Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

What's for dinner?

I'm bored and hungry. Let's hear it.

Me? Good ole fashioned grilled cheese.

Re: What's for dinner?

• Options
    I have no idea what I'm going to make.  Maybe this thread will give me some inspiration.  Or I just might have leftovers from lunch and tell FI to fend for himself.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options

I think I'll be doing a pork chop and some baked fries.  Not very exciting at all, but it's just me tonight, so I have no motivation to do anything better.

• Options
    microwave pizza for me. Mark isn't eating much these days...
  • Options
    Pizza sounds good too.

P2 - How's Mark doing?
  • Options

Baked chicken and mashed potatoes, or chicken spaghetti.

• Options

I took out burgers to thaw, but FI is going to a poker game after work so I was going to bump them until tomorrow.  And then I got irrationally excited about making myself pancakes and bacon for dinner, since he hates breakfast for dinner, but now he might come home beforehand after all which would mean we're back to burgers.  Which, I love him and all, but I WANT PANCAKES. 

two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Brie, now I want breakfast for dinner.  Like bad.  And breakfast food is so easy to make.  You've solved my I-don't-know-what-I-want problem.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Left over personal-pan pizza from Pizza Hut. Our student union has one--and it's my go-to for eating on campus. I'm trying to eat more to avoid losing weight...I have a feeling pizza hut will help Laughing
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Possibly black bean tacos. But we might go to this "walk of shops" thing in our city, where a bunch of stores are doing fun things for Christmas. In which case we might pick something up. I need to stop doing that...
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I love breakfast food so much, but FI will not eat breakfast for any meal but breakfast, which makes me sad.  When I lived alone I'd eat breakfast for either lunch or dinner pretty much every day.  Pancakes, eggs, waffles...yum.  So, now I only eat it when he's gone.

Even if he comes home, he can take the extra burger for lunch tomorrow.  This is way too strong of a craving.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I'm sensing another turkey sandwich.  FI works 3-11 so I am on my own for dinner 5 nights out of the week.  BUT I made him some awesome chili last week for when he came home and he loved it.  I was annoyingly proud of myself for a good 24 hours.  I should be a good future wife and cook for him more often...
  • Options
    Chicken pot pie is in the oven.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Pork steaks in a gravy with rice. Bacon Ranch pasta salad and baked sweet potatoes.

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Options
    homemade hawaiian pizza with a key lime pie for dessert.
  • Options
    If I'm super motivated when I get home I will make pasta with spinich and chickpeas.  But honestly, I'll probably just have popcorn. 
  • Options
    I think Pete's making a stuffed roasted pork lion, yukon mashed potatoes, and wax bean medley of some sort.

That's really the only meal we have left in the house, so if we don't eat that it'll probably be pizza or we'll go to the grocery store starving and come home with god knows what.
  • Options
    Well, dinner tonight (Friday) isn't for quite awhile, but we're going out with friends for peking duck.. yum!
  • Options
    Sun--I just PM'ed you.Wink
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

BBQ chicken and mac & cheese   :)

extreme snow doesn't stop us from grilling!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yuck, I hate duck! Even Peking duck...

Mark's doing well...I can't remember who asked. Very sick from his last round of chemo, but alive, well-spirited, and that's all I can ask for right now.
  • Options
    Baked pork chops, mashed pots and green beans.  Total mom food.
  • Options
    I'm doing spicy southern style pork chops with a caramelized onion pan jus and roasted fingerlign potatoes.. and salad of some kind.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-dinner-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:47c2af82-2360-43d1-8fc1-1b180d20b9d9Post:2ec94597-2770-4035-acb8-874d3788d4e6">Re: What's for dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yuck, I hate duck! Even Peking duck... Mark's doing well...I can't remember who asked. Very sick from his last round of chemo, but alive, well-spirited, and that's all I can ask for right now.
    Posted by pumpkinpumpkin[/QUOTE]

Duck can go either way for me. Good peking duck = amazing.
    Fatty, disgusting duck dishes = not so good. I've had awesome and terrible duck before, but this place we're going to falls into the category of the former.
  • Options
    Alix, got a recipe for that?
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options

Now I want breakfast since I read Brie's post. I think we have everything to make a good breakfast, so that is what it looks like its going to be now.

Photobucket
  • Options
    Lemon pepper chicken, red potatoes, and green beans. And cheesecake for dessert.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    I still feel like crap so I went with ramen soup and some garlic knots and lots of tea and juice.  So much for that nice beer I wanted
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards