After getting some awesome much needed advice here, I went to get tested for a nickel allergy Monday. They put 3 strips of tape, each with about 15 different allergens on it on my back, and I'm going back today at 3:30 to get my back looked at and the results back. I'm assuming I must be allergic to SOMETHING because my back is so so itchy! I've been doing the tattoo slap since about an hour after I left the doctors. Has anyone gotten this test before? Do they test you for some "control" substance, like poison ivy, that most people have an allergy to?
Also, funny side note, the allergist I went to is clearly a bit of a nut job. She tried to diagnose me with asthma (which I don't have) and when I said my lung function was lower than average because I have some scarring there from a bad bout of pneumonia as an infant she tried to diagnose me with auto immune disease! I left with an inhaler and a referral to get blood work (which I'm not using and not doing- but wow was she pushy!) Once this test is done I am definitely never going back there.
On another note on taking advice here I got my ring cleaned, resized and replated (all for free where he bought the ring). It is MUCH more comfortable now (although still a little bothersome) and I forgot how shiny it was when it was new! I keep moving my finger around at work to make it flash, pretty! Thanks for the great and very helpful suggestions girls!