendors had a salad, sandwich and some crisps, and were perfectly happy! Ask your venue/caterer about vendor meals. :)
    Posted by Knittibell[/QUOTE]
    Yep our vendor meals are turkey sandwiches and other quick food that cost $12 instead of the regular meal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feeding-vendors-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f331115-c1e3-414d-b132-6d8c9d788faaPost:8d117955-9909-409c-bef6-04d8196a5ad1">Re: Feeding vendors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also adding you don't have to feed them what you feed your guests- my first wedding my guests had filet mignon, and vendors had a salad, sandwich and some <strong>crisps</strong>, and were perfectly happy! Ask your venue/caterer about vendor meals. :)
    Posted by Knittibell[/QUOTE]
    *giggles*

I would check the contracts, you might have already signed on to feed them, lol.
    This is a common unexpected cost. But you have to look at it this way, when you hire someone for a set amount of hours, they are legally entitled to breaks, right? And if there is no way for them to leave and get food or bring in food of their own, they need to be fed accordingly. I would double check those contracts and give them a call to work something out. Don't let the vendor tell you what they "usually" get. Ask the venue for that information.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards