Wedding Etiquette Forum

F it, we need a love fest

1235»

Re: F it, we need a love fest

• twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_f-need-love-fest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a65a72f-ed64-4af6-a443-dc894937418dPost:a3838a33-d50c-4110-bc34-8b84c7bf7fc4">Re: F it, we need a love fest</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: F it, we need a love fest : I am going to try and plead dumb and say that maybe I just remember Smokey talking about USC (obviously in a negative way), and that is why I thought that.  I truly apologize.  <strong>It's like someone saying that I went to Indiana . . .  (or Ohio State)</strong>
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

Lol...this made me laugh. I went to IU my freshman year, and then transferred to OSU for the remainder of my undergrad.

I'm probably your worst nightmare in the realm of college sports.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Emily I admire your wedding planning story and how crazy shiiit got for you.  You seem like a very strong woman.

Celles - I heart you too.

Fische - I get to SEE you soon.  Could you bring your wifey Mandy?  Thanks!

BP - love you too girlie.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_f-need-love-fest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a65a72f-ed64-4af6-a443-dc894937418dPost:c1d18197-94b8-4603-b3d6-0f298682bf21">Re: F it, we need a love fest</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: F it, we need a love fest : Lol...this made me laugh. I went to IU my freshman year, and then transferred to OSU for the remainder of my undergrad.
    Posted by twilight.rose[/QUOTE]
    Damn, I'm an Iowa girl.  They're usually forgotten about in the Big 10.  
    Photobucket
  • twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2010
    I have a couple of good friends from HS who ended up at Iowa, so I never forget about the Hawkeyes! I would probably be murdered if I did.
  • Yeah, their athletic depts have had some problems the past few years, well mostly basketball.  I still love me some Hawkeyes though
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_f-need-love-fest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a65a72f-ed64-4af6-a443-dc894937418dPost:5f0326f9-f772-4430-a25a-f6f6bf96d3a0">Re: F it, we need a love fest</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, their athletic depts have had some problems the past few years, well mostly basketball.  I still love me some Hawkeyes though
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

True...but it's still better than the decline of Indiana basketball, which is just embarrassing.
  • I'm loving everyone today especially since I am rarely here and havn't been flamed in a long time. LOL!!
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_f-need-love-fest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a65a72f-ed64-4af6-a443-dc894937418dPost:09716c36-d32f-4f4e-831e-73834d02abd1">Re: F it, we need a love fest</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: F it, we need a love fest : True...but it's still better than the decline of Indiana basketball, which is just embarrassing.
    Posted by twilight.rose[/QUOTE]
    True story.
    Photobucket
  • (I know I said I'm crazy busy, but I needed 5 minutes of internet goofing off)

Fishy, I remember that! Well, assuming you mean Emily and not Emilie...did Mandy's French-Canadian-ness rub off on you? ;) I thought long and hard about that post, trying to disagree with you without just going "yeah? well you're wrong!" That's actually something I love about posting here with all of you, I feel like it's good practice in expressing myself well, saying what I mean to say, disagreeing with people in a logical way and standing by my opinions because god knows you'll all call me on it if I don't do those things.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_f-need-love-fest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a65a72f-ed64-4af6-a443-dc894937418dPost:a3838a33-d50c-4110-bc34-8b84c7bf7fc4">Re: F it, we need a love fest</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: F it, we need a love fest : I am going to try and plead dumb and say that maybe I just remember Smokey talking about USC (obviously in a negative way), and that is why I thought that.  I truly apologize.  It's like someone saying that I went to Indiana . . .  (or Ohio State)

Haha, it's okay. My FI went to USC, so *I'm* not offended, but I knew Smokey was a Bruin, so...

FI's extended family is from Iowa, so they like the Hawkeyes, and he grew up in Boston, so he follows all the pro Boston teams. It's pretty confusing.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • thank you guys, for loving me and my balls. :tear:
    I love all of ya, even if I get into fights with you. it's how I flirt, yo.
  • I have no beef with Iowa!  Heck if Ricky Stanzi pulls it out over Pryor, hooray!

Although let's keep the close calls down to a minimum this year!

Twilight - I can't complain about IU really.  My grandfather and grandmother went and met there.  So I owe my life to Bloomington, Indiana.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_f-need-love-fest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a65a72f-ed64-4af6-a443-dc894937418dPost:79d1b9eb-9330-4e59-a187-78a3fb24ffdc">Re: F it, we need a love fest</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have no beef with Iowa!  Heck if Ricky Stanzi pulls it out over Pryor, hooray! Although let's keep the close calls down to a minimum this year!<strong> Twilight - I can't complain about IU really.  My grandfather and grandmother went and met there.  So I owe my life to Bloomington, Indiana.</strong>

Aww...that's lovely. I like Bloomington overall....I enjoyed my time there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards