Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Is anyone here?

Edited from original: Where is everyone?  Is the snow keeping everyone away? 

Original post:
I had a dream last night that I was somewhere with my best friend and ran into a few of you.  We were all talking and I was embarrassed because I couldn't introduce you to my friend because all I knew were your Knot names.  I think it was Mag and someone else with dark hair that now I can't remember.  It was kind of funny.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is anyone here?

• Options
    I think if I ever dream about the knot I'll have to leave. 

Dani - How's the weather where you are?  I know we typically get what you've gotten right after you and they're calling for a pretty craptastic storm starting in about an hour.  Most schools have already decided they'll dismiss classes early. 
  • Options
    It's snowing and the roads are pretty crappy but I think we've only gotten about 2 inches of snow.  I think it's supposed to continue all morning though, until around noon.  They're saying we'll get 4-5 inches total.
  • Options
    I'm here trying to decide on a nap or something else.  Hm.

I was out earlier trying to walk around but it's so.cold. I just can't.  9 degrees is not walking weather.
  • Options
    I'm here... working.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm here and very glad it's Thursday.
  • Options
    Amoro - I think it was you in my dream!  :D

I'm glad it's Thursday but sure wish it was Friday.  This week has been so slow for me. 
  • Options
    Ha!  That would be tough to say, "Friend, this is Amoro." haha...

I'm currently working my way through a box of Ritz Minis out of boredom.  I think this is bad.
  • Options
    I'm listening to a hilarious interview that was on the radio this morning.  This chick is a total moron:

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1347121.shtml?cat=572
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm here. This week has kicked my asss in every way possible. I am so glad that it's almost Friday.
  • Options
    I'm here, just got back from errands.  They forcasted snow for us, but who knows, although it is a "snow sky".

Not to be too cranky, but I'm bored and feel like garbage.  I think my blood sugar is off, which would explain the OJ cravings.

I would rather have knottie dreams than the "I'm pregnant dreams".  I would certainly sleep better :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_pe-dream?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a2e1cbd-f24f-470a-8283-baa6675fbec0Post:34ed0110-56b8-41a3-823a-7a3b137b95c2">Re: Is anyone here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm listening to a hilarious interview that was on the radio this morning.  This chick is a total moron: <a href="http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1347121.shtml?cat=572" rel="nofollow">http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1347121.shtml?cat=572</a>
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Good lord, that lady sounds like an idiot, or she has a drinking problem. 
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think it's combination of both.

Edit: in the interview she tells the radio hosts that it's 90% the car's fault for the accident, and only 10% her drunken ass' fault.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    I'm here, working. 

Example of my ridiculousness:  I always get unreasonably excited that Thursday is the last day I have to dress up since we have casual Fridays, but then I get in here on Friday and I'm like, "Damn, it's the same shiit I deal with every other day, I'm just in jeans".  Gets me every time.

On a bright note, my work BFF's boyfriend works at QVC and gets 40% off and the Dooney & Burke tote bag I ordered from him came today so my friend can bring it in for me tomorrow :)
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    I'm here. So exhausted I can barely keep my eyes open- no idea how I'm going to make it through the day. My sister kept me on the phone until after midnight and then DH woke me up when he came to bed. 
  • Options
    I'm here. It's fucking freezing outside.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Good morning!

I'm in a good mood, even though it's been a long-ass week. I think the first week in January is always the longest of the year.

Manda, I was talking to my sister last night too. Her ex has her over a barrel with pushing the boundaries of the custody agreement, but legal action is difficult, expensive, and time-consuming. Moral: don't ever procreate with someone that lacks a conscience.

I had a bad headache and was feeling nauseous when she called, so I feel kind of bad that I couldn't be more understanding/give her better advice. But the fact of the matter is, if you call someone and launch into a tirade without even asking them how they are doing, you get what you get Undecided
  • Options
    I'm here. Abbreviated class schedule since we get out at 1 today. I'm pretending to work, kids are pretending to learn, and it's all good. I love my class; some days I think I could be out of the room for 45 of the 55 minutes, and they would sit quietly, reading or working on homework.

Come on, snow. Predictions are for sleet and freezing rain this afternoon, followed by snow this evening. With forecasted temps in the upper teens tonight, everything will be a sheet of ice if we get that freezing rain. With just snow, at least it is a bit more fun to play in. Either way, it looks like we won't be having school tomorrow. Woot! Homemade doughnuts for breakfast.
  • Options
    Hi!  I'm so over being at work today.  And this lady near me keeps humming.  I just want to go home and keep unpacking so the place actually feels like home and not a mine field of boxes and bubble wrap!
  • Options
    Where is there snow? I'm here. :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Morning..

I only have a sunset today.  In the mean time I'm just hanging out cleaning and doing laundry.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    WE HAVE FREAKING SNOW.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I'm here. Exhausted, sick, and trying to convince myself I need to be working when my body is trying to tell me to sleep it all off.

That plus 2454362 wedding related phone calls to make today have me super excited.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_pe-dream?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a2e1cbd-f24f-470a-8283-baa6675fbec0Post:c2d86265-16d0-4225-ac31-61e5851f7356">Re: Is anyone here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where is there snow? I'm here. :)
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

Indiana for sure, I thought it was everywhere.

Kate - I think I'm the woman next to you.  I'm practicing a song for a show in March and I can't get it out of my head and I keep humming this morning!  I'm trying really hard to control it.  :)
  • Options
    Well Dani that's just great.  It'll hit us the worst just about rush hour.  AWESOME. 

Good Morning everyone. 

Does anyone know anything about Neuro Tube Defects?  I've read a little on the internet, but I'm not trying internet diagnose or anything.  BIL's gf just found out it's a possiblity with her baby and she has to go in for more tests.  She's 21 weeks pregnant. 
  • Options
    I'm here.  Working from home b/c of the snow.  Yea! 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    we have lots of snow, I am sitting in bed with Nick.  He's doing work, though.  I am still being lazy.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Is anyone here?:
    [QUOTE. Moral: don't ever procreate with someone that lacks a conscience
    Posted by ac_in_dc[/QUOTE]

I think my sister has also learned that lesson, albeit the hard way. The latest saga is that her (soon to be) ex-husband has let the health insurance on the kids lapse and hasn't sent a dime for child support because he has no money. But his lawyer/my sister couldn't reach him last week because he was on a cruise. Every time I think he's hit the bottom of the scumbag barrel, he comes up with something new. 
  • Options
    I'm here! Working on my goals for 2010. "Knotting all day" didn't make the cut, sadly.

manda, how is your sister and her new beau?
  • Options
    I'm here, pretending to work, but actually looking at shore excursions for the cruise we're booking today for our anniversary. I'm going to get my new passport picture made at lunch, then I'll be mailing that bad boy back in to get my name changed.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_pe-dream?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a2e1cbd-f24f-470a-8283-baa6675fbec0Post:2d06c37a-8c82-4c92-9948-9a27f0151acb">Re: Is anyone here?</a>:
    [QUOTE] manda, how is your sister and her new beau?
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

<div>They're GREAT! We're planning a double-date trip to Vegas, I can't wait!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards