Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Inviting BM's SO... or not? (sorry, long!)

I recently met up with one of my oldest friends from my hometown, who I have always known will be in my wedding. We got to chatting, she asked how things were going with school, etc, and we got onto to the topic of the wedding. My FI and I have been tossing around the idea of having the wedding a good distance away (talking about 6-ish hours) so I asked her if she would be ok with traveling that far and if not, I understood, she's cool with it, blah blah blah, and then...

She said that she'll just have to find someone to go with, like her mom. Now, she's been dating a guy for almost 2 years and they're quite serious, but the problem is that I used to very seriously date his best friend. It was a baddd break up and my ex and I have not talked in years, since the breakup. My friend is certain that her bf will not want to come to my wedding, due to the potential for awkwardness and drama from his best friend and best friend's wife, and insisted that she'll find someone else to bring.

Etiquette says I must invite them both. She says not to. Frankly, I could care less about my ex and his wife (wish I could say the same for them... found out that the wife sent my fiance a Facebook friend request one day. Um, I'm sorry, does he know you? No, you stalker), and I'd love for my friend to have a good time with her SO without any nonsense, but I understand her reasons.

Should I send an invite to her house with both their names on it, and let her decide what she wants to do about it, or just give her a +1? I know we're a ways out but, it's nice to start ticking off the little things from the list!
Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards