Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Wedding programs-are you doing them?

Hi everyone,Are you guys having wedding programs? I think they are  a good thing to have, but I am not sure if I really want to do them. Any thoughts?

Re: Wedding programs-are you doing them?

• Options
    Not doing them. Don't see the point and I'm too lazy lol :)
  • Options
    We did a really simple flat card program.  It just listed the order of the ceremony, the wedding party names, our parents names, and had a general thank you to our family and friends.  Pic in planning bio.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We did wedding programs. It was a simple, inexpensive DIY project (PIB) and our guests seemed to appreciate being able to follow along with the readings. I know a number of them kept them too!
  • Options
    I didn't want to but my mom insisted.  They turned out pretty good (PIB) but they're a pain.  I have to take out the memorial page on all of them and re-do it. 
  • Options
    We are doing a very simple wedding program that is the size of a sheet of paper folded in half. We are printing them out on nice cardstock and putting a ribbon them. The cardstock was $7 at Sam's and we're printing them in black & white. We haven't picked out ribbon yet but it will be really inexpensive . I have been to several weddings without them and it really felt like something was missing. I know everyone says that no one will notice, but some people do.
  • Options
    We're having a small wedding and a short ceremony, so I've decided to skip them. I really think it depends on the wedding, and like PP said they are nice in that they allow guests to follow along with the readings and such :)
  • Options
    Yes, we are doing them. I've never been to a wedding that didn't have them so I look for them. It's great to give the guests some to read [or fan themselves] before the ceremony starts. Some keep them for a memento and we were able to put things in there that didn't have a place any where else. Ours are 8 pages long.
  • Options
    Not doing it. I didn't really see the point, in that if I attended a wedding that had them I would just end up tossing it right after, or letting it sit in my car for months. I'm having a pretty small wedding though, and a pretty short and sweet ceremony.
  • Options
    We had an inter-faith wedding so my MIL printed up a program explaining what happens during the ceremony and what everything means for the people who weren't familiar with the type of ceremony we had.  My family found it helpful, since parts of the ceremony were in a foreign language.  But had that not been needed, we wouldn't have done programs.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards