Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

What's going on?

Seems to be slow? Are people busy today?  That would be my luck, work is slow today.
Photobucket

Re: What's going on?

• Options
    I'm here. I'm multitasking like mofo.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    it is soooo dead here. I only see 2 kids all day. I think I am going to go valentines day shopping at lunch.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm trying to finish up some work so I can hit the mall this afternoon and be back in time to get some beer into me before the Olympic Opening Ceremonies are on.
  • Options
    Right now, I'm just waiting for my boss to get here.  Once he does, I'll probably be busy all day because his exec. asst. is out.  Boo. 
  • Options
    I just woke up, so Im not up to anything. I may or may not go get something to eat for breakfast in a minute. I was kind of expecting to wake up to some exciting posts on here, but no :(
  • Options
    I am still at my parents' house and I'm getting ready to go talk to another florist in a little bit. Unfortunately, I had to eat a florist yesterday, she enraged me so. It was for the best.

Fingers crossed for the new one!
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    Boo! We are so dead today! I already have my work done, hopefully more comes in.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm here.  Avoiding work.  I have to run out at lunch to pick through the 3 Valentine's cards left at Hallmark to get one for FI, but that's the hardest I plan on working all day.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    I'm here. I have never been so happy to be at work in my life. I think I would have gone completely apeshit if I had to be in my house for one more day.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm around.  I'm swamped, but I'm here :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-going-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:457266bf-cc2a-479e-bfff-f4a113fae225Post:cffa8625-bcda-4721-a4ef-00d6f27772d7">Re: What's going on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am still at my parents' house and I'm getting ready to go talk to another florist in a little bit. Unfortunately, I had to eat a florist yesterday, she enraged me so. It was for the best. Fingers crossed for the new one!
    Posted by temerityjane[/QUOTE]

Whoa, what happen?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-going-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:457266bf-cc2a-479e-bfff-f4a113fae225Post:9c21a459-1096-4872-91f7-af4fd6a80afa">Re: What's going on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here. I have never been so happy to be at work in my life. I think I would have gone completely apeshit if I had to be in my house for one more day.
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

This.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-going-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:457266bf-cc2a-479e-bfff-f4a113fae225Post:9c21a459-1096-4872-91f7-af4fd6a80afa">Re: What's going on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here. I have never been so happy to be at work in my life. I think I would have gone completely apeshit if I had to be in my house for one more day.
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

When do you leave to get married?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Hello!
    I just quit my job and it feels good.

And to Fishe re: my FB status (I can't say on FB)... I'm going to a competitor company located closer to my home.

My mgr's response to my resignation was "F*K"
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-going-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:457266bf-cc2a-479e-bfff-f4a113fae225Post:1950ee78-ce3a-400f-984b-7cde19939beb">Re: What's going on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's going on? : When do you leave to get married?
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

A week from Tuesday. (Squeeeeeee!)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm avoiding work
  • Options
    I'm in and out.  I'm making a Nest bio, which to me sounds lame but I'm so bored and now that I'm posting more over there on the Crafts and Decorating boards, I wanted something to point to. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm working (ie playing on the internet for the most part) from home. It's snowing. I'm so excited. It's actually accumulating too. I'm still in my jammies hanging out. It's nice.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-going-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:457266bf-cc2a-479e-bfff-f4a113fae225Post:5c7065b5-a170-4baf-a8b0-90433e5abd26">Re: What's going on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's going on? : Whoa, what happen?
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

<div>I really don't care for flowers as reception decor, I wanted to talk about bouquets and such. Aside from the fact that she refused to give me general price ideas at all (she wanted my budget number so she could tell me what I could fill it with instead), once she heard where the wedding was, she kept saying "Oh, you need SOMETHING" and every time I'd try to steer away from floral centerpieces or floating flowers in the pool or ceremony flowers or anything like that, she'd give my MOM a glance out of the corner of her eye and write it down ANYWAY.</div><div>
    </div><div>And this is on top of the fact that she was SO RUDE when we got there about it being so close to Valentine's day and all of that - if she didn't have time to meet with us, she should have said so, not snarked at us the entire time.</div><div>
    </div><div>Don't worry, I saved the rest of the world from ever having to deal with her.</div>
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    I'm here today. I brought in a ton of candy and so did my other coworker so Yay for Candy Day!

I just wish I brought my toothbrush in.

Other than that, work is going to be slow. No one wants to job hunt on fridays.
    image Married and Junk.
  • Options
    I'm here. Just finished up all of the work that I plan to do for the day. I'm lunching with the dudes at the annual pancake breakfast downtown in a bit and then I'm leaving for my valentine's overnight thingy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-going-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:457266bf-cc2a-479e-bfff-f4a113fae225Post:cffa8625-bcda-4721-a4ef-00d6f27772d7">Re: What's going on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am still at my parents' house and I'm getting ready to go talk to another florist in a little bit. Unfortunately, I had to eat a florist yesterday, she enraged me so. It was for the best. Fingers crossed for the new one!

What kind of wine would go with that? Did she have a florally undertone?
    image Married and Junk.
  • Options
    crfischecrfische member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2010
    Good for you, Butta!!! :) That's awesome!
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-going-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:457266bf-cc2a-479e-bfff-f4a113fae225Post:c241351e-91a1-435d-9000-8549fa18bd5a">Re: What's going on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's going on? : I really don't care for flowers as reception decor, I wanted to talk about bouquets and such. Aside from the fact that she refused to give me general price ideas at all (she wanted my budget number so she could tell me what I could fill it with instead), once she heard where the wedding was, she kept saying "Oh, you need SOMETHING" and every time I'd try to steer away from floral centerpieces or floating flowers in the pool or ceremony flowers or anything like that, she'd give my MOM a glance out of the corner of her eye and write it down ANYWAY. And this is on top of the fact that she was SO RUDE when we got there about it being so close to Valentine's day and all of that - if she didn't have time to meet with us, she should have said so, not snarked at us the entire time. Don't worry, I saved the rest of the world from ever having to deal with her.

What a skunt.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-going-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:457266bf-cc2a-479e-bfff-f4a113fae225Post:0a04cc2a-8f89-4107-869c-34b1b9c7f8a6">Re: What's going on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I just quit my job and it feels good. And to Fishe re: my FB status (I can't say on FB)... I'm going to a competitor company located closer to my home. My mgr's response to my resignation was "F*K"
    Posted by buttaflai[/QUOTE]

Damn the man!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm here. No school for students because it's a records day, but since I'm a lowly substitute I don't have to go in either. Nothing to grade or record :)

I lost a pound though! That's my exciting news. Even though I'm 99% I lost that much while pooping, I'm still excited because I've actually been working out for more than a month now and was gaining weight until now. Let me be excited about my pound please.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    "Damn the Man" reminds me of Empire Records.  ::off to Netflix to waste some more time::
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    awww Shelly! that pic is making me swoon :) You are so pretty.

I am multitasking too... I want to get everything done this morning so I can leave early after I have some client meetings this afternoon. I don't get a long weekend :(
  • Options
    I'm here! I'm looking at fondue recipes to make for the H tonight. We're not really doing any Valentine's Day gifts, so we're just making good food all weekend instead.
    I will do actual work when necessary, but I doubt it will be much.
  • Options
    TJ, thank you for your contributions to society this week. I found that most of the florists I met with were pretty pushy, I don't know, maybe it's something in the flower-preservation stuff that gets into their bloodstream.

The one I went with just yells at me for being too apologetic and hard on myself about making requests of her. "Yeah, my advisor just told me I was being too hard on myself, too." "Well," she snapped, "MAYBE you should listen, darling!"

Sigh. Nobody lets me self-loathe as much as I want to.

Shelly: I think this is my favorite of your fashion-shoot pictures. Sheesh, I don't know how you manage to look so good in so many of them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards