New York-New York City

Same Sex Wedding & Reception Venue Help

Hi- my fiancée and I  are planning our wedding, with a date set for Sept 2014... we absolutely hate to wait that long but have no choice because of our budget, sooner would be so much better. We need a venue to have a wedding and reception  we live in Staten Island, but are open to any options on locations or places. In other words, we are not traditional so the venue doesn't have to be traditional. Now because we are a same sex couple our options are limited as most churches are out, as are their halls. Of course we would also like to only spend our money where our love is recognized and supported. Also my soon to be wife is a freelance graphic designer so if you own a venue perhaps you need new menus or some thing else designed and we can work out a barter system for some costs. 
Thanks in Advance, 
Amy

Re: Same Sex Wedding & Reception Venue Help

• Amy
    This is just a general tip but September is the busiest month for
    Weddings in NYC so most demand means highest prices.    To keep costs down choose July or November, ot choose a Friday evening or even weeknight, which will get you much better prices.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_same-sex-wedding-reception-venue-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:9ec04c30-193c-4f34-9406-72318c93aaf1Post:69b4a208-cd3b-40bd-9ea8-e870665681e3">Re: Same Sex Wedding & Reception Venue Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amy This is just a general tip but September is the busiest month for Weddings in NYC so most demand means highest prices.    To keep costs down choose July or November, ot choose a Friday evening or even weeknight, which will get you much better prices.  
    Posted by callmemadam[/QUOTE]

<div>I did not know that, thank you so much. </div>
  • have you looked into Snug Harbor?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards