Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

An American marrying a French with both traditions

My fiance' and I have recently picked the venue for our wedding. He is catholic and I am protestant but we have decided on getting married in the catholic chapel in his parents town, which also happens to be right next to the chateau where the reception will be held. As we are marrying in France, we are still wanting to have some American traditions included. We will have a benediction at the church and upon arriving at the reception site we will have a small "american-style" ceremony where we will exchange our personal vows and our friends will "roast" us. My fiance' is insisting that to complete the american tradition, I need bridesmaids but I feel as it will be a waste of time (and money) to have them there when they won't be used for the same purposes as they would, if we were in the states.
Any suggestions? Thanks!
Tiffany

Re: An American marrying a French with both traditions

• Options
    A "roast" at a wedding is American-style?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_american-marrying-french-traditions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4497b9e6-3b4c-41da-9578-f69c7ab074d0Post:0a8542e5-8e53-4b1d-ae20-7aa67e29a326">An American marrying a French with both traditions</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance' and I have recently picked the venue for our wedding. He is catholic and I am protestant but we have decided on getting married in the catholic chapel in his parents town, which also happens to be right next to the chateau where the reception will be held. As we are marrying in France, we are still wanting to have some American traditions included. We will have a benediction at the church and upon arriving at the reception site we will have a small "american-style" ceremony where we will exchange our personal vows and our friends will "roast" us. My fiance' is insisting that to complete the american tradition, I need bridesmaids but I feel as it will be a waste of time (and money) to have them there when they won't be used for the same purposes as they would, if we were in the states. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    <p>Posted by TiffanyFabien[/QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p>Umm WTF is a roast (besides delicious dinner)?!</p>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards