Wedding Etiquette Forum

Inviting Issue

One of my friends recently broke up with his girlfriend, but they have gotten back together. During their time apart, she stopped talking to me and most of our mutual friends. Since their back together, do I have to invite her even though she's made it clear that she doesn't like me? I don't really want her there if she doesn't like me.

Re: Inviting Issue

• Yes, you still invite her. She's his girlfriend. You will have to speak with her for 5 minutes. AAAAAAAND your wedding is over a year away. They may be broken up by then. You would be sending out your invitations this time next year. If they're still together then, yes.
  • Assuming they're still together when you send out invites, yes, you need to invite the girlfriend.
  • Yes you invite your guest's S/O whether you like them or not. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yep, don't split up a couple.  It's rude.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    282image Invited to celebrate!
    208image Will be Dancing the night away!
    74image Won't be having any fun
    0image are giving me a major headache

• If she truly doesn't like you she/they likely won't attend.  She probably does like you but felt uncomfortable after the split hanging out with her at-the-time ex's friends.  
    Anniversary
  • 1. Why are you worrying about this over a year in advance?
    2. Why would your friend's GF keep talking to you after she was no longer his GF? It seems pretty normal to me that she would stop hanging out with his friends after a break-up.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_inviting-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:30fea6d7-b7d8-4798-a1d0-feba50620a20Post:eb22d236-b9f2-4273-b7b2-f68a4ea6e55f">Re: Inviting Issue</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. Why are you worrying about this over a year in advance? 2. Why would your friend's GF keep talking to you after she was no longer his GF? It seems pretty normal to me that she would stop hanging out with his friends after a break-up.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

took the words right out of my mouth
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards