Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Mother [beep].... not happy anymore

edit:  The electric just went out.... I hate this island sometimes....Oh and my light batteries are not charged

but they finally fixed the cable and I'm able to watch  Golden Girls. 

Is there anyone else who would be upset at their cable being mostly off for 3 days?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Mother [beep].... not happy anymore

• Options
    I would listen to music and read, but my 6 yr old would drive us all nuts!
  • Options
    Heck yes! I'd be so bored.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Umm, yes you SHOULD be that happy.  GG withdrawals are unhealthy and unnatural.  I'd be pissed without my cable for that long.
  • Options
    I watch live TV pretty much never so it might take me 3 days to realize the cable was out. Internet? I'd be pissed hardcore.

But when I realized my shows weren't showing up on the DVR, I'd get upset.

Once FI thought the cabel was out because the TV was black when he turned it on. We had it on AUX (i.e. the PS3). *headdesk*
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    our local news sucks.  But I do enjoy watching other news programs.  I only had 2 available this morning.  Fox news, which I just can't get into and the Today Show. I normally do not mind the Today Show, but today they had an 'extensive' interview with the white house state dinner crashers.  I really just did not care about them or Tiger's  possible mistress.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I love Golden Girls in a horribly wonderful way :) haha

I also can't live without Charmed, WIll & Grace, Frasier, and Army Wives... I know I know, I'm an awful personInnocent
  • Options
    I would be crazy bored.  I can watch all of my shows online, but it would be a long three days (unless it was over a weekend when I don't watch much tv).
  • Options
    I would die if I had to go three days without cable.  I am such an addict.
  • Options
    I would be horribly unhappy.  But I could entertain myself with all the movies we have.
  • Options
    The TV was on this weekend because M and her husband were here for Thanksgiving weekend.

The cable could be out for weeks before I would notice.
  • Options
    I've been without cable since April. Obviously 3 days wouldn't bother me that much. Internet? That's a horse of another color.
  • Options
    Nope, wouldn't bother me if I couldn't watch tv. Now, It would bother me to not be able to listen to the radio.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards