Wedding Etiquette Forum

Where did all this morning's posts go?

This is beyond ridiculous.  I can't see any of the posts from this morning.  Can anyone else?

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Where did all this morning's posts go?

• Um, my WTF brackets post is now titled with my original post, but with the new messages.
    I

I think TK's new strategy is to drive everyone away with unusable boards.
  • It annoyingly goes back and forth on what I can and cannot see.
  • I can't see them either, this is just crazy!
  • edited March 2012
    Haha cfas, that's exactly what I was thinking! 
  • Ok. This is making frustrated. Is anyone over on TN? I hate TN. I don't even know which boards are active.
  • If people are over at TN, it's the first I've heard of it.

It's getting really frustrating.  I wonder if TK even HAS an IT department. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-did-all-this-mornings-posts-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:363d78d0-00a5-4c04-a6be-4714bf420b9ePost:d2c6e38d-f1f9-407f-9bfd-9b68283a355a">Re: Where did all this morning's posts go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If people are over at TN, it's the first I've heard of it. It's getting really frustrating.  I wonder if TK even HAS an IT department. 
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>And some more posts just appeared. I don't understand why this can't get fixed. There are a billion message boards on the internet that function without problems like this. Are they planning on getting rid of these or just don't care?</div><div>
    </div><div>

</div>
  • baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    Yeah Cfas, kind of goes without saying, but I have no intention of leaving.

• Ya, I don't get how they can't figure this out.  Like a glitch here and there is one thing, but months straight with glitches.  Soon they'll run off the newbs because they'll get frustrated their posts disappear and all that will be left are regs who stick it out because they don't want to move boards.  TK fail. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is stupid. Are they just ignoring us about the problems or do they just want the whole thing to collapse? It's a multimillion dollar company, ffs!! WHY CAN'T THEY GET IT TOGETHER?!
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-did-all-this-mornings-posts-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:363d78d0-00a5-4c04-a6be-4714bf420b9ePost:c7a6d834-5177-4db4-a62a-5f2a87104b30">Re: Where did all this morning's posts go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Habs, the update from KatWAG is completely gone but I agreed with everything you said, hoss.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

That really upset me.  I'm sad that the post got deleted, and that everyone's advice got deleted as well.  I hope she takes everything that was said into account.  That's a rough way to start a marriage.

• Thanks dude.  I was wondering if that would show up again. 
  • July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    The morning thread was up to 70 some posts at one point.  Now I'm seeing 60.  This is ridiculous.  

I'm sad for KatWAG in her update.  I feel like she just rolled over and let FMIL walk all over her.  I hope this is a one time occurance for the sake of their relationship though.  Manipulative people can be very damaging if you don't put an end to their insane behavior.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I didn't see the update. What happened? Kat is the one whose MIL invited people, right? My memory is completely failing me and I think this was yesterday.
    edited March 2012
    Erin -- her FI argued with his mother, saying "Kat thinks this...Kat wants this" instead of saying "We think this...we want this."  She ended up letting FMIL invite those people because they're also friends of her parents and she doesn't want her parents humiliated.  They're all coming to the shower, too, even though she doesn't want them there.

• Oh, that sucks.  Poor Kat.  Her FI sounds sucky, he probably gets it from his mother.  :P

• ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-did-all-this-mornings-posts-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:363d78d0-00a5-4c04-a6be-4714bf420b9ePost:59a6bbb6-125c-4a7d-b1b3-c76d9ee35e20">Re: Where did all this morning's posts go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Erin -- her FI argued with his mother, saying "Kat thinks this...Kat wants this" instead of saying "We think this...we want this."  She ended up letting FMIL invite those people because they're also friends of her parents and she doesn't want her parents humiliated.  They're all coming to the shower, too, even though she doesn't want them there.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Well that makes me sad. I hope they get some better communication going. I read the thread yesterday (or at least part of it) and didn't have anything to say because holy. cow.

</div>
  • July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-did-all-this-mornings-posts-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:363d78d0-00a5-4c04-a6be-4714bf420b9ePost:0a0e12ef-1069-467a-b62d-b05a9c0125af">Re: Where did all this morning's posts go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't see the update. What happened? Kat is the one whose MIL invited people, right? My memory is completely failing me and I think this was yesterday.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]
    Yes, she is the one from yesterday whose FMIL invited people behind her back.<div>
    </div><div>1. FI's discussion with FMIL basically blamed all the upset feelings of the situation on KatWAG.  FI didn't really understand why she was pissed that he threw her under the bus like that</div><div>2. They are going to invite all 5 couples because the couples also know her parents and she doesn't want to make her parents look bad</div><div>3. FMIL apologized, she said she "misunderstood" and thought it was a "more the merrier" situation (even though KatWAG and FI had told her she couldn't invite these people)</div><div>4. KatWAG gave in and is allowing the extra guests to be invited to her shower too, even though she had originally said no.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: Bay summarized concisely</div>
  • I feel like her MIL told her those people know her parents and they would look bad as another way to be manipulative and get her way.  Her parents wouldn't look bad if MIL made the phone call and said that she invited people and took the blame. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-did-all-this-mornings-posts-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:363d78d0-00a5-4c04-a6be-4714bf420b9ePost:78b12751-fe2d-4b52-8974-12d00827c59d">Re: Where did all this morning's posts go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like her MIL told her those people know her parents and they would look bad as another way to be manipulative and get her way.  Her parents wouldn't look bad if MIL made the phone call and said that she invited people and took the blame. 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

True, but she's never going to do that.

I don't believe for one second that FMIL thought "the more the merrier."  She's a manipulative sneak who is starting off their marriage by pitting them against each other.  That needs to be stopped now before it drives them apart.  I'm sorry, I have so much anger at this woman and I don't even know her.  Makes me glad my MIL would never dream of doing something like that.

• Agreed Habs.  I just know what it is like to deal with manipulative people.  My dad's mom was EXTREMELY manipulative and FI's mom tried to be because she's so close to FI, but WE nipped that in the butt a long time ago.
  • Ick. They should probably move far, far away from the MIL. ;p I can't quite wrap my head around someone who steals invitations and re-sends them. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-did-all-this-mornings-posts-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:363d78d0-00a5-4c04-a6be-4714bf420b9ePost:1ffdd461-5bcf-45c4-8b36-2c2fc83c01f1">Re: Where did all this morning's posts go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where did all this morning's posts go? : True, but she's never going to do that. I don't believe for one second that FMIL thought "the more the merrier."  She's a manipulative sneak who is starting off their marriage by pitting them against each other.  That needs to be stopped now before it drives them apart.  I'm sorry, I have so much anger at this woman and I don't even know her.<strong>  Makes me glad my MIL would never dream of doing something like that.
    </strong>Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

I found out after the wedding that my FIL told some people to "just come to the party."  Holy hell was I pissed. 
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • H's dad called one day and asked "how many people do I get to invite to the wedding" H replied "none.  We've included your family and your close friends we know.  That's all you're getting."  I am so glad I had an H that stood up for us and not for his family. 

Looks like she's in for a lifetime of having to "turn around and take it up the tailpipe" as Courtney on the bachelor so tastefully put it. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-did-all-this-mornings-posts-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:363d78d0-00a5-4c04-a6be-4714bf420b9ePost:6fb77055-af37-4971-b992-845127669621">Re: Where did all this morning's posts go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where did all this morning's posts go? : I found out after the wedding that my FIL told some people to "just come to the party."  Holy hell was I pissed. 
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

WTF?  Where do people get this idea that weddings are some sort of frat party where everyone is welcome, free beer for all?

• ... you don't go to weddings for keg stands and beer pong?

*side eye*
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-did-all-this-mornings-posts-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:363d78d0-00a5-4c04-a6be-4714bf420b9ePost:3688376f-f195-4d10-8dd9-6f35624addf6">Re: Where did all this morning's posts go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]... you don't go to weddings for keg stands and beer pong? *side eye*
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

Don't you judge me.

• If we had had kegs, I would not have been surprised if someone did a keg stand.  We had bottles though.  Crisis averted.

• Oh man.  A FB friend just created an event for the baby shower that she's throwing herself for their second baby.  Full of win, right there.

• I feel your pain, Eagles.  I haven't lost jack shiit from giving up wine during the week.  I can't wait for the day that I don't have to sit at a desk for 8 hours every day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards