Wedding Etiquette Forum

Random poll

- If you could exchange your MIL for someone famous, who would it be?

- Your IL's are coming to visit for 2 weeks.  Your first thought is:

- You get fingerprinted when you:

- Your family (you and your SO) get an opportunity to live abroad.  Your choices are, all expenses paid in Qatar for 4 years (non-negotiable time, housing, electricity, car paid) OR you get to move to Italy for 2 years, no assistance.  Which would you choose?

- If you had a choice between a motorcycle and a Smart, which would you choose and why?

-  Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate? Why?

- Best desert you've ever had:

Re: Random poll

• I'm too hungover to think about any of those except for the first one: I wish my MIL was Betty White.
    Oh no we dropped the groom!! imagePlanning Bio UPDATED
  • - If you could exchange your MIL for someone famous, who would it be? Julie Andrews

- Your IL's are coming to visit for 2 weeks.  Your first thought is: Pretty sure TK is going to veto that response

- You get fingerprinted when you: When I cash a check at some banks and when I went for my Visa

- Your family (you and your SO) get an opportunity to live abroad.  Your choices are, all expenses paid in Qatar for 4 years (non-negotiable time, housing, electricity, car paid) OR you get to move to Italy for 2 years, no assistance.  Which would you choose?  Hmm, tough one, but I'm a cheap ass, so I'm going with Qatar

- If you had a choice between a motorcycle and a Smart, which would you choose and why? Smart.  Can;t carry groceries on a bike.

-  Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate? Why? Dark Chocolate.  My sis hated it so it was guaranteed she wouldn't get into MY Easter candy once hers was gone.

- Best desert you've ever had:  I can't really think of any mind blowing ones I;ve had.  I am fond of my homemade chocolate mousse.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    - If you could exchange your MIL for someone famous, who would it be? Goldie Hawn

- Your IL's are coming to visit for 2 weeks.  Your first thought is: Uuuuugh fucking kill me

- You get fingerprinted when you: do anything illegal

- Your family (you and your SO) get an opportunity to live abroad.  Your choices are, all expenses paid in Qatar for 4 years (non-negotiable time, housing, electricity, car paid) OR you get to move to Italy for 2 years, no assistance.  Which would you choose? Italy. My husband would NOT eat any of the food in qatar, it would probably be really hot there, I am sort of afraid of the middle east, and I dont think I could pass up italy. I also think that italy is closer to a lot of places I want to travel to, so it would make that easier as well.

- If you had a choice between a motorcycle and a Smart, which would you choose and why? I would choose a smart car, even though I think they look stupid as sin. I just would be too scared to ride a motorcycle.

-  Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate? Why? Dark chocolate, more bang for your buck.

- Best desert you've ever had: I had this delicious vanilla bean cheesecake once with a raspberry drizzle. it was incredible.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:49a7d0fb-b935-468b-b884-e2deee20d880Post:03c16059-1c45-4caa-ad13-2d83bcacf4d3">Random poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]
    - If you could exchange your MIL for someone famous, who would it be?  <strong>Queen of England.  Why?  Hello, Harry.</strong>

- Your IL's are coming to visit for 2 weeks.  Your first thought is:  <strong>Must.buy.more.booze.</strong>

- You get fingerprinted when you: <strong>Are getting a permission to stay permit for Italy.  This will happen multiple times.</strong>

- Your family (you and your SO) get an opportunity to live abroad.  Your choices are, all expenses paid in Qatar for 4 years (non-negotiable time, housing, electricity, car paid) OR you get to move to Italy for 2 years, no assistance.  Which would you choose?<strong> Qatar.  One, I've heard it's really awesome to live there, and secondly, the extra money would be sweet. </strong>

- If you had a choice between a motorcycle and a Smart, which would you choose and why?  <strong>Smart.  Motorcycles are deathtraps.</strong>

-  Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate? Why?<strong> Milk.  Dark is too bitter and white is too sweet.</strong>

- Best desert you've ever had: <strong>I'm going to have to go with wedding cake.  It stands out the most.  Coconut cake with lime curd filling.  I'd kill to have some of that riiiight about now.</strong>
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:49a7d0fb-b935-468b-b884-e2deee20d880Post:2a0eb414-1283-4e73-8e32-829ca05e9746">Re: Random poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Random poll :
    - If you could exchange your MIL for someone famous, who would it be?  <strong>Queen of England.  Why?  Hello, Harry.</strong>
    Well played!
  • - If you could exchange your MIL for someone famous, who would it be? Betty White

- Your IL's are coming to visit for 2 weeks.  Your first thought is: uh oh, I need to clean

- You get fingerprinted when you: started my job at the jail

- Your family (you and your SO) get an opportunity to live abroad.  Your choices are, all expenses paid in Qatar for 4 years (non-negotiable time, housing, electricity, car paid) OR you get to move to Italy for 2 years, no assistance.  Which would you choose? Italy

- If you had a choice between a motorcycle and a Smart, which would you choose and why? Smart

-  Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate? Dark chocolate Why? It's delicious

- Best desert you've ever had: hot chocolate cake from Morton's Steakhouse
    Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • - If you could exchange your MIL for someone famous, who would it be?
    Estelle Getty, if of course, she was still alive.
    She doesn't know where we live. Ha!
    are in elementary school, and they tell you about kidnappers.
    - Your family (you and your SO) get an opportunity to live abroad.  Your choices are, all expenses paid in Qatar for 4 years (non-negotiable time, housing, electricity, car paid) OR you get to move to Italy for 2 years, no assistance.  Which would you choose?
    Italy, my Grandmother is Italian, and once when to visit the place her Dad was born. I would love to do that.
    - If you had a choice between a motorcycle and a Smart, which would you choose and why? Motorcylce, a Smart wouldn't be me any good in MT.

White Chocolate. I only eat it at Easter, and it is amazing.

Buttercream frosting. Yum.
  • - If you could exchange your MIL for someone famous, who would it be? Well, if someone would play her on a movie, I'd pick Doris Roberts (Ray's mom on Everybody Loves Raymond).  If we're talking a replacement, I'll take Betty White!

- Your IL's are coming to visit for 2 weeks.  Your first thought is: One of us will be in a hotel!  And in the meantime, I need to hide too much stuff!

- You get fingerprinted when you: Face jail time after clocking the in-laws when they decided to visit for two weeks.  :-)

- Your family (you and your SO) get an opportunity to live abroad.  Your choices are, all expenses paid in Qatar for 4 years (non-negotiable time, housing, electricity, car paid) OR you get to move to Italy for 2 years, no assistance.  Which would you choose?  Italy.  There's so much of that country I want to see.

- If you had a choice between a motorcycle and a Smart, which would you choose and why? Smart.  I want a roof or at least the option of one.

-  Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate? Why? Dark!  It tastes sofa king great!

- Best desert you've ever had:  Had it Tuesday on my birthday: rosemary cake with whipped cream and pignoli nuts. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:49a7d0fb-b935-468b-b884-e2deee20d880Post:7b302a88-c096-43a1-96c1-49bd1761fa9d">Re: Random poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random poll : Well played!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

*bows* :D
  • - If you could exchange your MIL for someone famous, who would it be?  No idea, probably anyone

- Your IL's are coming to visit for 2 weeks.  Your first thought is:  Shiiiiit.  I wonder how many hours I can pick up at work during waking hours...?

- You get fingerprinted when you:  Do anything that you shouldn't have done, legally.

- Your family (you and your SO) get an opportunity to live abroad.  Your choices are, all expenses paid in Qatar for 4 years (non-negotiable time, housing, electricity, car paid) OR you get to move to Italy for 2 years, no assistance.  Which would you choose?  Qatar.  I would totally love to just wander around the non war zones, and it would be interesting to be immersed in a culture that is so different than western/american.  And, having everything paid for sounds easier than having to do it on your own.

- If you had a choice between a motorcycle and a Smart, which would you choose and why?  Motorcycle, no question, at all.  Waaayy more fun

-  Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate? Why?  D, all of the above.  I'm an equal opportunity chocolate fiend.

- Best desert you've ever had:  Pumpkin cheesecake.  I'm a sucker for anything pumpkin.
  • - If you could exchange your MIL for someone famous, who would it be? Tina Fey, and then I would insist she go everywhere with me

- Your IL's are coming to visit for 2 weeks.  Your first thought is: Which hotel are they staying in?

- You get fingerprinted when you: Get picked up by the police?

- Your family (you and your SO) get an opportunity to live abroad.  Your choices are, all expenses paid in Qatar for 4 years (non-negotiable time, housing, electricity, car paid) OR you get to move to Italy for 2 years, no assistance.  Which would you choose? Italy

- If you had a choice between a motorcycle and a Smart, which would you choose and why? Smart car, because I need to carry stuff around and not get rained on.

-  Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate? Why? Dark chocolate. It's the best tasting, plus is the only chocolate I can justify eating because it's "good" for me.

- Best desert you've ever had: Um, the Sahara? ;) When I was 12, I had a flourless chocolate cake called Black Beast at a local Italian restaurant. I would pay big money to have just one more piece of it.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:49a7d0fb-b935-468b-b884-e2deee20d880Post:5e3eb4bc-5059-4e83-a3f8-b6c851ca8dbb">Re: Random poll</a>:
    [QUOTE] Best desert you've ever had:  Had it Tuesday on my birthday: rosemary cake with whipped cream and pignoli nuts. 
    Posted by banana468[/QUOTE]

Any chance that was homemade with some access to a recipe?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:49a7d0fb-b935-468b-b884-e2deee20d880Post:41a5a952-37a0-437d-b198-e0e8b4a4d708">Re: Random poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]. - Your family (you and your SO) get an opportunity to live abroad.  Your choices are, all expenses paid in Qatar for 4 years (non-negotiable time, housing, electricity, car paid) OR you get to move to Italy for 2 years, no assistance.  Which would you choose?  Qatar.  I would totally love to just wander around the non war zones, and it would be interesting to be immersed in a culture that is so different than western/american.  And, having everything paid for sounds easier than having to do it on your own.
    Posted by mocha beans[/QUOTE]

You mean, not being in a Middle Eastern warzone?  Cause that's not a big area, comparatively.  ;)  Aaaand, my friend who lives there says it's amazingly American. lol Except, you know, the no wearing things above your knees or showing your shoulders or drinking thing. hahaha
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:49a7d0fb-b935-468b-b884-e2deee20d880Post:51170eeb-1b7c-47ef-a93e-e08b1db4cb4c">Re: Random poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]- If you could exchange your MIL for someone famous, who would it be? Tina Fey, and then I would insist she go everywhere with me
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]
    Tina Fey is truly awesome.
  • I think the "where would you live " question is most revealing.  I find it really interesting that so many would choose Italy. :)
  • - If you could exchange your MIL for someone famous, who would it be? Julie Andrews
    - Your IL's are coming to visit for 2 weeks.  Your first thought is:Crap I need to clean
    - You get fingerprinted when you: renewing your drivers license 
    - Your family (you and your SO) get an opportunity to live abroad.  Your choices are, all expenses paid in Qatar for 4 years (non-negotiable time, housing, electricity, car paid) OR you get to move to Italy for 2 years, no assistance.  Which would you choose?  Italy.  FI would not do well with food in Qatar, then again he wouldn't like the drink options in Italy either. and there are so many things I want to see in and near Italy it would be nice.

- If you had a choice between a motorcycle and a Smart, which would you choose and why? Smart.  I think I would rather walk over either option but if I had to choose.

-  Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate? Why? Dark!  I want some now...

- Best desert you've ever had:  i cannot answer that question. I have had a lot of good ones, and I can't think of the best

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:49a7d0fb-b935-468b-b884-e2deee20d880Post:3501cc5f-a79a-489b-ad6f-8fdf68a97f58">Re: Random poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random poll : Tina Fey is truly awesome.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I want to go to there.

Amrs, omg thank you! Nommm. That looks pretty much like what I had. I know it was good because I can still taste it 17 years later.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • When I was 7 we had the most amazing peach bread at a little restaurant in NH near the White Mountains.  Of course my parents have no clue what the name of the place was, but almost 40 years later I can still remember the taste, warm with butter melting into it...

sigh
  • That sounds delicious aMrs! I've never even heard of peach bread, but boy does it sound tasty with melted butter.

• Hoenstly, I wouldn't visit the middle east right now. No way.
    If the other choice would have been Ireland, that would have won out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:49a7d0fb-b935-468b-b884-e2deee20d880Post:1841d245-bc7b-43f9-ac42-ed8dc02cdf68">Re: Random poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hoenstly, I wouldn't visit the middle east right now. No way. If the other choice would have been Ireland, that would have won out.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]
    Why?
  • I lack street smarts of any kind, and wouldn't be able to find my way around. I've never been to a major metropolitan area. So, jumping to a volatile area where English is not the first language would be too much for me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:49a7d0fb-b935-468b-b884-e2deee20d880Post:f0faee63-1a9b-4283-9547-76e0152d3b86">Re: Random poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I lack street smarts of any kind, and wouldn't be able to find my way around. I've never been to a major metropolitan area. So, jumping to a volatile area where English is not the first language would be too much for me.

I mean this in a nice way, but you should watch the news more often.  For one thing, Qatar is an extremely modern city, with little to no violence towards expats, unless they are Indian.  Sounds weird, but it's true.  Secondly, it's heavily invested in by English nations, nad has large populations of english speaking people there.  Actually, it's easier to get around there than it can be in italy because the entire infrastructure is modern.  Don't forget, in Italy, the first language isn't English either. ;)
  • Yeah, that came off as sounding kind of xenophobic. Oops. I wouldn't feel comfortable just roaming the streets of NYC either, because that is something I am unfamiliar with.I wouldn't know how to read a subway map, or those kinds of things. 
     I am interested in Ireland because of the landscape, and would love to photograph the rural areas. I am much more comfortable in rural settings, because I've never been around a large number of people in a small amount of space.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:49a7d0fb-b935-468b-b884-e2deee20d880Post:03c16059-1c45-4caa-ad13-2d83bcacf4d3">Random poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]- If you could exchange your MIL for someone famous, who would it be? -<strong>Eleanot Roosevelt
    </strong> Your IL's are coming to visit for 2 weeks.  Your first thought is: - <strong>ohshit!
    </strong>You get fingerprinted when you: - <strong>got my name changed
    </strong>Your family (you and your SO) get an opportunity to live abroad.  Your choices are, all expenses paid in Qatar for 4 years (non-negotiable time, housing, electricity, car paid) OR you get to move to Italy for 2 years, no assistance.  Which would you choose? - <strong>Italy - no alcohol in Qatar</strong>
    If you had a choice between a motorcycle and a Smart, which would you choose and why? -  <strong>Smart, because I can use it in the rain without getting wet
    </strong>Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate? Why? - <strong>dark, all the way, because it tastes the best and it is the "healthiest"
    </strong>Best desert you've ever had:<strong>Sahara - did you know that it is actually red sand?</strong>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:49a7d0fb-b935-468b-b884-e2deee20d880Post:f267ed6b-34ff-4d69-987c-d749758bc3d4">Re: Random poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, that came off as sounding kind of xenophobic. Oops. I wouldn't feel comfortable just roaming the streets of NYC either, because that is something I am unfamiliar with.I wouldn't know how to read a subway map, or those kinds of things.   I am interested in Ireland because of the landscape, and would love to photograph the rural areas. I am much more comfortable in rural settings, because I've never been around a large number of people in a small amount of space.

No, I didn't read it that way, I knew what you meant but that perhaps you should... think more broadly.  Does that make sense to you? :)  Honestly, I'd been to Chicago a couple of times, but that was the largest area I'd ever been in, and it doesn't *feel* huge to me.  It's definitely a different sort of experience, and part of the reason I'm so looking forward to moving to Sweden-- lot's more open space!

Yes, Sarah, I noticed that, but it was too late to change it as it had already been quoted. *facepalm*
  • - If you could exchange your MIL for someone famous, who would it be?
    I actually kinda lucked out in the MIL department, but maybe Goldie Hawn.

I think I'm gonna hop on Beatles' coattails here. "What hotel are they staying in?"

apply to be a sub.

I'm going with Italy for the food and wine. Plus, four years is a big chunk of time. Not sure I could commit to living away from our families for that long.

- If you had a choice between a motorcycle and a Smart, which would you choose and why?
    To be the sole source of transportation? A smart. To be an added vehicle? A bike.

Dark. Love it with red wine.

I'm not a huge dessert person, but I do like a good piece of cheesecake. My cousin makes some awesome cheesecake, with an amazing crumbly crust. Yum.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:49a7d0fb-b935-468b-b884-e2deee20d880Post:e81f2f5e-9938-4cbc-bd6c-86d0880de162">Re: Random poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, Sarah, I noticed that, but it was too late to change it as it had already been quoted. *facepalm*

But I was the only smartass to take it that way. Dessert? Probably some chocolate dessert from Sprungli.
  • Agreed Amoro. My world experience is at zero right now, but hopefully FI and I will be remedying that in the next few years.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards