New York-New York City

please help, looking for feedback- Marros in Rye/ Colonial Caterers

I know it's not exactly NYC, but was hoping maybe some of you have been to or had any experience with Marros in Rye/ Colonial Caterers (they seem to be a joint opperation).  I'm having a surprisingly difficult time getting much feedback on this venue.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read.  Have a fabulous weekend!

Re: please help, looking for feedback- Marros in Rye/ Colonial Caterers

• edited December 2011
    I haven't personally worked there, but I have worked at their sister location at Bronxville.  The catering company (Jacques) has absolutely delicious food, excellent services, and superb pricing.

My clients were considering Marros, and I only have pictures of the space.  We ended up going to Bronxville (selecting from the two locations) b/c we had a lower guest count.
  • edited December 2011
    it is kind of cheesy for a wedding- the bathrooms alone are like a elementary school in 1980. you could dress it up for a ton of money on flowers plus it has  auditorium like stage which needs dressing up as well- i ran out of there after seeing it.
  • ksingerksinger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had my wedding at Marros through Jean Jacques/Colonial Caterers. There were pros and cons of working with them. We loved the location and were happy with the food. However, the quality of service changed drastically after we paid our final deposit. For example, we had a Plan A and Plan B for our ceremony location and minutes before the ceremony they wanted to put us in a different location that I had clearly said I did not want. They also promised to provide two of our guests with special meals due to dietary restrictions which they failed to do at the day of the wedding. If you are willing to work with a a snobby attitude, the food is truly great and in the end our guests were happy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards