Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

::gives CPR to the board:: POLL

1. What is your favorite beverage?
2. What's the television show that you refuse to miss?
3. What was your first date with your BF/FI/DH?
4. Do you plan to or did you save the top of your wedding cake? If so, when do you plan to eat it?
5. Do you go to any boards other than this one? Which ones?
6. Name a guilty pleasure.
7. The last one is clicky for anonymity.

Re: ::gives CPR to the board:: POLL

• Options
    JessAndTravJessAndTrav member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2010
    1. What is your favorite beverage? I love Coke, omg.
    2. What's the television show that you refuse to miss? LOST.
    3. What was your first date with your BF/FI/DH? Putt-Putt Golf. (We were in HS)
    4. Do you plan to or did you save the top of your wedding cake? If so, when do you plan to eat it? Yes. We just thawed it actually, but haven't cut into it yet. No special occassion. We just needed the space in the freezer.
    5. Do you go to any boards other than this one? Which ones? I've been lurking on BNOTB over on The Nest. I also lurk on Snarky Brides. The new people over there are such whiners, it's amusing. *I also post on my club board.
    6. Name a guilty pleasure. 16 and Pregnant/Teen Mom

*ETA my forgetfulness.
  • Options
    1. What is your favorite beverage? - Pepsi
    2. What's the television show that you refuse to miss? NCIS
    3. What was your first date with your BF/FI/DH? dinner and a movie.
    4. Do you plan to or did you save the top of your wedding cake? If so, when do you plan to eat it? - we are having cupcakes - not saving any.
    5. Do you go to any boards other than this one? Which ones?  local and club sometimes, but not as often
    6. Name a guilty pleasure. romance novels
  • Options
    sparkling apple cider

I can live without tv. Maybe SVU if I had to pick

Dinner at a fancy Steak and Chop house

4. Do you plan to or did you save the top of your wedding cake? If so, when do you plan to eat it?
    Ate it every morning for the week following the ceremony. So "our days would start with sweetness"

Budget, Chit-chat, Receptions

cake
  • Options
    evabeeevabee member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    FI is stationed elsewhere so can "rarely" be an option?

Diet Coke (Gosh, I hate saying that)
    BONESSS but I watch it on Hulu, mostly.
    Laundry :)
    We plan to save it for our one year if he's in the States!
    Sometimes (mostly lurking), military brides, chit chat.
    Sleeping on the couch... I love it but FI and my roommate hate when I do it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gives-cpr-board-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:486954ad-2617-4805-a70f-5e45afd2a4afPost:7d83b33b-47dc-4bbe-99bd-ea4cac0d6d49">::gives CPR to the board:: POLL</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. What is your favorite beverage? 2. What's the television show that you refuse to miss? 3. What was your first date with your BF/FI/DH? 4. Do you plan to or did you save the top of your wedding cake? If so, when do you plan to eat it? 5. Do you go to any boards other than this one? Which ones? 6. Name a guilty pleasure. 7. The last one is clicky for anonymity.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

1. Alcohol.

2. 24

3. After about four years of dancing around each other, in November of 2005 he told me he'd be stopping by my town on his way home from speedskating practice, so we went out for ice cream. The entire time we were sitting there, I was thinking how ridiculously gorgeous he was, and how I couldn't believe I was sitting there with him. Two weeks later, we saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and then we kissed when he dropped me off at my car. The rest is history....

4. We're probably making our own mini-cakes using our favorite special occasion recipe, so no. We can always make the cake again to think about our wedding.

5. I lurk on Wedding Party, and sometimes I post on my club board, although it is dead over there.

6. I like Julianne Hough's CD.

7. Your poll discriminates against people in LDRs.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    1. What is your favorite beverage?  diet cherry 7-up
    2. What's the television show that you refuse to miss? "Dexter" or "Dancing with the Stars"
    3. What was your first date with your BF/FI/DH? we went to Champps in East Lansing then watched "Little Miss Sunshine" at my apartment after
    4. Do you plan to or did you save the top of your wedding cake? If so, when do you plan to eat it?  Plan on saving it.
    5. Do you go to any boards other than this one? I lurk over on NEY and Snarky Brides
    6. Name a guilty pleasure: Reality tv...specifically, anything on Bravo
    Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I meant to add one for LDRs!

If TK would let us edit polls, I would!
  • Options
    ohwhynotohwhynot member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gives-cpr-board-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:486954ad-2617-4805-a70f-5e45afd2a4afPost:7d83b33b-47dc-4bbe-99bd-ea4cac0d6d49">::gives CPR to the board:: POLL</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. What is your favorite beverage? <strong>Hot cocoa.</strong>
    2. What's the television show that you refuse to miss? <strong>None come to mind anymore - used to be The Sopranos.</strong>
    3. What was your first date with your BF/FI/DH? <strong>Went to see "Stranger Than Fiction" and neither of us was sure it was a date or just a platonic night out. </strong>
    4. Do you plan to or did you save the top of your wedding cake? If so, when do you plan to eat it?  <strong>No - I think we're doing sheet cakes.</strong>
    5. Do you go to any boards other than this one? Which ones? <strong>I used to do craigslist, but the brides are insane there.</strong>  <strong>I read, but don't post on, Television Without Pity.</strong>  ETA-I obviously interpreted this wrong. 
    6. Name a guilty pleasure. <strong>Hmm.  Used to be smoking, but I quit recently.  So . . . watching Hoarders episodes online and reading the television without pity comments about them.</strong>
    7. The last one is clicky for anonymity.   <strong>heheheh</strong>
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]
  • Options
        Water.  I probably drink 2 gallons a day
        24 - though I haven't really paid too much attention this season.  Oh and Amazing Race. 
        We went to a local carnival and then to a pool hall... wow that makes us sound.... wow.  
        Ick, no. I don't like cake when it's fresh, and I'm pretty stingy with giving up space in my freezer. 
        WCF board occassionally, but it's pretty slow.  And usually just about weddings. 
      I love to watch A&E - City Confidential, The First 48, etc.  

Photobucket
  • Options
    1. What is your favorite beverage? Water.
    2. What's the television show that you refuse to miss? Vampire Diaries or True Blood.
    3. What was your first date with your BF/FI/DH? Lunch at a bistro on the lakeshore.
    4. Do you plan to or did you save the top of your wedding cake? If so, when do you plan to eat it? Nope, we ate it the week following the wedding.
    5. Do you go to any boards other than this one? Which ones? NBC, Twi-Nest, my Club board and F&B on the Nest.
    6. Name a guilty pleasure. Erm... Shoes? I don't know, I proudly relish in the things I like.
  • Options
    1. What is your favorite beverage? non-alcoholic: root beer alcoholic: beer
    2. What's the television show that you refuse to miss? - I can miss any of them, but my favorite show is Last Restaurant Standing. And Lost.
    3. What was your first date with your BF/FI/DH? - He was visiting while moving back to MA from New Zealand. I remember we went to Del Taco and ended up spending about 36 hours together.
    4. Do you plan to or did you save the top of your wedding cake? If so, when do you plan to eat it? - Hell no, we'll get an "anniversary cake" for our 1 year.
    5. Do you go to any boards other than this one? Which ones? - On TK? Yeah, I check my club board each day and if I'm bored I click around. Specifically I like Invites and Paper and Wedding Party. 
    6. Name a guilty pleasure. Rock of Love, Harry Potter. Oops, I named two.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gives-cpr-board-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:486954ad-2617-4805-a70f-5e45afd2a4afPost:da72bf22-e18e-4b49-bf63-81e9b58ef4c6">Re: ::gives CPR to the board:: POLL</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to ::gives CPR to the board:: POLL : 1. Alcohol. 2. 24 3. After about four years of dancing around each other, in November of 2005 he told me he'd be stopping by my town on his way home from speedskating practice, so we went out for ice cream. <strong>The entire time we were sitting there, I was thinking how ridiculously gorgeous he was, and how I couldn't believe I was sitting there with him. </strong>Two weeks later, we saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and then we kissed when he dropped me off at my car. The rest is history.... 4. We're probably making our own mini-cakes using our favorite special occasion recipe, so no. We can always make the cake again to think about our wedding. 5. I lurk on Wedding Party, and sometimes I post on my club board, although it is dead over there. 6. I like Julianne Hough's CD. 7. Your poll discriminates against people in LDRs.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

That is so cute.  He must have been thinking the exact same thing!
  • Options
    1. What is your favorite beverage? Coffee/diet Pepsi
    2. What's the television show that you refuse to miss? I have quite a few.Bones, Closer, CSI (original), Sons of Anarchy.
    3. What was your first date with your BF/FI/DH? He drove an hour in a snow storm to meet me at TGIF's for dinner.
    4. Do you plan to or did you save the top of your wedding cake? If so, when do you plan to eat it? We are having mini-cakes cause there is only 5 of us.And its a DW wedding.
    5. Do you go to any boards other than this one? Which ones? Local Boards, Attire, and Snarky.
    6. Name a guilty pleasure. Millionaire Matchmaker.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gives-cpr-board-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:486954ad-2617-4805-a70f-5e45afd2a4afPost:eb141037-32e2-4b70-9a55-77b1a7ab1a4e">Re: ::gives CPR to the board:: POLL</a>:
    [QUOTE] 6. Name a guilty pleasure. Millionaire Matchmaker.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, um, yeah, that too. I watched 2 episodes last night. FI said, "Can we watch something else during dinner?! Like Vampire Diaries?"</div>
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Iced Tea
    The Office
    Dinner at an Italian restaurant.  We were both suddenly so shy we barely said two words to each other the entire time.  Awkward!
    Destination wedding so probably N/A....neither of us really likes cake though, so even if we did keep it, it would probably still be in our freezer 10 years from now (a la that Mad About You episode)
    Just some random cruise advice ones
    Probably any show on E!....or watching the original 90210
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gives-cpr-board-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:486954ad-2617-4805-a70f-5e45afd2a4afPost:d4f8cc18-b5b3-4642-a590-d52db91d8fdb">Re: ::gives CPR to the board:: POLL</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ::gives CPR to the board:: POLL : Oh, um, yeah, that too. I watched 2 episodes last night. FI said, "Can we watch something else during dinner?! Like Vampire Diaries?"
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]
    I got lucky, one day while home officing (sp?) my FI got into it, now its' his guilty pleasure ALSO! I love it when that happens. Can't get him addicted to SYTTD though.
  • Options
    1. What is your favorite beverage? Coffee
    2. What's the television show that you refuse to miss? The Deep End, Gray's Anatomy
    3. What was your first date with your BF/FI/DH?  He was late to Applebee's, he had gotten lost and I thought I was getting stood up.
    4. Do you plan to or did you save the top of your wedding cake? If so, when do you plan to eat it?   Plan to save and eat 1 year later.
    5. Do you go to any boards other than this one? Which ones? Local, October 2010, GIS
    6. Name a guilty pleasure. Shoes
  • Options
    1. Water
    2. None, really
    3. He cooked dinner for me. We talked until 5am. How romantical. ;)
    4. MIL "saved it for us." I'm sure it will taste like ass on our one year anniversary.
    5. Catholic board mostly
    6. Looking at parenting websites to indulge my baby fever without telling DH
    7. DH is out of town at least 1/2 of the time. I really wish we had more sexy time.
  • Options
    1. What is your favorite beverage? Water
    2. What's the television show that you refuse to miss? Mad Men and SNL
    3. What was your first date with your BF/FI/DH? We went to starbucks, went to his place and watched seven, then did it.
    4. Do you plan to or did you save the top of your wedding cake? If so, when do you plan to eat it? We saved it and it kept calling me from the freezer so we ate it 3 months after we got married... it wasnt that good.
    5. Do you go to any boards other than this one? Which ones?  GIS, thats it
    6. Name a guilty pleasure. melted cheese on whatever I can
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gives-cpr-board-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:486954ad-2617-4805-a70f-5e45afd2a4afPost:1310d5f1-8a42-4f05-918a-12e08eef0e87">Re: ::gives CPR to the board:: POLL</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ::gives CPR to the board:: POLL : I got lucky, one day while home officing (sp?) my FI got into it, now its' his guilty pleasure ALSO! I love it when that happens. Can't get him addicted to SYTTD though.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>I got FI to watch Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, and Gordon Ramsay's shows with me, which is good enough!</div>
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Water or Lipton Diet Citrus Green Tea
    Dexter
    Dinner
    The store dropped it so we didn't even get to use it on our wedding day - so no.
    My local and chit chat
    Brownies!
  • Options
    1. What is your favorite beverage?  Sprite, unfortunately
    2. What's the television show that you refuse to miss?  House or Modern Family
    3. What was your first date with your BF/FI/DH?  day out on the boat
    4. Do you plan to or did you save the top of your wedding cake? If so, when do you plan to eat it?  I doubt we'll save it since we plan to move right after the wedding
    5. Do you go to any boards other than this one? Which ones?  I check my local every now and then and peek at Wedding Party and NEY for dramz.
    6. Name a guilty pleasure.  peanut butter cookies with Hershey's kisses.  making some now :)
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    1. What is your favorite beverage? hot tea
    2. What's the television show that you refuse to miss? Grey's Anatomy
    3. What was your first date with your BF/FI/DH? We met at Malaga Tapas Bar at 8pm and stayed there until they shut down at 2. We didn't even eat what we ordered, and maybe had one glass of wine each. We were too busy talking. Then we made out in the parking garage for 30 minutes. We met on E-Harmony, so it was a semi-blind date.
    4. Do you plan to or did you save the top of your wedding cake? If so, when do you plan to eat it? Yes. We might wait for 1st anniversary, or we might eat it the next week.
    5. Do you go to any boards other than this one? Which ones? I hang out on WP a lot and I lurk on Budget, SB and Chit Chat. None outside of TK, though.
    6. Name a guilty pleasure. gummy candies, especially the thick ones, like juju hearts and swedish fish.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    cukimerrydollcukimerrydoll member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    1. What is your favorite beverage? Ginger Ale and Pomegranite juice
    2. What's the television show that you refuse to miss? Don't really have one, but I love watching Golden Girls reruns.
    3. What was your first date with your BF/FI/DH? Mexican food.
    4. Do you plan to or did you save the top of your wedding cake? I plan to - I want to sculpt it and paint it.  I have an idea of what I want - It was originally done in frosting.
    If so, when do you plan to eat it? Oh... I was planning on sculpting the cake topper, the top tier of the cake we'll eat on our first anniversary.  Provided we can freeze it for that long.  Maybe Christmas instead.
    5. Do you go to any boards other than this one? Which ones? Most of them.  I really like the DIY board.  And lately I've been visiting Getting In Shape
    6. Name a guilty pleasure.  Probably Golden Girls.
  • Options
    In Response to ::gives CPR to the board:: POLL:
    1. What is your favorite beverage? Beer, probably. Also, fancy root beer. Tea. Coffee. I can't pick. Do milkshakes count?
    2. What's the television show that you refuse to miss? I don't have one.
    3. What was your first date with your BF/FI/DH? We went to our department halloween party. I was Galadriel (with a friend as a hobbit); he was Lawrence of Arabia. I walked into the room, and thought, "sh*t, we're wearing the same thing!" (essentially, both in all white). He walked me home and kissed me. Then we met up for coffee the next morning. Our friends were supposed to come, but skipped out. It took us two hours to actually get to the point of talking about the kiss.
    4. Do you plan to or did you save the top of your wedding cake? If so, when do you plan to eat it? We won't save it, we'll get an anniversary cake from the bakery.
    5. Do you go to any boards other than this one? Which ones? I check out the Catholic one sometimes.
    6. Name a guilty pleasure. As discussed on tlv's menu thread, English Muffin Pizzas. Also, Onion Rings.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    1. What is your favorite beverage? half lemonade, half iced tea. Or just hot tea.
    2. What's the television show that you refuse to miss? Gossip Girl :)
    3. What was your first date with your BF/FI/DH? He came to visit, stayed at my parents' house. We went to the Original Pancake House and then to a modern art museum. It was before we'd decided we were dating, but love was in the air ;)
    4. Do you plan to or did you save the top of your wedding cake? If so, when do you plan to eat it? Probably not, since we'll be moving to San Francisco immediately after.
    5. Do you go to any boards other than this one? Which ones?  I go on my local and club boards once in a while. Used to more before.
    6. Name a guilty pleasure. Twilight. I've read the series four times and am going to restart it today.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    1. What is your favorite beverage? Diet Coke or maybe apple or grapefruit juice
    2. What's the television show that you refuse to miss? Grey's Anatomy and Dancing with the Stars
    3. What was your first date with your BF/FI/DH? What we consider our first date was putt-putt and dinner, but we actually went to a wedding a couple days before together.
    4. Do you plan to or did you save the top of your wedding cake? If so, when do you plan to eat it? We'll probably save the top, but we haven't talked about it too much
    5. Do you go to any boards other than this one? Which ones?  I've posted on Wedding Party a few times, and my club and local boards. 
    6. Name a guilty pleasure. Oooh...anything garlic-y and/or cheesey.  Yummm.  ETA: Also, Teen Mom...love it, can't help it!
  • Options
    1. What is your favorite beverage? G-rated: Pepsi, R-rated: wine
    2. What's the television show that you refuse to miss? The Office
    3. What was your first date with your BF/FI/DH? Dinner at Cheesecake Factory
    4. Do you plan to or did you save the top of your wedding cake? If so, when do you plan to eat it? We did not save it - it was served. Our baker does anniversary tiers instead
    5. Do you go to any boards other than this one? Which ones? Nope
    6. Name a guilty pleasure. Teen Mom
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    1. coffee
    2. grey's anatomy
    3.we ate at longhorn then went to target to get gum, went to the beach and walked the strip, then played pool at a local bar.
    4. yes, at our first annivarsary
    5. local, dress
    6.chocolate, secret life of the american teenager.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    1. What is your favorite beverage? Coke
    2. What's the television show that you refuse to miss? Lost, 24, The Soup, and sadly, American Idol
    3. What was your first date with your BF/FI/DH? indie wrestling in Delaware
    4. Do you plan to or did you save the top of your wedding cake? If so, when do you plan to eat it? No, I think our vendor does a free one a year later...I have to check.
    5. Do you go to any boards other than this one? Which ones? Invites and Paper, DIY and Baltimore
    6. Name a guilty pleasure. Reading YA fiction even though I'm in my 30s
    planning

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards