Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Is this acceptable?

I feel like I already know the answer to this, but, FI is having a few friends over this evening, all of whom are in the wedding party. I am working on printing our STD envelopes and stuffing them, and happen to have theirs already finished, just haven't stamped or sent them out yet. I'm wondering if it would be rude to just hand them out tonight (it's just 3 guys)? I know they wouldn't think anything of it, but I don't want to look tacky. Thoughts?

Re: Is this acceptable?

• Options
    As long as they're all invited, it's what I did with some people I was going to see. Save postage and all. It's only rude, IMHO, if you're handing it out to some people in the room and not others.
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • Options
    I don't see anything wrong with that, as long as they are all invited. I privately hand delivered our STDs to my colleagues at work. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Yep, they're all invited and in the wedding party, and they all get a +1 or their SO was invited, so no issues there either.
  • Options
    I did this at a family party. Everyone was invited and I had just finished stuffing the envelopes so I gave them to them there. I agree if you were openly excluding some people it wouldn't be ok. It was kind of nice to see everyone gush over them and see how excited they were. 
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-this-acceptable-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:424440ab-4fdd-41ac-acfe-143bfcc1667cPost:74cc7400-7691-4cf9-8e22-89c34c715842">Re: Is this acceptable?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did this at a family party. Everyone was invited and I had just finished stuffing the envelopes so I gave them to them there. I agree if you were openly excluding some people it wouldn't be ok. It was kind of nice to see everyone gush over them and see how excited they were. 
    Posted by allychase[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, I think I would have a little fun watching them them gush, too! Especially since we decided to go the creative route with our STDs. I'm pretty excited about them. I have a feeling though that with these guys it'll be more of a, "Sweet, thanks. Can I have another beer?"</div><div>
    </div><div>Can't expect much more reaction than that from a bunch of single guys in their mid-twenties, haha.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-this-acceptable-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:424440ab-4fdd-41ac-acfe-143bfcc1667cPost:629c13f4-79b5-4a87-95fc-7e4828e61806">Re: Is this acceptable?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yep, they're all invited and in the wedding party, and they all get a +1 or their SO was invited, so no issues there either.
    Posted by cookie0803[/QUOTE]

Then it wouldn't be rude to hand them out, but if there's a chance they'll put them down and forget them, I'd reconsider.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-this-acceptable-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:424440ab-4fdd-41ac-acfe-143bfcc1667cPost:1ce1262b-cac8-4e4a-95e4-2eacd70bec2c">Re: Is this acceptable?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is this acceptable? : Then it wouldn't be rude to hand them out, but if there's a chance they'll put them down and forget them, I'd reconsider.
    Posted by Jen4948[/QUOTE]

This. Especially if people are drinking, it's easy to leave things behind.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto PP - it's fine.  I handed mine out to my coworkers, but did NOT let FI do this because I can just picture them getting left or forgotten at work.  Save some $ on stamps!
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy: Invites imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-this-acceptable-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:424440ab-4fdd-41ac-acfe-143bfcc1667cPost:556438de-b1f8-4eec-9918-8c9eabf4bc04">Re: Is this acceptable?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is this acceptable? :  I have a feeling though that with these guys it'll be more of a, "Sweet, thanks. Can I have another beer?" Can't expect much more reaction than that from a bunch of single guys in their mid-twenties, haha.
    Posted by cookie0803[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Haha! Yeah, probably no gushing from them. I remember one of my husband's close friend's reactions. "Oh, by the way, we got your wedding warning thing!"   Great. Our "wedding warning thing."  Haha!</div>
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I think it would be more special if it arrived in the mail.  And you're only saving $1.35 by hand delivering them.
  • Options
    I would just mail them.  
  • Options
    I think that's fine. Like you said they are all guys and probably won't think anything of it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Is it rude-No

The likelihood of guys remembering them or giving them to any SO that may be included- slim to none.

I'd mail them.
  • Options
    Thanks so much, everyone! They ended up bringing another friend that FI hasn't seen since high school, and is not invited, so I didn't hand them out.

Addie, the "wedding warning thing" is hilarious!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards