Wedding Etiquette Forum

I hope coffee cuts it this morning......

Re: I hope coffee cuts it this morning......

• Hope everyone's little ones get to feeling better! 

I stuck a cheerio and a popcorn kernel up my nose. I never went to the ER for either just the PCP. 

I've made a few trips to the ER. When I was 10 I fell off my bike and broke both of my arm bones then when I was 15 I fell in the garage and sprained my knee pretty bad. 
  • Stacks, flight pricing is SO WEIRD.

Guys, can I be honest? We were talking about how it's slow - this is why it's slow. Because it seems like threads lately have one person say "I did X," and then instead of continuing the conversation everyone says "Oh, I did X too!" Like, I'm glad you all survived your ER trips, but 50 posts about every stitch and x-ray everyone has ever had isn't exactly stimulating conversation material. Originality goes a long way.
  • My parents' dog is back from the animal hospital. He still has a tremendous amount of trouble walking, but he doesn't seem to be in pain. They said nothing was broken, but the vet thinks he had nerve inflammation. Is that a thing? They kept him for a week and gave him massive amounts of steroids.

My mom told me this morning that he's not eating. Things aren't looking too good.
  • I'm sorry, Special. What happened to him to send him to the vet in the first place? Poor guy.
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I'm sorry Special! 
    That's tough. I hope everything turns around!
  • So doods my CW has taught me a new term which I have installed in my life. This term is "hangry". you are hangry when you are so hungry you start getting hangry. Like yesterday in my 3rd hour of marathon meetings I reached the point where I was super hangry.

Please use this term IRL.
  • You know what else is stupid? I POSTED A NEW THREAD AND IT DISAPPEARED.

I have no clue where it went.

hold me.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Oh no special I am sorry.

Someitmes when they are in pain they really don't want to eat. Is it in thei hips or back legs? What happened in the first place and what breed is he?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Umm, Rosie? My Chilean CW who doesn't speak English already came up with that term on her own when she confused hungry and angry and then decided one could also be hangry as you describe. You're a native English speaker, keep up.
  • That's a great word Rosie. H and I tend to get hangry at the same time, which can get ugly on long car rides.
  • Try again, Fishface.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hope-coffee-cuts-this-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f77f8f6-fc7b-4b2d-b6f6-fd35c362b437Post:da6a32e0-b7bc-420f-a57e-0a95e8b4ca9f">Re: I hope coffee cuts it this morning......</a>:
    [QUOTE]Umm, Rosie? My Chilean CW who doesn't speak English already came up with that term on her own when she confused hungry and angry and then decided one could also be hangry as you describe. <strong>You're a native English speaker, keep up.
    </strong>Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

DON'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS SMEMILY.

I still like my new phrase.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hope-coffee-cuts-this-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f77f8f6-fc7b-4b2d-b6f6-fd35c362b437Post:acbef98c-3597-4373-8fdf-cb1fbfb69806">Re: I hope coffee cuts it this morning......</a>:
    [QUOTE]You know what else is stupid? I POSTED A NEW THREAD AND IT DISAPPEARED. I have no clue where it went. hold me.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]
    The TK Gods might be trying to tell you something! <div>
    </div>
  • BUT. It's in my posts, it's just not showing up. WHAT THE MOTHER FUCKING WHAT!?
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hope-coffee-cuts-this-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f77f8f6-fc7b-4b2d-b6f6-fd35c362b437Post:842f58c3-c146-4c93-bba2-0e014326cc0f">Re: I hope coffee cuts it this morning......</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I hope coffee cuts it this morning...... : DON'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS SMEMILY.   I still like my new phrase.
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

<div>MARRYING INTO AN ITALIAN FAMILY DOES NOT MAKE YOU AN ESL STUDENT, ROSIEKINS.</div><div>
    </div><div>I like your phrase too :)</div>
  • I'm hangry, y'all.

• Rosie I am always hangry
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hope-coffee-cuts-this-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f77f8f6-fc7b-4b2d-b6f6-fd35c362b437Post:974872ed-dcd7-4d70-930b-c77150bbc277">Re: I hope coffee cuts it this morning......</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I hope coffee cuts it this morning...... : The TK Gods might be trying to tell you something! 
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, that was rude for no apparent reason.</div>
  • My school just switched to blackboard.  I'm not digging it.  I'm supposed to have a content tab.  I do not.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • I can say some really crude things in Italian now.
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hope-coffee-cuts-this-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f77f8f6-fc7b-4b2d-b6f6-fd35c362b437Post:ff9d9429-9fbe-402b-93a6-21050a570db1">Re: I hope coffee cuts it this morning......</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stacks, flight pricing is SO WEIRD. Guys, can I be honest? We were talking about how it's slow - this is why it's slow. Because it seems like threads lately have one person say "I did X," and then instead of continuing the conversation everyone says "Oh, I did X too!" Like, I'm glad you all survived your ER trips, but 50 posts about every stitch and x-ray everyone has ever had isn't exactly stimulating conversation material. Originality goes a long way.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

i find this to be extremely bitchy. When I'm having a conversation IRL and someone mentions something you usually talk about like experiences. Maybe it's over amplified here because there's a whole bunch of people responding to that one post about going to the ER and not responding immediately to other posts, but basically saying you all suck because instead of being original and bringing new topics to the table you're all just hopping on the ER bandwaggon, is kind of crappy IMO.

Edited for clarification.
  • MK - Don't be jealous.  Our hill is incredibly tiny.  I get down it on my board in about 2 seconds flat.  You spend far more time on the chair lift.  But H is learning how to snowboard, so I think it'll take us more time now with a newb on the hill. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I posted in it, Fishface.  But you're right, it's not on the board.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hope-coffee-cuts-this-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f77f8f6-fc7b-4b2d-b6f6-fd35c362b437Post:c6fd81e7-a125-44ec-8da0-61fb60c2f6e1">Re: I hope coffee cuts it this morning......</a>:
    [QUOTE]MK - Don't be jealous.  Our hill is incredibly tiny.  I get down it on my board in about 2 seconds flat.  You spend far more time on the chair lift.  But H is learning how to snowboard, so I think it'll take us more time now with a newb on the hill. 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

I tried snowboarding once. I lasted about 30 minutes before I turned my board back in for some skis. I like ski-blading too.
  • What was your post about Fishy?
  • MK, I'm sorry if I upset you because I like you a lot and don't want to do that, but it's something I've noticed a lot lately. One person says something, and then there are a million posts with a laundry list of people saying they did that too. It doesn't seem like an IRL conversation where it's "oh, I did that too, what did you think of this part of it?" and then there's some interaction, in most cases it reads to me as simply saying "me too! me three! me 18!"

Which is fine. But since we were talking about how it's slow yesterday, I wanted to say that to me, 3 pages of "+1" doesn't entice me to post, and that might be contributing to the slowness.
  • I've never been snowboarding or skiing. Which do you think would be easier to try first? I'm not known for my coordination.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • On New Years Day, he was jumping up the single step from the back porch into the house. My parents' other dog, an 8 lb miniature terrier, decided she couldn't wait her turn, so she cut him off. He landed funny and couldn't move his back legs, though he could wag his tail. H had to go help my dad take him to the vet. 

Casey is a cocker spaniel/westie mix. He has some other health issues, primarily Addison's disease and a thyroid disorder, so he's been on steroids for most of his life. As such, he's huge. He is so severely overweight, even though he gets a healthy diet and plenty of exercise. His weight is making his recovery more difficult.

Part of me thinks his time has come. He doesn't look like he's enjoying being a dog anymore. He's 10. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hope-coffee-cuts-this-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f77f8f6-fc7b-4b2d-b6f6-fd35c362b437Post:8a634e8f-442c-4049-a0d4-8df7936141f4">Re: I hope coffee cuts it this morning......</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I hope coffee cuts it this morning...... : Maybe there's no content yet?  I use BB too.  When did your class start?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Tuesday.  The professor logged into her account to show us where the content is, but maybe her's is set up different?  I don't know.  I'm going to try and ask her today.  It has assignments that need to be done before the labs, so it's kind of important that I find it.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • There's a ski resort just right outside of STL. I don't see myself ever being coordinated enough to ski or snowboard, but I'm all about sledding. I wonder if they have a tubing hill?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards