Wedding Etiquette Forum

How may gifts do I give????

I have 5 couples hosting a shower for my fiance and I- there is one couple that has done most of the work. Do I get every couple a gift or just the main person?

Re: How may gifts do I give????

• edited February 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_how-may-gifts-do-i-give?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f4672ab-3331-44ff-b073-5c3b1e2269b2Post:05d1a03e-3568-48e8-a850-48430cbe86db">How may gifts do I give????</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have 5 couples hosting a shower for my fiance and I- there is one couple that has done most of the work. Do I get every couple a gift or just the main person?
    Posted by Becky&Bryan12[/QUOTE]

<div>Everyone.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_how-may-gifts-do-i-give?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f4672ab-3331-44ff-b073-5c3b1e2269b2Post:05d1a03e-3568-48e8-a850-48430cbe86db">How may gifts do I give????</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have 5 couples hosting a shower for my fiance and I- there is one couple that has done most of the work. Do I get every couple a gift or just the main person?
    Posted by Becky&Bryan12[/QUOTE]
    what I did was give something little to each person as a thank you but the total for all gifts was around $30-40.  Depends on how big the shower was and all that.
    BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Write everyone a heartfelt thank you note (I think one per couple would be fine).  If you can get them each a gift, too, that would be nice.  I would be inclined to get a bottle of wine for each couple or some gourmet popcorn and a few DVDs for a movie night--something like that, depending on what they like.  
  • One per couple. Even if one couple is more involved than the others, I'd give them the same gifts since they are all hosting. I'd also write thank you notes for everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards