Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Corsage for stepmom?

FI and stepmom and not close. He doesn't dislike her or anything, they just aren't close at all. Does she get a corsage as well or just the mothers/gradmothers?

Re: Corsage for stepmom?

• Options
    Agreed with rachers - I'm ordering one for my stepmom, despite not being incredibly close, in order to avoid any hurt feelings. It's really a small gesture (that can mean a lot) in the scheme of things.
  • Options
    I would absolutely include her on the corsages. It would be a public slight to pass her over.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Agreed with the others.  Heck, I ordered the one for DDs stepmom and made sure it was identical to mine to avoid her drama.
  • Options
    Ditto PPs. It's such a small thing you can do that will make her happy. 

• Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    I think FI should make the final call, but yesm getting her one seems like the best idea.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    We're doing one for my step mom even though she and I aren't close. Save yourself the drama.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I spoke with my FI about this, and we agreed to also get one for his Step Mom. We told her (when she asked if there were any specific colours she should avoid so as to not match with the WP) and she was really pleased.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 95 Invited
    image 70 Are ready to party!
    image 10 Will be missing out!
    image 15 Are MIA!
  • Options
    Yes, I would, just to avoid any hurt feelings/drama.

We are doing one for FI's stepmother that came into the picture after he was grown, and is one step above hating him (I haven't even met her). We also did one for my Dad's girlfriend, but I actually like her and she's been really helpful with the wedding. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_corsage-for-stepmom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:48a6ca1b-8263-4ec9-98d8-24682db32e07Post:2deb7d5f-a007-4382-a8a2-00388c12c4a8">Re: Corsage for stepmom?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, I would, just to avoid any hurt feelings/drama. We are doing one for FI's stepmother that came into the picture after he was grown, and is one step above hating him (I haven't even met her). We also did one for my Dad's girlfriend, but I actually like her and she's been really helpful with the wedding. 
    Posted by erin7264[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you should put YOURSELF in her shoes which is what most people with etiquette are taught. You did one for your Dad's GIRLFRIEND, but you don't want to show a STEP-MOTHER that same respect? Really.  And was this step-mother expected to contribute financially?

I hope that some of these young ignorant brides one day have to experience being a STEP-mother and see how the tables are turned.

Step-mothers are treated like crap, expected to love and GIVE & GIVE AND GIVE without  delay, yet when they become tired of being ignored and treated poorly  - they disengage from the giving then everyone wonders, 'gee why doesn't she want to give any more...."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards