Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Squeal of Delight

Hi ladies,

This weekend a friend of mine who is a makeup artist and hair stylist offered to do hair and makeup for my entire bridal party as a wedding gift. Well...she didn't mention that it is her wedding gift, but I fully expect her not to bring a gift since her offer of doing this completely gratis is soooo generous. Also, to be clear, I am not expecting anyone to bring gifts. My MOH is also a stylist and will be doing a couple of the girls hair too, so it won't be crazy for my other friend. I'm overjoyed by her generosity and am very grateful.

My question is what are some gift ideas that would be good to give her as a thank you for this?

Re: Squeal of Delight

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_squeal-of-delight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4d7644f1-8ced-4dd7-9865-543a60bbe04ePost:d54ba5e2-b45e-486b-b102-56a8f817c7bd">Squeal of Delight</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies, This weekend a friend of mine who is a makeup artist and hair stylist offered to do hair and makeup for my entire bridal party as a wedding gift. Well...she didn't mention that it is her wedding gift, but I fully expect her not to bring a gift since her offer of doing this completely gratis is soooo generous. Also, to be clear, I am not expecting anyone to bring gifts. My MOH is also a stylist and will be doing a couple of the girls hair too, so it won't be crazy for my other friend. I'm overjoyed by her generosity and am very grateful. My question is what are some gift ideas that would be good to give her as a thank you for this?
    Posted by Sharpschruter22[/QUOTE]
    My friend, who is a make-up artist practically lives in Sephora, so I might go there for some inspiration. Maybe a gift card attached to a make-up set of a brand she uses?
    That is, of course, if you want to give her something make-up and hair related. I mean, you know your friend best. What are some of her other interests or hobbies?
  • Options
    A childhood friend of mine will be singing at our wedding. She's an amazing singer. When we brought up her "fee" she said she would sing as my gift.  Which is so amazing. I can't think of a better gift.

We're going to get her a gift certificate to a local Outdoor Spa that she loves.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Another perspective: My mom and I made my friend's wedding cake and my mom made her veil. My mom decided not to give her an additional gift at the wedding as she considered the cake and veil to be her gift (she did give a gift for her shower). After the wedding my friend wanted to know what to get my mom as a thank you gift. The idea of my friend giving her a thank you gift for her wedding present made my mom really, really uncomfortable (she felt horrible, like she should have given her a boxed gift as well). 

It sounds like the hair and makeup is way beyond what I would consider a normal wedding gift so I think a nice thank you gift would be appreciated. If she considers it her wedding gift to you, you may make her feel uncomfortable by giving her a gift back since gifts are generally not given to thank the givers of a boxed wedding gift. I would keep it small/simple, the sheers and gift card ideas are really good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree with the restaurant gc. I know my friend would've loved the shear gift, especially in animal print.
  • Options
    Wow, major score! That's so sweet of her! I agree with previous posters that a gift card or restaurant spa would be really sweet. Since she's giving you an experience-gift, you can give her an experience-gift back!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards