Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Could It Be Fate? Or Is That Even Possible?

I've mentioned on here a few times that we're house-hunting and that it's very frustrating...  We've "lost" three houses that we wanted (or thought we wanted) in the last 18 months.  Yes, we've been searching for that long.

Anyway, there's a house that's been for sale this whole time and at first we weren't interested.  But now we're looking at it with new eyes...  

Could it be fate?  Here's why I think it could be:

- The name of the street is the name of the city where I went to grad school.
- It has some tile in it that we really like and that's not often used here.
- It's practically an amalgam of the three houses we didn't get.
- It's been on the market for at least as long as we've been looking, so the owner must be as frustrated as we are...

Or am I grasping at straws???

Re: Could It Be Fate? Or Is That Even Possible?

• Options
    I don't think so. I notice random details like that and chalk them up to the fact that somebody somewhere is looking out for me. When FI and I moved into our house, I called my mom and told her it was fate because the street number was the same street number as my parents' house that I grew up in.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Thanks, Lauren...  I'm just really ready for us to find "the one" so we can get past this stage in our life.  You're giving me hope!
  • Options
    I totally believe in weird signs like that, and think you should look into the house further. DO IT!! :)
  • Options
    I totally believe in fate and signs and stuff, but I'm thinking I'd be really skeptical about a house that's been on the market for 18 months.  Is the market just really weird there?
  • Options
    Eh. . . I think it's more that you've noticed the details and put significance to them.  That's not bad - it just tells me you really like this house now, and you're trying to justify why it's perfect.  If your H is into it, go for it.  Fate or not.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Don't be freaked that it's been on the market for a while. LOTS of houses these days are sitting--that's because there's a ton of good deals out there. And the longer it sits on the market, the more likely the owner is to negotiate. Just make sure you get thorough inspections and don't get too emotionally attached in case something big and scary is revealed. Good luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_could-fate-even-possible?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3e44c47c-4497-4182-9bcb-52a39a3ee4bbPost:22957067-ac21-4efe-9102-b2c661aa8e26">Re: Could It Be Fate? Or Is That Even Possible?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I totally believe in fate and signs and stuff, but I'm thinking I'd be really skeptical about a house that's been on the market for 18 months.  Is the market just really weird there?
    Posted by MyNameIsNot[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yes, the market's just really weird here :(  Houses are overly-personalized and generally take at least 6 months to sell.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Plus, this house appeals to us, but not to most buyers...  You have to go down a flight of stairs to get to the main living area - it's built on a sloping lot - and it's a modern/contemporary design.</div><div>
    </div><div>The walk down is what originally turned us off, but it's amazing what a year and a half of searching will do!

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards