Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Belated Reception

My fiancé and I are getting married out of the county in a small wedding. We will be having a reception a few months after the wedding in our home town. When sending out save the dates what date should I use? The date of the wedding knowing most people wont be able to make it or the date of the reception where we hope everyone can make it?

Re: Belated Reception

• Options
    Who is anyone to say how a couple's wedding should be??  It's THEIR wedding.  If it takes two days, who cares.  As for Cutie79 situation, is she supposed to have EVERYONE at the courthouse just so it can be suitable to invite everyone to her reception?  I have seem many weddings were the couple wanted a more personal church ceremony but invited more people to the reception afterwards.  And besides, more than half of the people invited dont even go to the ceremony!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_belated-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3c709c48-d8a9-469c-80f2-ed53ed1b79dfPost:dfc24f9b-5b54-4d92-b1f3-9bdff79c0f8e">Re: Belated Reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belated Reception : Sending emails with "text speak" is becoming more common, too. Doesn't make it ok, right, appropriate, or acceptable. If you know that you are going to be married to this person anyway, either do it sooner and have the wedding that you can afford and that's that, or wait to do it and have the wedding that you want. A wedding is a legal joining of two individuals, that's it. Doing in a court room or a church or a beach or a country club doesn't matter. It's annoying to think that a 'wedding' is refering to the "big show" that is a ceremony + reception. You dont' get two days. You get one. Enjoy it or complain later but on your own terms, not those of the guests you know want to get attention and presents out of.
    Posted by lornarose07[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    jenni43, i agree with hccpsu on this topic:
    {We had a DW with only our parents in attendance, and had a reception a month later. Yes, a reception--it wasn't a party. Our STDs said "Bride and groom are getting married on <date />, please join us in celebration on <date>, invitation to follow."}
    I am sort of in the same boat as you.  We are planning a desDW with just our parents, and when we come back we will have a reception.  Yes, a RECEPTION people!  With dancing, cake, food, and drinks.  I dont see anything wrong with it.  If anyone does, that is their own problem.  It is still YOUR day.  =)  Enjoy, and congrats!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_belated-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3c709c48-d8a9-469c-80f2-ed53ed1b79dfPost:5949f378-72c9-45ef-8586-1a4b9c8adade">Belated Reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiancé and I are getting married out of the county in a small wedding. We will be having a reception a few months after the wedding in our home town. When sending out save the dates what date should I use? The date of the wedding knowing most people wont be able to make it or the date of the reception where we hope everyone can make it?
    Posted by jenni43[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards