Wedding Etiquette Forum

If you eat food, please come here.

This is a P&R because I'm about to leave, but does anyone havea suggestion for some snacks that are not loud or smelly and are fairly healthy?  I need something to snack on at school but I don't want to completely offend the people sitting next to me.  Google and Pinterest are letting me down.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
"Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar

Re: If you eat food, please come here.

• Carrot chips and hummus.  The chips are less crunchy/loud than baby ones and still delicious.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • NOT BANANAS. I hated when people at bananas in class.

But otherwise I'd go with nuts, berries, and/or dark chocolate. 
  • Bananas are gross, so my neighbors are safe from that smell, Anna.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Seconding the KIND bars and chewy granola bars recommendation.

Also string cheese - the mozzarella kind don't have any particular smell.  I also like avocados, but they're a little messy for an in-class snack.  Oooh, and oatmeal, if you have access to hot water.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • I vote nuts! They help keep me full. If you're going to be in a cafeteria, I sometimes bring carrots with a little dip in a small container to snack on.
  • Good. I swear I could smell a banana across a crowded lecture hall. I actually got nauseated a few times by the banana eating. 
  • cottage cheese and peaches in little cups.

I'm currently eating a new flavor of Luna bar - Peanut, Honey Pretzel - it's pretty awesome.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Anna and Adamar, I was going to suggest PB&Banannas since I just ate that, but now I won't.

Baggies of nuts of any sort?  I also like a baggie of honey nut cheerios - I get my sweet fix and they're pretty filling.
    Photobucket
  • I like sliced up pepper sticks and hummus.  Cut up peppers are a little less noisy than carrots.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • I saw this on pinterest recently.  Don't know if it is something you would be interested in:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_eat-food-please-come-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a453ec0-0ccb-48e4-aee5-22b41e438696Post:0dd579fc-3e96-48d5-8c78-88b133004cd5">Re: If you eat food, please come here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yogurt.   Just the regular kind though, FI tells me that Greek yogurt smells bad to him so people might be grossed out by it.   Special K makes protein/meal replacement bars that are not crunchy and pretty good.  
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

I don't think Greek yogurt smells that bad - maybe a certain brand? I like Chobani and Fage.

Low-fat mozzarella string cheese is awesome and so are raw almonds.
    Anniversary
  • I love special k chips. Those aren't loud if you put the whole chip in your mouth (which is doable)
  • edited January 2012
    I like the strawberry Special K bars. I also like cucumbers and ranch dip, string cheese, almonds, grapes or sliced strawberries.

Thank you for considering the smell. A girl in my stats class used to bring a chili dog to class, and the guy who sits next to me in my night class routinely shows up with Taco Bell.
  • I was going to suggest bananas... oh well. 

Cherry tomatos?  Those are good and aren't crunchy like most veggies. 

Fiber One makes some 100 calorie brownies/bars that are pretty tasty. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I eat fruit cups.  I get the kind that have grape juice in them instead of syrup.  yum.
  • Clementines are great right now - if a little bit of a citrus smell isn't a big deal. It's not like you're eating a Taco Bell in class, FFS. Who does that?
    Anniversary
  • I totes don't eat food, but can I still play??

I'll ditto string cheese, nuts, grapes, etc. All fairly quiet and don't smell.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_eat-food-please-come-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a453ec0-0ccb-48e4-aee5-22b41e438696Post:6ea28c12-c3f2-4ff1-91fa-51ad2d286605">Re: If you eat food, please come here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the strawberry Special K bars. I also like cucumbers and ranch dip, string cheese, almonds, grapes or sliced strawberries. Thank you for considering the smell. A girl in my stats class used to bring a chili dog to class, and the guy who sits next to me in my night class routinely shows up with Taco Bell.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

I can smell the skyline now . . . my mouth is watering.  Sigh.

I second nuts.  I like the little packages of almonds.
  • Berries!  Strawberries, blueberries, etc.  Those shouldn't be too offensive or noisy. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I know you can get them at Target, and maybe other places too, but you can get really yummy fruit strips there- kind of like grown up fruit roll-ups.
  • Clementines, snack bars that aren't crispy granola (special K chocolatey pretzel, nom), peanut butter and a spoon? 

You can also get those squeeze bottle things of apple sauce? I never gave a damn if people heard me chew. They can suck it.
  • Adamar, you'll probably be flooded with strawberries soon which means they'll probably be cheap. I'm very jealous. 
  • I was going to say beef jerky, but that can sometimes smell too much for people.
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I second the special K bars. I like strawberry and vanilla. 

I was also going to suggest some kind of fruit.

ETA: Not sure about the "healthful-ness" but peanut butter and crackers? 
    Oh..Maybe too loud?
  • Oooh Peanut Butter and Apples is a great snack. If the apples are sliced before hand they're not that noisy.
  • Nothing new here, but my favorites are string cheese, apples with peanut butter, and baby carrots with some sort of soft cheese (like Laughing Cow, which comes in individually wrapped wedges).  I also love Kashi granola bars, particularly the dark chocolate/coconut and peanutty chocolate ones, which actually have a decent amount of protein.
  • I love dipping half strawberries in greek yogart and freezing them, takes away any smell too. Yummy!
  • Admar try these, they are amazing , Power Crunch bars

• Homemade trail mix. You can choose the kind of dried fruit, or nuts and seeds that you like, and use ones that aren't cooked in oil to make it healthier.
  • I second grapes!  Another thought on yogurt, if you get the "go-gurt" for kids, and freeze them, they stay cold all day.  You can eat them frozen like a pop or wait until they thaw.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards