Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I hope coffee cuts it this morning......

Because I'm tired!

Good morning

So J stuck a popcorn kernel in her ear last night.  That was a trip to the ER and didn't get to bed until about 11.  I'm sleepy.

Re: I hope coffee cuts it this morning......

• Options
    Good morning!  You poor thing.  I hope the coffee works too.
  • Options
    How was your birthday Mica?  
  • Options
    It was great.  We had dinner with my ILs at a restaurant I've been wanting to try for a while, then H and I went bowling, and the owner of the alley was so sweet and bought us a round of drinks. 

And I got all these lovely birthday wishes from so many of my knottie friends.  :)

But now it's over, and I feel old.  :\
  • Options
    Ha, yes the birthday hangover.  I'm sure you're just like 2 or 3 years older than me though so no worries.  We're in this thing together.  The 30+ have to stick together!  

What kind of food was the restaurant?  
  • Options
    My brother did the same thing when he was about J's age. The doc couldn't figure out what it was for the longest time. When asked why he did it, he said "I didn't! It just grew legs and walked up there all by itself!"

Anyway. Last night we FINALLY put in a new deadbolt, so now we have 2 bolts and the handle lock, plus a peephole to protect us from the alien shadow. But what should have been a 5-minute job turned into 3 hours because the pieces in the kit we bought were wrong (threads/saw sizes didn't match the provided drill bits) and screwed up the door so H had to cut and sand everything out by hand. It sucked, but hey, we got the lock in.
  • Options
    Yup, I am decidedly well-settled into my 30s, Stacks.  We do have to stick together.  :)

The place was sort of hippy-dippy, progressive.  All food was local, cruelty free, seasonal.  I liked it.  H did not.
  • Options
    Poor J!  And poor Stacks!  I've been running on cat naps since Sunday.  BB has a respiratory and ear infection so nights are like the newborn stage all over again.  We realized it wasn't "just" a cold on Monday night so she's been on an inhaler (SOOO much fun to give her), steroids, and antibiotics since TUesday.  She slept really well last night (until 4:30) so now that the meds have kicked in, I think we'll survive.  She's not allowed to be in daycare all week so today's my day to stay home with her.  My poor mom put in a 12 hour day yesterday because Mr B had surgery yesterday afternoon and I had to go straight from school to the hospital.  It's been crazy around here.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Happy belated bday, Mica!

• Options
    Sesh - that sounds like every project around here!  OUr house is not "standard" in anything (stupid builder) and anytime we go to fix or change something, the quick job turns into a huge undertaking.

• Options
    Awwww, baby B.  Poor thing.  J was just at the ER last week for a respiratory infection and got the inhaler.  You know b/c she just had to get sick on New Year's when all the doctors were closed that Monday.  Did they give you the long tube and the face mask?  It made it so much easier, but J is 4 so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it being "easy".  I couldn't believe how much of a difference the inhaler makes when they're sick.  I'll be demanding one every time from now on.  

I hope Mr B is ok.
  • Options
    What's up with Mr. B? I missed why he had surgery.

Stacks, how did the ER get the popcorn out of her ear? My coffee is gone, and I'm wiped myself (left the house at my usual 6:40 yesterday, didn't get home until almost 9:30 last night), so I can sympathize on the tired front.

Mica, a belated happy birthday, and yay! to Sesh for a new deadbolt.
  • Options
    Awww J :( I am lucky that as a child I never got anything stuck in my ears. H tells me that he used to store things in his bellybotton he didn't want his parents to find. I am not sure how old he was when he stoped that.

I am so ready for the weekend!
  • Options
    Oh, gosh, Mrs. B, you've got too much going on right now.  I hope your H is doing well today, and thank goodness BB is bettter too.

Inhalers are great.  I love giving them to my patients with upper respiratory symptoms, they help so quickly.

Yay for the deadbolt!  Any handy project taken on by H is long and drawn-out.  I am not married to a handyman.  I think I should hire out if we ever need work done in the future since I end up having to be involved and the job is never that well done.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hope-coffee-cuts-this-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f77f8f6-fc7b-4b2d-b6f6-fd35c362b437Post:b2e1f7c3-90a5-4cd0-b3cc-977fe01c8f57">Re: I hope coffee cuts it this morning......</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh - that sounds like every project around here!  OUr house is not "standard" in anything (stupid builder) and anytime we go to fix or change something, the quick job turns into a huge undertaking.
    Posted by Mrs.B6302007[/QUOTE]

Oh man, that is totally us. Some stuff is surprisingly easy, but other stuff just takes forever because the house was built so weird.

We could have just asked the landlord to put in the new locks, but we're trying not to ask for anything right now because soon we're going to be asking to take down a huge pine tree, and it's going to cost a pretty penny.
  • Options
    Stacks - yep, the long tube with the mask.  So far, we've been able to team up and one of us bear hug her while the other one does the mask.  But this morning, I had to do it alone.  It was tough but she's being a trooper so she gets 2 M&Ms after treatment - one for each puff. =-)

Sara - he had a kidney stone that wouldn't pass so they had to go in and laser it. It was a short surgery and we were home about 5.5 hours later.  He's doing well - actually went to work today and was never planning on taking today off.  He only teaches morning classes on Wednesdays due to his schedule so he was able to work a half day yesterday before going in.  I think that's where BB gets her trooper-ness. =-)

• Options
    Morning! I wasn't near my computer yesterday, but I wanted to wish you happy birthday, Mica.

Mrs. B, I hope everyone in your house feels better soon. Stacks, coffee is your friend. Poor J.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    This afternoon, I get to head down to Cincinnati to have a follow up session for a research study. They're studying the psychological effects of fibromyalgia on adolescents, and I've been doing this every two years since I was 13.

The good news is they pay me for my time (H also gets $25 for filling out a questionnaire about my behavior), and the hospital is near my brother's lab, so I get to have lunch with him. The bad news is I have to get a trigger point exam. Ouch.
  • Options
    Ooh, so does he have to wait to pee out the "sand" from the blasted stone? Joy.

And since it's all about me today, my brother is having surgery on his back today - dr. is going to fuse his C-4 and C-5 vertebrae and clean up some bulging disks in the area. The ironic part? He's a workout junky, I'm the couch potato.
  • Options
    Good luck to your brother, Sara. 
  • Options
    Oh yes, I need some coffee too. We had a late soccer game, and then I was just all amped up from the adrenaline and didn't get to sleep til after 1.

Stacks, poor J! I hope she's ok.

B, hugs to your family - it sounds like you guys are going through a lot right now.

Sara, I don't know if you saw, but in the thread about Vera Bradley bags from the weekend when you asked if anyone saw the irony in Jcb mentioning bulldog bookends, someone asked what you meant by that. What did you mean by that?
  • Options
    Morning!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Sara they first tried to suction it out, then they tried to use bondage glue on a q-tip and glue it to the kernel and pull it out and then finally got it out with alligator forceps (super tiny thin things).  They said usually by that point they have to sedate the kid but Jocelyn never even flinched, she was a trooper.  
  • Options
    great way to put it, Sara.  Sand pee is exactly it.    Prayers for a successful surgery for your brother.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hope-coffee-cuts-this-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f77f8f6-fc7b-4b2d-b6f6-fd35c362b437Post:5dbb1bdb-2054-45d2-a495-ec1c8ddb00ec">Re: I hope coffee cuts it this morning......</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sara, I don't know if you saw, but in the thread about Vera Bradley bags from the weekend when you asked if anyone saw the irony in Jcb mentioning bulldog bookends, someone asked what you meant by that. What did you mean by that?
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

<div>I was confused by that, too.</div>
  • Options
    Well LTB according to the exercise counsel, hula hooping burns 200 calories every 30 minutes.  So 3 minutes would be approximately 19 calories.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hope-coffee-cuts-this-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f77f8f6-fc7b-4b2d-b6f6-fd35c362b437Post:5dbb1bdb-2054-45d2-a495-ec1c8ddb00ec">Re: I hope coffee cuts it this morning......</a>:
    [QUOTE]. Sara, I don't know if you saw, but in the thread about Vera Bradley bags from the weekend when you asked if anyone saw the irony in Jcb mentioning bulldog bookends, someone asked what you meant by that. What did you mean by that?
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

Birdie asked about matching bags, and the poster to whom I was referring kinda jumped her about matching stuff (and Vera Bradley in general). Then went on to "complain" about her bookends not matching her dog.
  • Options
    Morning! 

Poor J and Stacks.  How far down there did she put that thing?

Glad your birthday was amazing, Mica!

Ugh, last night I spend 2.5 hours in a building code seminar.  We got a new code book this year and the changes to residential are intense.  Nothing like a good ol' redesign to kick of the new year. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hey ladies! 

Stacks - poor J, and poor you!  Hang in there.

MrsB - sounds like it's been a crazy week for you, I hope BB and Mr B are fully recovered soon.

Emily - this is probably old news by now but I haven't been around much.  I saw you were re-tweeted by the NYT last week!  It was strange, I was scrolling through Twitter and I was like, hey, I recognize that avatar and that name, and then saw it was a NYT tweet.  Awesome!

As for me...it's been a busy week.  Again.  New job is much busier than my old one!  H comes home tonight and we're heading to Chicago for the weekend, except they're supposed to get a bunch of snow today into tomorrow morning, so I'm hoping that doesn't cause any problems for us.
  • Options
    Good morning!  I don't think I ever stuck stuff in my ears, but I definitely stuck stuff up my nose.  I think we had to go to the hospital once to get pizza sausage out.  I'm a little fuzzy on the details. 

Mica, was is that place on Harbor Island that's right on the water?  Cafe something?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Habs - I meant to tell you awhile back that I love your sig video.  What would that be called, anyway?  A viggy?   OMG, the lack of sleep is srsly talking right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards