Wedding Etiquette Forum

Payments and tips?

I need some insight on how much to give for payments and tips, and who gets them.

In this area, people usually pay the pastor $100.  However, we are having two pastors officiate -- my pastor will be the "primary" officiant, and the pastor from my fiance's church will also have some roles in the ceremony.  Should we give them each $75?  Or $100 to the primary pastor and $50 to the secondary?  I'm not really sure...

We are also having ceremony musicians.  I was planning on paying the organist $50 but I'm not sure if that's right.  During the ceremony, 4 people from my fiance's church are going to play one song.  They're not a band, just individuals who participate in worship music there.  They are the pastor's wife, associate pastor and his wife, and the other associate pastor.  MOH suggested I give $25 each to the pastor's wife and the single associate pastor, and give a $50 restuarant gift card to the couple (who are also good friends of FI's parents), but I'm not sure if that's really fair.  What do you all suggest?

With hair appointments, all I usually do is get a $13 haircut and give the stylist $15 and tell her to keep the change.  So what am I supposed to give on a $40 up-do?  And should I also pay the tips on my bridesmaids' styles?

We are doing a cash bar at the reception, except that my fiance and I are paying for soda.  So if there is one bartender and we end up with a $300 soda bill, do we still do 20 percent and give him $60, on top of the tips people have probably already given throughout the night?  Heck, if I can work 4 hours and end up with like $100, I'll become a wedding bartender!

Who else gets a tip?  Do we tip the DJ?  Photographer and videographer?  Reception coordinator/owner/caterer?  How do I figure out how much to give them?  And who am I forgetting?  Thanks!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards