Wedding Etiquette Forum

Already Married...Can we have a large wedding someday??

Re: Already Married...Can we have a large wedding someday??

• That actually sounds like a blast, cengle.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_already-marriedcan-large-wedding-someday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:537ed51e-d5f6-406c-baf5-c361c37f1ac7Post:e429ff03-0f5d-4618-bbba-6c68c543511f">Re: Already Married...Can we have a large wedding someday??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Already Married...Can we have a large wedding someday?? : Neither can I.  I do have my mouse pointer over the spot, ready to go, though.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

Don't you love ones like that?  :)  I always just wanted people to get it over with - either walk away from the ledge, or jump off the cliff.  Quit hovering at the edge. 

METAPHOR, people.  Metaphor.  I am not encouraging anyone to actually jump off a cliff. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • I know, squirrly.  Sadly, most stop right before I ban them.  Then they GBCE and hang out in Chit Chat or club boards, occasionally lurking and PMing other newbs to join the anti-E forces.
  • smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_already-marriedcan-large-wedding-someday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:537ed51e-d5f6-406c-baf5-c361c37f1ac7Post:a6758786-8dcc-4492-a3a0-397a8a00251c">Re: Already Married...Can we have a large wedding someday??</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Hmm. I didn't have a tiara</strong>. But one time in college, the girls in my apartment and I hosted a Pretty Pretty Princess party, just for the hell of it. Old prom dresses abounded, and we drank champagne with strawberry juice in it. It was amazingly fun.
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]

I just bought one at lunch at DB.  It was my first party as a single woman and after a very rough year after a hard break up of a 7 year relationship so I decided that I was going to be queen for a day...even if only in my own head.  I would totally wear it again if it wasn't broken and at the dump.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_already-marriedcan-large-wedding-someday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:537ed51e-d5f6-406c-baf5-c361c37f1ac7Post:f6a37e68-6186-4997-88de-b57768336c5b">Re: Already Married...Can we have a large wedding someday??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Moose, I'd be sad if I knew that person.  I didn't wear a tiara, so I probably wouldn't be invited to her parties.  Sad mica.  :(

I'm not against the idea once in awhile, but my understanding was they were monthly parties and she continued to attend even after her divorce.  Granted, maybe she needed to feel pretty and princessy, but I'm not sure I could do it.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • I feel like I'm getting ready to take on Mica in a game of Fastest Finger.

<------- Has experience behind her :-p
  • The supposed PMing from lurker to newb-getting-her-pants-handed-to-her-for-a-dumb-idea just baffles me. 

If you think we're wrong or mean or whatever, SPEAK UP.  Seriously, long ago and far away, in the land of P&E of yore, everybody was FINE with small ceremonies and big receptions.  It's a pet peeve of mine.  I think they should be the same size.  I recognize the rule is they're ok, but I just find it icky.  Guess what?  I said so, and now other people say so too on here.  You can't affect change if you keep your mouth shut, people! 

Not suggesting you come in guns blazin' with insults, but if you have an opinion, share it.  Be prepared to back it up, check your facts, etc., but share it. 

Besides, somebody's gotta keep Mica and Opal on their toes.  Innocent
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • I'm so glad that squirrly, moose and smokey all showed up today.  :)
  • I think the key is always in how you word something.  Tantrums = bad. 

I'm sorry, I can't resist poking someone mid-tantrum.  I just can't.  It's like asking me not to eat cake, breathe or play WoW.  It's just not gonna happen.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_already-marriedcan-large-wedding-someday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:537ed51e-d5f6-406c-baf5-c361c37f1ac7Post:f2f5404f-593e-477c-971c-d9f9501595c9">Re: Already Married...Can we have a large wedding someday??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like I'm getting ready to take on Mica in a game of Fastest Finger. <------- Has experience behind her :-p
    Posted by opalsky007[/QUOTE]

Okay, then.  Bring it, crazy posters!
  • And that's one of the things I love about you, Moose.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Heh.  Even when you were a mod?  Or did I just help push people over the edge to make your day?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_already-marriedcan-large-wedding-someday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:537ed51e-d5f6-406c-baf5-c361c37f1ac7Post:4c13edb2-8607-43e1-9046-926ece050ab9">Re: Already Married...Can we have a large wedding someday??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so glad that squirrly, moose and smokey all showed up today.  :)

Me too, Mica, ME TOO.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Oh, even when I was a mod.  Pretty much the only thing that I probably felt differently about then was Voldemort and all the crap that went with it.  Just regular stuff?  Might have influenced what I said to the person standing on the cliff, but not really how I felt about the people they were sparring with.  KWIM? 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Ah yes.  Voldemort.  Well.  That was just bad.

• Whoa, I think all you mods on alert made me get lost in mod-dom for a second, underneath the sticky it said "edit, unstick, delete" Damn glitchy knot!
  • Thanks for telling us, Shan, I'll let Annie know the board's about to explode again.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_already-marriedcan-large-wedding-someday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:537ed51e-d5f6-406c-baf5-c361c37f1ac7Post:f27282ff-8fbb-46f8-87e0-b2cd72ecf9d2">Re: Already Married...Can we have a large wedding someday??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whoa, I think all you mods on alert made me get lost in mod-dom for a second, underneath the sticky it said "edit, unstick, delete" Damn glitchy knot!
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

Don't give in to temptation.  I hear that they get very angry if you click those buttons.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_already-marriedcan-large-wedding-someday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:537ed51e-d5f6-406c-baf5-c361c37f1ac7Post:1b898e73-cecb-4299-9b7c-c92da61c920e">Re: Already Married...Can we have a large wedding someday??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check your PMs.  :)
    Posted by thesequel[/QUOTE]

Ooops, I think we found our "mystery" pmer.
  • It's probably not sure what to do with me posting and NOT having mod controls. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_already-marriedcan-large-wedding-someday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:537ed51e-d5f6-406c-baf5-c361c37f1ac7Post:22c5ffaa-42c4-490d-b611-65b83089eb7a">Re: Already Married...Can we have a large wedding someday??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Already Married...Can we have a large wedding someday?? : Don't give in to temptation.  I hear that they get very angry if you click those buttons.
    Posted by wadingmoose[/QUOTE]

Haha, I would never dream of clicking an unknown button..... right?? O_o
  • I don't think I could resist.  It's probably quite good that I've never ever seen them.

Except that one time...

• I still want to know what the "Close Forum" button does. WHY IS IT THERE?
  • HAHA, that would really be if this place is overrun by crazies, you could make the whole world implode with the click of a button. That's a lot of power right there!!!
  • Seriously?  I'm thinking that is just a button you (or I) should not have access to.  Maybe I'm just projecting, but I'd always have this desire to just...you know, click it.

Would there be a warning?  Would the world end?  Is it a big red button?

• I've been tempted, Shan.
  • It deletes the board.  A month board mod clicked it once right after the changeover.  It took 'em a week to get the board back, I think.  And, I don't think it asked for confirmation. 

I was tempted on Invites, many times.  MANY TIMES. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• That's the kind of button that NEEDS to come with flashing lights, warning labels and alarm bells.  :)

And about 6 confirmations.

"Are you REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLY sure you want to do this?"

"Really?"

"Really really?"

"You're kidding, right?:

• I accidentally hit that button on CW once.  I think it keeps everyone from posting.  Luckily, there's an "Open Forum" button that pops up, I didn't just shut down CW forever.
  • You'd think they would have fixed that awhile ago and tried to hide that button.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards