Wedding Etiquette Forum

"We Don't Know" RSVPs?

So, our RSVP date was July 25.  Obviously we are well past that, although I figured some people would reply late.  My problem is that we have several people who have replied with "We're not sure yet."  One couple said they did not receive our invitation and therefore didn't get to ask for the day off work in time, so I feel like I can't really hold that against them... now they have to wait and see if they get scheduled for that day.  There is another couple, of which the man's grandfather turns 90 that weekend, and they said they aren't sure how much of the day they will want to spend with him.  There are also a few more people who gave the same "we don't know" response for various other circumstances, but anyway... do I hold places for these people and pay for their dinners "just in case", or tell them that if they can't give me an answer by, say, Saturday, then we will have to exclude them?  I feel like that's rude, but it's also kind of rude to give a wishy-washy reply and not RSVP on time.  Our wedding is August 20 and I really want to start working on the seating chart soon.  Please advise!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards