Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

My kind of town, Chicago is (GTG recap)

I met Poli and Mr. Poli in Chicago last night, and it was super fun. Both of them are just lovely people, and I really enjoyed getting to know them after seeing so much of Poli here on the boards. For those of you who were wondering, Mr. Poli does indeed look like Ryan Gosling when you first meet him, but he insists that most people say he looks like Haley Joel Osment, and after hanging out with him for a few hours (and a martini or three) I started to see it.

We started out with a delicious Italian dinner at Rosebud on Rush, and then Poli and I went barhopping while Mr. Poli headed off to a work party. We met and talked to lots of interesting and weird residents of Chicago, which is my idea of a good time. And the end of the night may have involved the Backstreet Boys and karaoke.

I definitely don't think this will be the only time I head down to Chicago to see Poli. :)

Here are a couple of pics that I have (I think Poli took a few more):

imageimage
Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?

Re: My kind of town, Chicago is (GTG recap)

• Options
    So fun!  Totally jealous.  And impressed that it didn't snow for your GTG like it has for all the others lately. 
  • Options
    Ooooh fun night!
  • Options
    aww, schmoopies
  • Options
    AWWW!!! Fun!!! You guys look adorable!
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Se jealous! It sounds like you girls had fun. You two are so cute.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kind-of-town-chicago-gtg-recap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:48a29eb6-302e-4b65-9374-b706519d7e29Post:e9a12d3a-835e-4fb9-b2f5-1f8e1389fc02">Re: My kind of town, Chicago is (GTG recap)</a>:
    [QUOTE]So fun!  Totally jealous.  And impressed that it didn't snow for your GTG like it has for all the others lately. 
    Posted by julezlee[/QUOTE]

It's been weirdly warm for the Milwaukee/Chicago area, and hasn't snowed since I got out here last week. Very odd. It might have hit the 40s yesterday, and consequently all the snow was melting and it was foggy as all hell.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Very cute! Sounds like a great time, and thanks for confirming the Gosling-ness. ;)

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    Well, aren't you just the GTG queen! Glad you had a good time!
  • Options
    I'm jealous all the way down to my toes.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    Amazing!  So jealous.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    :) you beat me to it, lovely lady!

When I woke up this morning, I thought:
    Sarahnumbers + Sarahpoli + Many martinis + Chicago + Karoke + Shattering Sarah's curfew = Awesome.

Ryan Gosling/Haley Joel Osment had a blast as well and was very impressed by Sarah's history knowledge and general badassness :
  • Options
    Look at you two cuties!
  • Options
    Awesome!  Sarah, you're definitely making the rounds!  I'm bummed that I couldn't swing Chicago.  It's alright though, I'm meeting up with some hot LA Knotties next month!
  • Options
    Q: Who's more jealous than all of you combined?

A: Me.
    We didn't get home til 2 am, so there was no way I could go out and meet up with you guys! =(

Again! Again!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kind-of-town-chicago-gtg-recap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:48a29eb6-302e-4b65-9374-b706519d7e29Post:65a5df36-3744-4a5f-a8e8-c2c799c3ac53">Re: My kind of town, Chicago is (GTG recap)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Q: Who's more jealous than all of you combined? A: Me. We didn't get home til 2 am, so there was no way I could go out and meet up with you guys! =( Again! Again!
    Posted by rhodesign[/QUOTE]

I'd be up for that!

Course, I dropped Poli off at her house at 2am... so it sounds like version 2.0 could be just as awesome as the first. :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    Sarah, I still can't believe we kept you out that late! Shame on me ;)
  • Options
    Nah, it was fine. I made it home in one piece, and the drive was pretty peaceful given that all the FIBs were asleep. It was probably one of the nicest drives I've ever had on 94.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards