Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Ricksang, enter please!

So, I need to pick your nutrition educated brain!

If I wanted to make a good-ish meal replacement type smoothie at home, any suggestions on what to put in it?  I've got vanilla whey powder and plenty of fruits.  FI has been doing the slimfast shakes once every day or two, but they make him stink like a mofo (tmi, probably), so I wanna come up with something else that he can take to work in a thermos.  Plus I'd just rather him not be on manufactured food.

Re: Ricksang, enter please!

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    SPINACH!!!

how did your interview go btw?
  • Options
    Pretty good, they're gonna set me up with a second interview beginning of next week to meet with the supervisor and see the house I'd be working at.  So, sounds pretty good.

Also, I supposed to be at work.  I have *food poisoning*.

Spinach I have tons of, but does it taste weird with fruits?
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Nope, you dont even taste it. Theyre called green monsters. I did one last week with blue berries, spinach, 1/2 banana, yogurt, milk, chocolate protein powder and some water and it was delish! You can put virtually anything in it - I want to try one with carrot and cinnamon.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Awesome about the interview, good luck on the next one!
  • Options
    Actually, it doesn't...you can't really taste it once it's blended up really well.

I know I'm not Ricksang, but I like Green Monsters:

11/2 c milk (I use unsweetened vanilla almond breeze)
    big handful of spinach
    banana
    ice

Blend it up...tasty.

I substitute the banana for other fruits...still delish (though I don't recommend LOOKING at the smoothie w/ raspberries...kinda looks like baby poo...)
  • Options
    Spinach, as nebb said also

Bananas
    Peanut butter
    cottage cheese
    grape nuts
    uncooked oatmeal
    flaxseed
    strawberries
    dark chocolate

NOT ALL TOGETHER THOUGH LOL!
    let me think some more .....
  • Options

canned pumpkin

pumpkin spice

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ricksang-enter-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3002f7b7-1087-4c39-9d89-2ccb5d11b5a4Post:2efd5c3d-b923-4884-ae09-faaecebaeb01">Ricksang, enter please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, I need to pick your nutrition educated brain! If I wanted to make a good-ish meal replacement type smoothie at home, any suggestions on what to put in it?  I've got vanilla whey powder and plenty of fruits.  FI has been doing the slimfast shakes once every day or two, but they make him stink like a mofo (tmi, probably), so I wanna come up with something else that he can take to work in a thermos.  Plus I'd just rather him not be on manufactured food.
    Posted by mocha beans[/QUOTE]

Yes making him smoothies would be much more filling and healthier than slim fast BUT IDK if they will help with the gas!
  • Options
    Ooohh, pumpkin sounds good, I never even thought of that.

Thanks my dear, I'll be experimenting this weekend!  Gonna have to try one of those Green Monsters.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I bet the pumpkin with shredded carrot, cinnamon and vanilla protein powder would taste incredible. OMG I want.
  • Options
    Ang! I thought of you today!  I read they are coming out with a True Blood drink!

http://www.trubeverage.com/
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ricksang-enter-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3002f7b7-1087-4c39-9d89-2ccb5d11b5a4Post:74cfceae-7f34-455d-8e55-f104df8a46a9">Re: Ricksang, enter please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bet the pumpkin with shredded carrot, cinnamon and vanilla protein powder would taste incredible. OMG I want.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Nebb I do
    Pumpkin
    cinnamon
    vanilla protein powder
    fat free vanilla yogurt
    skim milk
    honey

and now carrot! MMMMM

and YW Mocha my dear. Let me know how it works.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I am going to have to buy a can of pumpkin when I do groceries tomorrow. I NEED to have this!
  • Options
    OMG Shelley that looks good! I'd so try it! I have always wanted to try a blood orange too.
  • Options
    Nebb we can't get pumpkin in Jackson right now until Aug. The pumpkin crop froze and there is a shortage :(  Pumpkin is like my favorite too.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I tried blood oranges recently and I dont knwo if I got one that was a bit off but it wasnt that exciting - the flavour was a tad bland and I didnt raelly like it.
  • Options
    I see blood oranges and think of Dexter.

The beginning of that show always makes me want breakfast.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Nebb that info makes me kind of sad.

Shelley, yes! Dexter= blood oranges.

Nebb, are you missing Food Rev?
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Nope, its on at 9 here.... to my knowledge. Now i have to go double check.
  • Options
    Ohhh okay.
  • Options
    I want a smoothie but I have none of the above. *pouts*
  • Options

Roxy, if you buy fruit make sure to let the FI/FH know that is IS NOT pizza!

• Options
    He will get so upset that I'm throwing his "pizza" into the blender
  • Options
    LMAO Roxy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards