Wedding Etiquette Forum

Iphone people, Come here!

So I think my phone is a paperweight now. 

I made a phone call and then when I put it down it started vibrating and wouldn't stop! The screen was black and none of the buttons worked. It vibrated for about 3 minutes and then stopped. But it didn't come back on. I went home and it's been plugged in for about thirty minutes now but no screen...no nothing. 

Has any one else have this happen before? 

I checked some Mac forum articles..some people say their phone comes back and others ay they didn't..but it just seems to be luck whether it will or won't. :(

Re: Iphone people, Come here!

• Have you tried to do a hard reset? Press the power button and the home button for 10-15 seconds. You might also try a factory reset, which you can do from iTunes. It sucks because you may lose your contacts though....Good luck!
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_iphone-people-come-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3842dadd-16db-495f-b0ce-ba14e63a6413Post:a0c513b6-6db0-41ca-a06e-a793bcb72e92">Re: Iphone people, Come here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you tried to do a hard reset? Press the power button and the home button for 10-15 seconds. You might also try a factory reset, which you can do from iTunes. It sucks because you may lose your contacts though....Good luck!
    Posted by Jill9288[/QUOTE]
    I tried to do a hard reset when it was vibrating but it didn't do anything except keep vibrating.<div>
    </div><div>But...lo and behold..I just tried again and it came on!</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: it's alive! That was weird.</div>
  • *coming out of lurkdom* My 3G did that. I also dropped said 3G in the toilet twice and a hard reset worked each time. Make sure you go and do a backup in iTunes just in case your device decides to give up the ghost.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • I am not tech savy. You don't happen to have an Apple store nearby? They are extremely helpful there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards