Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Thank You Notes

Hi!
I am getting married in a little over a month and gifts are starting to arrive at my house.  I have heard too many opposite opinions about writing thank you notes as gifts come in, so I thought I would throw it out to you guys.  Do we write the thank you note right away--so the guest knows that the gift arrived--but just not use the gift until after the wedding?  Or, do I wait to write the thank you until after the wedding and not open the gift at all until after the wedding? 
Thanks so much!

Re: Thank You Notes

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thank-notes-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:38a069e6-637b-4d1f-9666-dd552d9a8db5Post:26cea5a2-e82b-4dd8-91f0-d5198b9737ce">Thank You Notes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I am getting married in a little over a month and gifts are starting to arrive at my house.  I have heard too many opposite opinions about writing thank you notes as gifts come in, so I thought I would throw it out to you guys. <strong> Do we write the thank you note right away--so the guest knows that the gift arrived--but just not use the gift until after the wedding?</strong>  Or, do I wait to write the thank you until after the wedding and not open the gift at all until after the wedding?  Thanks so much!
    Posted by allibrooke[/QUOTE]

This 100%.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thanks to both of you. That was my thought, but I wanted to double check.  I'll get writing!
  • Options
    It's good to let the gift giver know it arrived in good condition.  Plus, the less you have to do later, the better!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards