Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Inviting the band/pastor?

My pastor is going to be the one marrying me and my fiance. His wife is the leader of the worship band who will also be playing in the wedding. Do I need to send out invitations to those who are playing in the worship band? Including my pastor and his wife? (I am very close to everyone in the worship band and they all know they will be performing). Thank you

Re: Inviting the band/pastor?

• Options
    I say no if they know they are supposed to be there.
  • Options
    Invite them.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Wait, are you asking if you should send them actual invitations or if you should invite them all to your wedding? I took it as they are playing at your wedding but you wanted to know if you should send them invites anyway.
  • Options
    JessAndTravJessAndTrav member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2010
    I probably would. Not that they need the invitation, but since you're friends with them, it would be nice. I sent an invite to our pianist.
  • Options
    Oh, my bad. I didn't read it that way, Ricks. I thought she was asking if she should invite them at all, not send an actual invite. Either way, I think an actual invite is a really nice thing and I'd feel slightly uncomfortable going to a wedding that I didn't receive an invite for.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Yeah but it's a waste of money to print out invites when the people are performing at the wedding already. It is 100% implied that they are invited.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_inviting-bandpastor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f87e536-b384-4d76-a010-eed276d27903Post:3c0f08e8-b56c-4bd2-9d15-e5f2dfe07078">Re: Inviting the band/pastor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah but it's a waste of money to print out invites when the people are performing at the wedding already. It is 100% implied that they are invited.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

I get you, Ricksang. But I guess it depends on how many people are included.

If it's like, 10, then I'm with you on that one, and my opinion changes.

If it's like, 4, then I say just do it. Even if your invites cost about $3 each, that's only $12.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_inviting-bandpastor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f87e536-b384-4d76-a010-eed276d27903Post:1b22b6a1-160c-4ddb-9d4e-58327e4b8012">Re: Inviting the band/pastor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Inviting the band/pastor? : I get you, Ricksang. But I guess it depends on how many people are included. If it's like, 10, then I'm with you on that one, and my opinion changes. If it's like, 4, then I say just do it. Even if your invites cost about $3 each, that's only $12.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of this.
  • Options
    ::high fives::
  • Options
    LOL! Awww yeah!
  • Options
    I might send or hand them invitations just so that they have the reception information as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards